REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/automotive-detailing-car-care-tech_49/)
-   -   mr shine car wash on marine (https://www.revscene.net/forums/558485-mr-shine-car-wash-marine.html)

r6er 12-28-2008 09:35 AM

mr shine car wash on marine

anyone go here and get a full detail? its the mr. shine on marine drive in vancouver...kinda by the a&b sound.

they're saying $150 for full int/ext with wax and engine shampoo...just wondering how good of a job they do cuz thats quite a bit cheaper than other places i've been looking at.

Nvasion 12-28-2008 09:57 AM

my friends dad(i believe its his dad or him) owns that shop.... i have never been there or seen the workers... but id say for 150 its not a bad price... but i say if you owned a higher end car id say avoid it.

racerman88 12-28-2008 10:50 AM

If you want to risk it. I would make sure they use new buckets of soap and water and new rags when they work on your car, let alone any car.

Carl Johnson 12-28-2008 11:35 AM

i wouldn't even worry about keeping the car clean right now, wait until at least spring then maybe do a proper clean. as for 150 bucks to do ext/int detail is a bit inexpensive, but watch out for who's actually working on your car, you dont want some youngins work on it thats for sure.

ps - if you are really despearte, message this guy '911Fanatic' on this board, this guy does great work on cars in lower mainland.

r6er 12-28-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson (Post 6194955)
i wouldn't even worry about keeping the car clean right now, wait until at least spring then maybe do a proper clean. as for 150 bucks to do ext/int detail is a bit inexpensive, but watch out for who's actually working on your car, you dont want some youngins work on it thats for sure.

ps - if you are really despearte, message this guy '911Fanatic' on this board, this guy does great work on cars in lower mainland.

i want to at least get some of the salt off the car now...definately i'll do a proper job in the spring, as i detailed cars for 3 yrs, but i'm just too lazy right now...plus, its too damn cold, i'd rather pay someone to do it. the inside of my car is filthy, and that drives me nuts too. i just dont want to pay $150 for someone to just wash my car...i want at least a decent job done with no scratches.

PB007 01-05-2009 05:57 PM

Took the to Mr. Shine car for a wash and they did a very good job. They spend about 15 minutes washing the car so it isn't fast, but they do a very good job. I'd go back again.

alex.w *// 01-05-2009 08:16 PM

damn didnt realize detailing a car is so expensive

BrendanS 01-05-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex.w *// (Post 6208127)
damn didnt realize detailing a car is so expensive

lol you haven't seen expensive, it's expensive to a person who doesn't know how much effort and time is actually needed to detail a car. $550 for a proper detail with paint correction is cheap. Many hours are needed to detail a car. That and the product being used is always taken into the picture.

fsy82 01-06-2009 10:16 PM

Took my car several times there. They did a very good job. No complaints at all.

Bonka 01-07-2009 05:05 PM

Friends have used this place and I've watched them do their work. They vacuum the interior well and wash decently but I wouldn't go there with expectations. For that price I wonder what and how quickly they will wax your car. If it's to tide you over until the spring go for it.

KO7 01-08-2009 09:04 PM

Do they also put your car up on a hoist and clean the undercarriage too?