REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Sharkwater documentary (https://www.revscene.net/forums/557611-sharkwater-documentary.html)

iEatClams 12-19-2008 12:14 AM

Sharkwater documentary

I'm surprised not many people have seen this documentary.

Especially Asians!! -- the people that need to see it most.

Friend recommended it to me. I rented it at blockbuster and was surprised how good it was.

flameboy54 12-19-2008 03:38 PM

Ya, I watched it when it was playing at TT maybe a year ago? A good watch, detered my friend from eating sharks fin but I still eat it out of respect of the host of the dinner.

xtension 12-19-2008 04:38 PM

i was forced to watch it as part of my English class. it's a good documentary.

ctsport 01-04-2009 06:00 AM

I liked this doc so much that I ordered a copy off Chapters.ca right after watching :D Go watch this!

MarkyMark 01-05-2009 02:18 AM

Good documentary, minus the surferboy voice narration throughout lol

It's pretty sad that they kill these things just for the fins, and just dump the rest of it back in the water, sometimes when they are still alive...and for what, soup!

murd0c 01-05-2009 05:21 AM

my g/f owns the movie and just got the book. Some sad stuff thats for sure

chr1s 01-05-2009 06:10 AM

Yeah. my coworker recommended it to me. i've never eaten shark fins in my life though.

iEatClams 01-07-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chr1s (Post 6206777)
Yeah. my coworker recommended it to me. i've never eaten shark fins in my life though.

your not missing out on much. people just like it because of it's expensive "baller" status.

yea, its messed up, asian culture (like my parents and all their friends), eat it at weddings.

It's kinda hard explaining to my parents that the soup has no nutritional value and that it's actually high in mercury. but at least the are cool with me not serving it at my wedding whenever i get married. You just replace the baller status with more lobster, or another super expensive substitute i guess?

Alphamale 01-07-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azndude69 (Post 6210363)
your not missing out on much. people just like it because of it's expensive "baller" status.

yea, its messed up, asian culture (like my parents and all their friends), eat it at weddings.

It's kinda hard explaining to my parents that the soup has no nutritional value and that it's actually high in mercury. but at least the are cool with me not serving it at my wedding whenever i get married. You just replace the baller status with more lobster, or another super expensive substitute i guess?

Kobe steak for everyone. THAT is baller status.

Armind 01-07-2009 01:03 AM

Gonna ask around see if my friends own a copy, i'm curious what this is about now.

I've just watched it, very interesting documentary I must say. Shark Fin Mafia.. :haha: