REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #76
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

i put a small bet on cavs for the moneyline, theyve been pretty good lately with 2 road wins, aslong as king james rips it up it'll be all good
Advertisement
Anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #77
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I put a small bet on cle today too =(
CT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #78

i didnt lose thought, i had san antonio with the over +1.5 and had to take sanjose over the coyotes lol :P
Old 01-30-2009, 07:19 AM   #79
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I skipped Clev last night after some thought and just played it safe:
Franjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #80

^ good call on the NJ game, overtime win haha
Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #81
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I should start betting. I'm pretty good when it comes to hockey and basketball games
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #82
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

What you guys think about these pics? Any basketball peeps in here?

Bos@Det = BOS
Was@Phi = PHI
LaC@Cle = CLE
LaL@Min = LAL
Cha@Den = DEN
GSW@NOH = NOH

20 bucks wins you 90....
I think the first 4 are a lock...last 2 I'm skeptical..might just go with the first four..
MR_BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #83
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

^ nothing is a locked for Sporstaction BBall because of that gay 5 pt tie rule. I remember I had a 700 dollar ticket riding on a Mavs win against the lowly Twolves and they fucking tie. That's why I play point spread or Moneyline now.. I just checked on sportsinteraction, if you play ML on those teams with your bet, you win about 30 bux less. Well worth it, if you ask me.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #84
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I don't know man, if you just go with your first 4, you only win 68 something bux.. and you are already betting 20.

If I was to bet.. just bet on 3 games and gamble., i'd pick boston over detroit....milwaukee bucks over toronto, charlotte over Denver..

If you bet 10 bucks on this with oddset, you win 378$$.. Charlotte is playing great lately... Hell, bet 5 bucks on it and you win 189!... but if you really want to gamble, I say add Clippers over Cavs...they will come out of this game on fire after being embarassed on their last one.

Edit... actualy, i'd play the lakers over minnesota than boston over detroit... same odds but lakers play a much weaker team
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #85

For oddsets, no need to play big $$ as the point is to mix it up with favorites/underdog.. if you bet 5 bucks on those 4 games I mentioned, you can win 1700+... don't forget to tip me
Old 01-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobysnax View Post
^ nothing is a locked for Sporstaction BBall because of that gay 5 pt tie rule. I remember I had a 700 dollar ticket riding on a Mavs win against the lowly Twolves and they fucking tie. That's why I play point spread or Moneyline now.. I just checked on sportsinteraction, if you play ML on those teams with your bet, you win about 30 bux less. Well worth it, if you ask me.
Would you really bet 20$ to win 60?? might as well buy 649 with your 20.. just my 2 cents
Old 01-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #87

No I hear ya...
Those are small bets...

Bos@Det = BOS = RIP Hamilton ain't playing
Was@Phi = PHI = Wizards have injuries like crazy..and lost their center Wednesday..
LaC@Cle = CLE I will eat David Pratt's shorts if they don't win by 6 or more..
LaL@Min = LAL I hate Kobe - he has burned me so many times $$$ Wise....

I dont' know how much I'm throwing down..but I'm going with these for oddset..
Old 01-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #88
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Would you really bet 20$ to win 60?? might as well buy 649 with your 20.. just my 2 cents
For sports action what I do, is take the winnings from every other small bet I've won, and put that money on more risk tickets. Nothing wrong with betting small to gain some profit and keep in the positives.
Franjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #89

Quote:
I was using his bet as an example. If he's betting so many games with so little odds, chances are one of the games will be less than a 5 pt win. Might as well sacrifice some of those odds for the rewards.

Btw I wouldn't bet the charlotte game, no Wallace = no win especially in Nugg's building..
Old 01-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #90

I agree, but imo.. placing 20 to win 60 isn't good especially on bball as it's tough. This is why I would bet 5 bucks to gamble with riskier picks. For fun, here's my picks todays' bball

Lakers > Minnesota - Kobe wants to win this game after losing to Charlotte
Charlotte> Denver - They are confident... melo isn't 100% either or maybe a doubtful.
Milwaukee > Raptors - Well..Raptors always have a hard time against Redd/Jefferson/Villanueva
Washington> 76ers - This is a toss up and can go either way.. but i'd go for the win.

Put 5 bucks *which is nothing* and you can win 190. or you can add the washington game and if u win them all = 1600 bux! If I get these wrong, don't bother listening to me...if they are all right, i'll kill myself for not betting lol.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #91
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobysnax View Post
yeah i used to be crazy and play parlays back in the day and i found it was a sure way to slowly lose your money. Looking at the final payout is what initially caught my eye but you have to remember that to win you're gonna need all the teams you picked to win. i mean it's hard enough picking one team to win. i mostly bet football and what i do is cap the games throughout the week and pick 2 or 3 games that are as close to locks as they can get and bet between 100 - 500 depending on how strongly i feel about the bet. you'll usually get paid out less than what you put in (betting the spread) but money is money. i was up around 2500 at the end of the season but the crazy upsets in the playoffs brought me back down to around 1800. Not bad for a season's worth of work if you ask me.

if you're gonna bet multiple plays, i would at the very least suggest teasing them to cushion yourself a little bit. hell, there's even a site out there that will let you tease up to 20 points... in football!!

remember, if you're truly in it to make a steady profit, it's a marathon not a race
jas_daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:23 PM   #92
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
I agree, but imo.. placing 20 to win 60 isn't good especially on bball as it's tough. This is why I would bet 5 bucks to gamble with riskier picks. For fun, here's my picks todays' bball

Lakers > Minnesota - Kobe wants to win this game after losing to Charlotte
Charlotte> Denver - They are confident... melo isn't 100% either or maybe a doubtful.
Milwaukee > Raptors - Well..Raptors always have a hard time against Redd/Jefferson/Villanueva
Washington> 76ers - This is a toss up and can go either way.. but i'd go for the win.

Put 5 bucks *which is nothing* and you can win 190. or you can add the washington game and if u win them all = 1600 bux! If I get these wrong, don't bother listening to me...if they are all right, i'll kill myself for not betting lol.
its only 5 bucks
gonna try and see what happens

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #93
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
yea
mix favorites and some underdogs
like on wednesday
Grizz vs thunder
it was 4.00 odds or grizz...thats worth betting on!
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #94

^Yeah those 6 game parlays were fun to begin with, but then I start losing 10-20 each time by missing one game and it kept frustrating the hell out of me. So I'm like you now, just bet 1-2 games that have decent odds and bet big.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #95

Quote:
but if you really want to gamble, I say add Clippers over Cavs...they will come out of this game on fire after being embarassed on their last one.
Wow...I don't want to "Gamble" that will never happen!!

It's 11-0 in that game...I beleive in taking risks...but not being stupid..

Last edited by MR_BIGGS; 01-30-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: They got embarassed for a reason...THEY SUCK...and CAVS haven't lost at home...
Old 01-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #96

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Stupid ass toronto raptors suck shit, can't win anything. *note to self, never pick any canadian team, cuz they absolutely suck in everything*.

Seriously, milwaukee has no redd, their leading scorer, and stupid raptors still can't beat them, WTF.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #97
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i took bos, and LAL tonight, won both

leaning towards utah +9 tomorrow and maybe some over/unders tmr
CT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #98

Quote:
]
but if you really want to gamble, I say add Clippers over Cavs...they will come out of this game on fire after being embarassed on their last one.
sorry this really caught my eye and i had to quote it, that wouldnt be gambling that would be praying, cavs dont lose at home lol, when it does happen thats going to be a BIG payout
Old 01-31-2009, 01:12 AM   #99
Rs has made me the man i am today!

i won on two tickets tonight:

LAL, BOS, and MIL for $56ish

and

LAL, BOS, and CAL (nhl) for $21ish

yay!
sil-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:36 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag View Post
sorry this really caught my eye and i had to quote it, that wouldnt be gambling that would be praying, cavs dont lose at home lol, when it does happen thats going to be a BIG payout

i understand but clippers just got killed a night or 2 before last night and thought they would come out on fire... and I was referring to betting only 5 bucks so it's not much but you win big... of course I won't bet on them if I was betting 20$ but for 5$ and anything can happen in bball.. why the hell not right...=)