REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Unable to park correctly due to snow (https://www.revscene.net/forums/557874-unable-park-correctly-due-snow.html)

DA9ve 12-21-2008 10:50 PM

Unable to park correctly due to snow

Hey guys...just wondering if the 'ticketing' people will give me a ticket if i park on the right lane facing the other way during this weather...

i couldnt park the other way around as any attempt to reverse and/or turn around would get me stuck in the snow

its also in a small street so not on a main/large roads

cococly 12-22-2008 01:59 AM

If someone hit your parked car and it is not facing the correction direction, ICBC could deny your claim.

I do not think the authority would check every single street in this weather..

CRS 12-22-2008 03:28 AM

You'll get ticketed if caught.

Why ask? You know it is illegal.. Doesn't really matter what the circumstances are in this particular case.

You could shovel out the snow.. but wait.. that would involve actual work...

Dragon-88 12-23-2008 01:35 PM

what if you park pass the sign???? will they ticket you that/?? i had to park on the bottom of a hill and was wondering if i passed the sign because it was to much snow would i get ticketed?

sho_bc 12-23-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6186110)
You'll get ticketed if caught.

Why ask? You know it is illegal.. Doesn't really matter what the circumstances are in this particular case.

You could shovel out the snow.. but wait.. that would involve actual work...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon-88 (Post 6188441)
what if you park pass the sign???? will they ticket you that/?? i had to park on the bottom of a hill and was wondering if i passed the sign because it was to much snow would i get ticketed?

See comment above. In most cases, the signs prohibit parking for safety reasons. Being parked past the sign would therefore be a safety concern.

Dragon-88 12-23-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 6188576)
See comment above. In most cases, the signs prohibit parking for safety reasons. Being parked past the sign would therefore be a safety concern.

Wouldnt it be a safety concern to have parking properly plowed so that people can park in the normal spot.... Imagine trying to park downhilll @ the very last spot @ the bottom and trying to back into that parking spot with a mound of snow that is 1 foot high.... Unless u had 4x4 it would be impossible to back up on a hill with that much snow, which is what my situation is. But I mean i work infront of a bus stop and ppl park in the bus stop all the time (hastings street,bby) Ive only seen the ticket person come by 2 times to ticket ppl. I'm guessing they will be pretty leinent on this matter cause its soo damn hard to parallel park on a bunch of snow thats packed 1foot hight.

CRS 12-23-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon-88 (Post 6188605)
Wouldnt it be a safety concern to have parking properly plowed so that people can park in the normal spot.... Imagine trying to park downhilll @ the very last spot @ the bottom and trying to back into that parking spot with a mound of snow that is 1 foot high.... Unless u had 4x4 it would be impossible to back up on a hill with that much snow, which is what my situation is. But I mean i work infront of a bus stop and ppl park in the bus stop all the time (hastings street,bby) Ive only seen the ticket person come by 2 times to ticket ppl. I'm guessing they will be pretty leinent on this matter cause its soo damn hard to parallel park on a bunch of snow thats packed 1foot hight.

Ugh.. I could've sworn I already said... SHOVEL THE SNOW.

If you want park in your "normal" spot, it isn't up to the city to make it clear for you. Do it your damn self and stop being so lazy.

skidmark 12-23-2008 04:57 PM

I would worry about a tow truck rather than a ticket (or both). Vehicles obstructing snow removal can be towed without notice.

ninjatune 12-24-2008 12:48 AM

Just because it snows doesn't mean that the parking laws cease until the snow melts. I can see extra discretion being used by enforcement officers, however I've noticed that many people are parking in a manner that blocks part of the roadway. This is annoying....

If your vehicle isn't equipped then you should have left it in your driveway.

Some guy was stuck in front of my place last night at 2am making a bunch of noise trying to get out. He was driving a Saturn with plain old all season tires. I ended up getting dressed, going outside and digging him out. He didn't have a shovel and wasn't prepared in any way.

STAY HOME!

zulutango 12-24-2008 08:31 AM

I would also worry about parking my car with no red rear reflectors being visible after dark.

4drviper 01-05-2009 10:52 PM

I parked facing th opposite direction tonight. I have got the car stuck 3 times now trying to get turned around on my street and I say the hell with it now.

I think it would be worst for me to get stuck again and just leave the car in the middle of the road. I do have snow tires on the car too but that doesn't help when there is 6-8 inches of wet snow on the ground that can leave me hung up on top of the snow.

Gumby 01-06-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatune (Post 6189417)
Just because it snows doesn't mean that the parking laws cease until the snow melts. I can see extra discretion being used by enforcement officers, however I've noticed that many people are parking in a manner that blocks part of the roadway. This is annoying....

No kidding. Why would you leave you car in a position where it could be easily hit? Between yesterday and today, I saw 2 parked cars with smashed side mirrors. Luckily only their mirrors got damaged, and not the car body itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatune (Post 6189417)
If your vehicle isn't equipped then you should have left it in your driveway.

Amen. Couldn't have said it better.

I drive a large SUV and always bring a shovel with me, just in case...

Dragon-88 01-06-2009 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=Gumby;6209108]No kidding. Why would you leave you car in a position where it could be easily hit? Between yesterday and today, I saw 2 parked cars with smashed side mirrors. Luckily only their mirrors got damaged, and not the car body itself.QUOTE]

Drive down knight street and look at everyones mirrors 7/10 cars have busted mirrors.....

Dragon-88 01-06-2009 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=Gumby;6209108]No kidding. Why would you leave you car in a position where it could be easily hit? Between yesterday and today, I saw 2 parked cars with smashed side mirrors. Luckily only their mirrors got damaged, and not the car body itself. QUOTE]

Drive down knight street and look at everyones mirrors 7/10 cars have busted mirrors.....