REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
So my car just got delvered to my door... SeaRail sucks... I need advice..

SO here's the deal. my car was just dropped off minutes ago by SeaRail.. the car is a 1997 240sx I found in Alberta and had shipped out here.

SO Searail guy dropping the car off at my house tells me that someone left the window down in the car and its a "little" wet inside... well once I finally got inside the car.... it's soaked... I think we all know how much it snowed and rained for the last week while the car was sitting in the SeaRail yard... and you could imagine it's more than a "little" wet. The passenger side window was the one that was down... The car is also filthy on the passenger side of the cockpit as you can imagine.

On top of that, the guy points out a bunch or gravel on the car up about 3/4" in size and tells me its from the snow that melted... as though the gravel was in the snow and once it melted all that remained was the gravel... and lots of it... which leads me to believe they must have piled snow on the car from plowing the parking lot

I Dont think I should really have to pay now considering the car either needs extensive detail work to make sure it doesn't end up smelling like mold. Anybody ever deal with SeaRail on something like that before or any other similar situation?

I think I will just try to find a new seat for the pass side or maybe buy a set of recaros or brides... either way I need to sort it out fast as paying for a rental for every extra day my car is not on the road cause its soaked will suck. If anyone knows of some seats please pm me.... nothing that I have to modify rails though as I still have no tools or workspace in van for the car.

THanks
Advertisement
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
Take lots of pics before you do anything! Contact the seller and see if he/she has photos of the car before it was shipped. Get copies of all the shipping paperwork, especially the damage checklist of the car before it gets shipped. Then contact SeaRail and let us know what happens.
Eff-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Did you purchase any sort of insurance for the delivery?
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

save all your rental's receipt because i think SeaRail should have to pay for it since they are the one causing you all this delay and inconveniences
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

sea rail sux.
Bad customer service and the manager yelled at me on the phone too so i end up calling my CC company to get my money back.
this is what you should do too.
The_admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:26 AM   #6
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Like Eff-1 said, check with the seller to see how the car left them. For all we know the seller could have accidentally left the window open (although even if they did, they wouldn't admit it) and caused the inside to get wet. At that point, I wouldn't blame the shipper (although if they did see it, they could have tried to be a bit more careful about it or closed it for you since they should have the keys to the car.

It's going to be hard to prove, but try to get the facts straight with the seller and shipper as to who left the window open before going after the shipper. If it's the seller that left it open, it would be extremely unfair for the shipper to have to foot the bill for someone else's negligence.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

That truly sucks. I have heard so much poor recommendations and bad rapport with searail, however i still shipped a car with them from Saskatoon to Vancouver this past summer ($700!!! ahhh).

My car actually arrived perfectly. I dropped my car and picked it up from their respective railyards. When i dropped it off, the attendant and I went through the whole car and noted any prior damage. I also took pictures of my car before i sent it with them on the railyard with their attendent to make sure i could cover my ass if any damage occured.

Searail is no stranger to receiving customer complaints. I'd get on them quickly because it's obvious they have something to do with it. It's not like you would leave a windown down, especially in this weather.
StewartJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:28 AM   #8
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Searail

I shipped my car from T.O. to BC several times. One time though, a lot of things went missing (back then, it was PS2, some DVDs) that were in the trunk of the car. They said they weren't responsible for any "lost articles".
89sei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #9
SFICC-05*

Fight with SeaRail for whatever you can, or whatever they'll cover.

In the meanwhile, pull the water damaged parts out and take a steam cleaner to it. You'd be amazed how well you can restore the wet, nasty and moldy parts to with just a steam cleaner (and if need be, some industrial cleaner)!
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Nice car
and good luck to you, that is completely unacceptable.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #11
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Dude, weren't you the one posting about how to ship a car and I specifically warned you against using SeaRail?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:44 PM   #12
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Dude, weren't you the one posting about how to ship a car and I specifically warned you against using SeaRail?
Well to be fair, people have been trained to disregard any of your advice pertaining to automobiles. Skinny jeans.. maybe... cars... no...
97ITR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #13
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ITR View Post
Well to be fair, people have been trained to disregard any of your advice pertaining to automobiles. Skinny jeans.. maybe... cars... no...
Ouch!

I'm glad I read this thread. I will probably be using leasebusters to move a car from out of province and searail is their recommended transport.
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #14

Well I don't know if this should be a strike against SeaRail.. they shipped it cheaper and faster than anyone else... if I would have picked it up as soon as it had arrived everything would be fine... but I paid for delivery... never mind it's the holiday season so in any other case it probably would have been delivered the next day. Sadly it was the ignorance of one person that caused this problem... and idiots are everywhere... not just SeaRail.

FYI I was the person who dropped the car off at SeaRail in Calgary. (Windows were up )

The car is at Blitz Auto Detail in North Van, I called SeaRail claims dept. but the guy is on holidays... I know people who have had similar problems and SeaRail was easy to deal with in their case.

I guess we shall see what happens.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

did you take pictures before sending it away to get cleaned?
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #16

No you could not see the dampness...

I will just get the tow truck driver to confirm and the detail shop will as well.

Never mind the Searail claims dept. was not available to instruct me on proper protocol and if pics were required in a claim.... Im am quite certain I will get it covered My job requires me to be very good at arguing and I tend to get my way ... but you never know.. either way I will update this and it can be good reference for future potential clients of SeaRail.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #17
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
i'd be worried about electrical plugs/components becoming corroded over time, more than i would the seats
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #18

I would be more concerned about the smell of mold from the carpet.

The water was absorbed by the seats/floormats/carpet... the chance that anything electrical being damaged is almost non existent. On top of that electrical connectors and the wiring used in vehicles is built with the expectation that contact with water is inevitable... I'm sure it will be fine.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #19
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

any pics???? thread is worthless without them.
kumbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #20

Pics of what my 240? lol

Sadly dampness doesn't look like anything on dark cloth.

If it would make you feel better I could post some

On a positive note I just picked up some 18x10 +38 and 18x9 +40 gram light 57pro wheels tonight
Old 01-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #21
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Pics of what my 240? lol

Sadly dampness doesn't look like anything on dark cloth.

If it would make you feel better I could post some

On a positive note I just picked up some 18x10 +38 and 18x9 +40 gram light 57pro wheels tonight
nice wheels, but that fitment isnt going to be very great without spacers...
SHIFT_drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #22
Banned By Establishment

Next time you choose to ship something expensive, take pictures BEFORE you ship it out.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #23

I do have pics from before it was shipped

I think the wheels will fit well with stock body and no rolling, I don't want to have to roll fenders. 10" is wide enough for the rears... But I would like to know why you feel that way, I'm in no way an offset guru so any input is valuable to me.

Jason
Old 01-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

CivicTypeRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #25
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Post Some Fucking Pictures
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote