REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Reporting Uninsured Vehicles (https://www.revscene.net/forums/558778-reporting-uninsured-vehicles.html)

Lomac 12-30-2008 07:11 PM

Reporting Uninsured Vehicles

How would one go about doing so? I know of an out of province vehicle that's running around my neck of the woods and is without any form of insurance. It's also wanted by a bank/repo due to payments not being met.

Tried searching but didn't come up with anything useful. Would i just call the non-emergency police line?

impactX 12-30-2008 07:38 PM

911 if you see it being driven and non-emergency police line/parking by-law enforcement if you see it parked on public properties.

xpandabl3 12-30-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impactX (Post 6198942)
911 if you see it being driven and non-emergency police line/parking by-law enforcement if you see it parked on public properties.

I actually have something similar but it's a co-worker at work. He is still in the process of taking the N road test but failed more than 4 times now. So he decided to practice driving to work everyday by himself. I feel somewhat uncomfortable to even park beside him. I talked to him personally about it but he doesn't seem to care and think it's ok to do so. Is there anything I can do? :confused:

Five-Oh 12-30-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpandabl3 (Post 6199079)
I actually have something similar but it's a co-worker at work. He is still in the process of taking the N road test but failed more than 4 times now. So he decided to practice driving to work everyday by himself. I feel somewhat uncomfortable to even park beside him. I talked to him personally about it but he doesn't seem to care and think it's ok to do so. Is there anything I can do? :confused:

Just call the police non-emergency line in that jurisdiction and let them know about it. If he has already failed 4 times he would be the last person I would want behind the wheel of a car.

xpandabl3 12-30-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Five-Oh (Post 6199121)
Just call the police non-emergency line in that jurisdiction and let them know about it. If he has already failed 4 times he would be the last person I would want behind the wheel of a car.

Thanks for the speedy reply :) This is actually my first time reporting something like this to the police. What info do I need to report? I'm actually not even sure if the car is owned by the co-worker and he just immigranted here like 2-3 years ago and is renting a room with someone. Thanks.

CRS 12-30-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpandabl3 (Post 6199164)
Thanks for the speedy reply :) This is actually my first time reporting something like this to the police. What info do I need to report? I'm actually not even sure if the car is owned by the co-worker and he just immigranted here like 2-3 years ago and is renting a room with someone. Thanks.

I would have the basics in hand. So the following is probably a good start and is probably more than enough:

1) The car (model, make, year, colour)
2) License plate #
3) His name
4) Your workplace and hours of operation
5) And if it is routine, when he starts work and when he gets off.

Soundy 12-31-2008 12:18 AM

If he is indeed borrowing his roomie's car, the roomie is in for a big shock when his car ends up in the impound!

xpandabl3 12-31-2008 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 6199388)
If he is indeed borrowing his roomie's car, the roomie is in for a big shock when his car ends up in the impound!

Yeah I thought so. Sorry for another dumb question but since I havent made a purchase of a car myself yet, you do require a valid driver's license to be able to insure your vehicle right? let along buying a vehicle? Thanks.

skidmark 12-31-2008 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpandabl3 (Post 6199508)
you do require a valid driver's license to be able to insure your vehicle right? let along buying a vehicle?

No, you only need a valid driver's license to drive a vehicle.

Soundy 12-31-2008 07:17 AM

Of course, getting your new car home may be a problem...