REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   03 G35 suspension (https://www.revscene.net/forums/559301-03-g35-suspension.html)

Nihk_lo 01-04-2009 11:00 PM

03 G35 suspension

I recently just picked up an 03 G35 coupe. I want to get a suspension for it and I don't know what kind to get. Suspension is one of the hardest things to pick out. I want just lower it without a hard ride. I have been looking at the Tien base coil over kit. Any thoughts?

bcrdukes 01-04-2009 11:22 PM

You don't need coilovers to lower a car. What you need are lowering springs which do what you're looking to do and at a fraction of the cost of coilovers.

There are several brands to choose from:

Eibach
Tien
H&R

These are just some off the top of my head and I'm sure there are tonnes more out there.

Nihk_lo 01-04-2009 11:29 PM

I have lowered my car before with just springs but the ride is to harsh for my liking. Plus i want to raise the car during the winter tire.

bcrdukes 01-04-2009 11:41 PM

I don't think coilovers are going to help your cause but I think KW coilovers might be able to solve that problem. People seem to like them but do some research on them I suppose.

Leopold Stotch 01-06-2009 10:14 AM

if the ride was harsh just changing the springs, how old were the shocks? because if you make old shocks go lower, there's less suspension travel and therefore the rider is harder.

But assuming you have a newer car just changing the springs should be okay.
The shocks for the most part makes the rider softer or bumpier, Coilovers are normally much bumpier because they have higher springrates.

but if you want to raise the car for the winter you don't have much of a choice.
i'd check a more dedicated g35 forum though, you might get better suggestions.

BrendanS 01-06-2009 12:31 PM

check g35driver.com
lots of info there

G-spec 01-06-2009 04:11 PM

yea g35 driver has lots of info, but i got the answer to your question so no need to ransack that forum lookin for answers. If you want your coupe lowered and still a soft ride, then tein s-tech springs is the way to go. They have softer spring rates than stock springs so the ride is noticeably softer and smoother than stock.

When i first got the coupe I hated how stiff the stock suspension was. but knowing it was a heavy car and it was necessary, I then bought tein s-tech springs, installed them and the ride was a lot better than stock, offcourse there was more body roll but I was completely fine with that since I drive normally and dont time attack street corners.

so if you want a perfect stance and drop go with tein S-tech, you sacrifice a little bit of cornering ability but the noticeably smoother ride is worth it since nobody really attacks street corners all out anyway. Upside is they'll only cost you just under $200 shipped. And if you decide to go with coilovers in the future you can always do that, but dont waste money on Tein Basics, not worth it, for coils I suggest BC Racing, they cost about a $1000, it's what I got on right now, they ride like coils worth twice that amount if you read all their reviews everyone agrees.

BrendanS 01-06-2009 04:59 PM

Adon, post pics of your ride!

Take the advice from Adon. He knows what hes doing with Gs. Make sure to keep us updated as well!

Brendan

JackyJai 01-06-2009 05:33 PM

If you just want to lower your car with out a harsh ride you can go for STOCK revised 350Z springs.
RS*R Ti2000 springs are one of the best springs around. They are not too stiff but also improves your handling.
Espelir springs if you want a sportier feel.

But I would rather go for coilover.
I have Greddy Type-S with damper control.
If I am getting springs RS*R Ti2000 and Espelir are the only two I would go for.

Nihk_lo 01-07-2009 04:27 PM

Thanks Guys

Nihk_lo 01-07-2009 04:30 PM

Btw Adon what series did you go with for the coilovers from BC racing

G-spec 01-08-2009 12:11 AM

the newest series, forgot the codename, i think it's the BR series... these ones here

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...andard5vg4.jpg

the reason I suggested Tein S-Tech springs is cuz you said you just need to lower slightly and smooth ride, the Stechs will do the trick, most G owners agree that Stechs are the perfect drop... If you're not planning on adjusting ride height and camber settings all the time like me, then coils are a big waste of money unless you track your car. I personally would have stuck with just springs if I wasn't picky about offsets, camber settings and ride height, those things I change quite constantly so I need access to these adjustments that coilovers offer.

Super Dipper 01-08-2009 12:21 AM

im sitting on the BR series coilovers as well and well worth the price for them. Awesome suspension for the street. coupled to the hotckis sway bars the car feels much sharper without losing any comfort.

BrendanS 01-08-2009 02:58 PM

damn thats clean adon. Looks good, almost thought you had a serengeti sand for a sec. How much were the coils?

VitalAuto 01-16-2009 03:54 PM

Hey nihk did you use to drive a white bmw??