REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   Rsx-s Rotors? Good brands?? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/556193-rsx-s-rotors-good-brands.html)

Care 12-08-2008 02:03 PM

Rsx-s Rotors? Good brands??

Berzerker 12-08-2008 02:07 PM

Stoptech, Brembo Blanks, Powerslot are the 3 good ones.

Berz out.

Care 12-08-2008 02:17 PM

Berzerker 12-08-2008 03:22 PM

Lordco less than 250$.

Berz out.

Alatar 12-08-2008 04:28 PM

Can't you two just talk to each other via text?

And Lordco should have some of the above that he mentioned. Any reason you need premium brake rotors?

keifun 12-08-2008 04:44 PM

OEM...works fine..

unless you track your car or something..then you'll want to get slotted and/or drilled rotors

Shun Izaki 12-09-2008 11:25 AM

Mine are warped too... 02-04's don't like highspeed braking. It seems it's just not that great in quality, or i've hard braked one too many times.

I'm looking for decent alternatives as well that will clear stock rims/my RGII's

Berzerker 12-09-2008 11:30 AM

Yep thats why not going with OEM replacements... they warp way to easy. Powerslots are the way to go I think....

Berz out.

RenoMan 12-09-2008 12:29 PM

heres a site where i get mine prices are pretty good here
http://www.importrp.com/home_products.php

blacK20 12-17-2008 06:18 PM

centric

Shun Izaki 12-18-2008 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6163773)
Yep thats why not going with OEM replacements... they warp way to easy. Powerslots are the way to go I think....

Berz out.

Slotted + drilled a consideration? XD

bcrdukes 12-18-2008 01:25 PM

One of the Revscene sponsors carries Stoptech - Advance Automotive.

I know for a fact that they do carry Stoptech. Not so sure about Brembo or Powerslot. However, I have asked Lordco at one point and they did carry both Brembo and Powerslot. Not so sure if they do anymore.

Also, if you do go to Lordco, ask them what the price is on the rotors over the phone. Call another location and mention that you have an account under Revscene. I believe the discount is 30% off. That way, you ensure you get your discount and that you don't get screwed. :)

Edit: Just read Berzerker's comment about going aftermarket over OEM. Both can warp just as easily but OEM quality - although I don't necessarily swear by it, I've come to experience that it's far more better in terms of quality than some aftermarket parts. Brake rotors are one of them. Did you know that Stoptech now owns Powerslot? ;)

I'm currently running a Rotora setup. Their rotors and pads are awesome. The stopping quality is better than what I've experienced with OEM but in all honesty, did I need it? No. I only decided to get it because I got it at a deal I could not refuse and it was significantly sponsored by Rotora for the DTP show. OEM would have sufficed for my driving habits. Did I notice a difference? Yes, but I honestly did not need the Rotoras. Just some food for thought and playing Devil's advocate. :)

DC5-S 12-18-2008 02:58 PM

OEM is best for street.. these type of questions should be asked on clubrsx

CivicTypeRice 12-18-2008 09:13 PM

are dc5 rotors the same for fg2?

!SG 12-19-2008 07:37 AM

oem = brembo blanks.

its just like how oem wheels on japanese cars are usually made by enkei.

Shun Izaki 12-19-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 6180840)
OEM is best for street.. these type of questions should be asked on clubrsx

Driving pretty normally without tracking for the first bit of my car's life already warped my rotors...

bcrdukes 12-19-2008 11:53 AM

^
You're either stomping on your brakes or running aftermarket pads which do generally generate more heat. Warped rotors are a result of overheating caused by what I mentioned.

angus 12-19-2008 11:41 PM

If anyone with a RSX-S wants them , I have a set of powerslot plus rotors and brackets in F.S. This will permanently solve the warping issue.

angus 12-19-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6181963)
oem = brembo blanks.

its just like how oem wheels on japanese cars are usually made by enkei.

That is just NOT true at all. If you look on the edge of a brembo rotor , it is stamped with the brembo logo , and the word brembo. Oem rotors for honda don't even look like brembo rotrs , totally different casting.

Yes , some japanese cars' wheels are made by enkei , and others even rays , but not enough to say "usually" for instance , only OEM ITR wheels and NSX wheels are made by enkei - in fact - the 02- up nsx wheel is forged , made by BBS
Toyota wheels are mostly made by aisin - owned by toyota

angus 12-19-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6182215)
^
You're either stomping on your brakes or running aftermarket pads which do generally generate more heat. Warped rotors are a result of overheating caused by what I mentioned.

Not entirely accurate , here is some great info , can save you a lot of trouble.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...rakedisk.shtml

blacK20 12-20-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angus (Post 6183121)
Not entirely accurate , here is some great info , can save you a lot of trouble.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...rakedisk.shtml

I'm with you on this one. I've never actually seen a brake rotor "warp". For the most part, it is caused by uneven pad deposits on the rotor, and since resurfacing/machining the rotor will cure that problem, people think no further and believe that the rotor was "warped".

bcrdukes 12-20-2008 12:06 PM

Thanks guys. That was informative. :)

Overseas Auto1 12-20-2008 07:30 PM

we supply EBC, Stillen, Brembo, ATE,

wyattH 01-15-2009 11:26 PM

assuming the rsx-s is ANYTHING like the s2k.. new rotors wont do shit except look pretty.
get what's cheap, seriously.. centric blanks are like oem but coated to prevent rust. done. get some pads and fluid and tires.