REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Allergies to cats and dust, anyone use any effective medication? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/558892-allergies-cats-dust-anyone-use-any-effective-medication.html)

LeanNsupreme 01-01-2009 12:31 AM

Allergies to cats and dust, anyone use any effective medication?

Just wondering if anyone has Allergies to cats and maybe what do they use to live more comfortably? cause i'm miserable all the time, symptoms are sneezing, itchy nose, runny nose all the time sort of, and i guess hayfever? and it's not like i can just get rid of this cat, at least at this moment, btw, before any says "WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO SEE A DOCTOR" that is the next step after this.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time! 01-01-2009 02:36 PM

i have allergies to cats.. i end up playin with them anyways.. i have the same symptoms but worse, if it gets anywhere near my eyes they get itchy and swollen

i just take the over the counter allergy medication (claritin) and it's already enough for me, i was exposed to them quite often for a period of time and have started to develop a little bit of an immunity to them, the symptoms aren't as strong as they were before hand.

!SG 01-02-2009 11:38 AM

take an antihistamin aka allergy pill. take it daily.

buy an air purifier. hydrate the air. if u got carpets look into investing into a hepa filter vacuum. if u got hardwood floors, just keep them clean and often. i use thos wet swiffers and its a life saver.

BNR32_Coupe 01-02-2009 01:29 PM

This chick doesn't give much advice with coping with cat allergies but she still loves cats. She babysits them actually, and instead of developing an immunity to cats, her symptoms get worse every year.
[youtube]k2foRR4xL0w[/youtube]

LeanNsupreme 01-02-2009 02:17 PM

Good advice, from what i havde learned, it is a Protein in their saliva that is what makes people alergic, and when they clean them self is becomes airborn, and is NOT from thier pet hair alone.

MERXUS 01-02-2009 07:04 PM

you have to get rid of your cat--otherwise your life will be hell...my dad developed astma and cronic stuffed nose-- he just had surgery after 20 years and still he is fucked up.. GET RID OF YOUR ANIMALS---trust me someone will save them--adopt human

LeanNsupreme 01-03-2009 01:59 PM

OK, i just flushed him down the toilet.

MERXUS 01-04-2009 01:31 AM

lol u re hilarious lol

btw drinking and driving !!? isnt that old skool now? -- i thought since cops do it its ok:)
jk

All9Terr 01-04-2009 06:29 PM

LOL I use Claritin when it does get really bad

Truenosan 01-18-2009 01:42 AM

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...6/210hitch.jpg

Denny 01-18-2009 04:56 PM

Really the best thing for you to do is to give your cat to someone. But if doing that will make you crying and depressed, then you can just take medication instead.

Also get an air purifier with HEPA filter. Best ones are IQ Air ($700+) or you can get Sharp Plasmaclusters when they're on sale. The Sharp Plasmaclusters are good value because they're 50% off when on sale. I recently bought a $400 Sharp Plasmacluster with humidifier for $200 at Sears. Futureshop also has them on sale for 50% off about once a year.

One air purifier is usually only good enough for one room. I recommend getting one for your room and one for the living area.

I have an IQ Air GC Series for the main floor, Sharp Plasmacluster on the top floor, and one in my room. Probably spent $2000 for all of them but my whole family doesn't suffer from hayfevers anymore. I also found that my immune system is better because I can walk into a flower shop and come out without getting puffy eyes. When someone is sick, we turn on the Plasmacluster feature to prevent germs from spreading to others.

Air purifiers are good for your overall health and it'll get rid of the odour so many people have in their room.

B4N M3 01-20-2009 05:34 PM

I used to take the generic Safeway-brand knock-off Benadryl tablets...they're pink...worked well enough...now I'm just too lazy and deal with it lol

2blunt 01-21-2009 09:10 AM

dayumm do all those apply to dogs as well?