REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Is this lease take over a good deal? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/559423-lease-take-over-good-deal.html)

kobefans 01-05-2009 08:59 PM

Is this lease take over a good deal?

while my gf and I were car hunting , we come across this 08 BMW 128i lease take over. every options included , such as engine start button, automatic and paddle shift, backing radar etc except navigation.

current at 2400km, 32 month left , the guy had 0 down payment. but he paid out the tax and PDI and doc fee etc, which is around 6000 dollars when he drove it off the lot. the monthly payment is 641 tax in.

right now he is offering 4000 dollars incentive as well as paying for lease transfer fee.

is this a good deal ? what you think?

Skyliner 01-05-2009 09:01 PM

why would you need backing radar on that tiny thing??? seems like an ok deal... if you can afford the payments, then why not?

kobefans 01-05-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyliner (Post 6208217)
why would you need backing radar on that tiny thing??? seems like an ok deal... if you can afford the payments, then why not?

well,i dont need it.. the car was originally for that guy's mother.. maybe thats why they put on a backing radar... oh well... my gf could use it, you know...:D

ooops... might post it in the wrong section, mod, please move it to Auto talk if you want to. thanks

Harvey Specter 01-05-2009 09:07 PM

We had a topic on lease take over a couple months ago that might help you so try to search for that thread.

Generally a lease take over is good because you don't have to put a huge down payment and pay all the other fees. It's especially good if you're thinking about leasing a BMW because BMW rapes you with PDI and other fees on top of the down payment. I'm also looking to take over a lease, I had a chance to take over a 335i coupe with payments under $500 for 12 months but I was too late contacting the seller.

kobefans 01-05-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri (Post 6208228)
We had a topic on lease take over a couple months ago that might help you so try to search for that thread.

Generally a lease take over is good because you don't have to put a huge down payment and pay all the other fees. It's especially good if you're thinking about leasing a BMW because BMW rapes you with PDI and other fees on top of the down payment. I'm also looking to take over a lease, I had a chance to take over a 335i coupe with payments under $500 for 12 months but I was too late contacting the seller.

yea, but the down side is that the guy didn't put in any down payment, only paid off the tax and all the PDI and doc fee.

the upside is that he is offering 4k incentive and the car is only 2400 km since that guy's mum went back to China so the car has been parked for 2 month without driving. They are desperate to get rid off the lease ;)

Harvey Specter 01-05-2009 09:39 PM

The owner of the car not putting any down payment makes no difference to you because it's not like you would have got any money back if you returned the car unless he put a security deposit down. I guess the only diff would have been a lower monthly payment with a decent down payment.

Eff-1 01-05-2009 11:19 PM

From what I've read in various ads, the promotional BMW leases only give you 12,000 kms/yr.

kobefans 01-05-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eff-1 (Post 6208451)
From what I've read in various ads, the promotional BMW leases only give you 12,000 kms/yr.

it is actually leased on august 2008, so i dont think it was a promotion deal...

i believe the lease rate is 4.9% or something

Meowjin 01-06-2009 12:59 AM

If I wasn't leasing anything right now I'd probably take it over.