REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Side effects of the pill for the girl? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/559731-side-effects-pill-girl.html)

6793026 01-08-2009 02:04 PM

i'll give u some insight.

I hate it when a girl wants to take it then go off it cause it does have side effects. Once the 'side effects' cards comes out, i haev to respect them and back on wearing rubbers...
rubbers sucks.

PMS is crazy for some girl. i hate it.

miss_crayon 01-08-2009 02:58 PM

note to all : don't believe everything you hear. if you want to know, it's called pm.

the next person to go off topic is being awarded with points.

vmec 01-08-2009 03:01 PM

Sure YOU hate it but do you honestly think it feels great to be a bitch, emo over nothing, antsy, frusterated, feverish, swollen, bloated, tired, and in pain? Not to mention the other shit that comes along with the above list.

vmec 01-08-2009 03:02 PM

I wrote that before you posted!

Grandmaster TSE 01-08-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6212400)
we're both asian. well ...i think he is. if this is not the case, well..halfers ain't bad. halfers are always hot.

now back to the pill talk. please and thanks.

not always hot
its always the ends of the spectrum for halfers
really good or really bad, no inbetween

yea, if you're on the pill, stay on it
i remember my ex was always on and off it, made it a pain in the ass and she was getting all fucked up

Delish 01-08-2009 05:37 PM

The lower libido is so true. :(
All I can say is that when you go off it, your nipples get sore as hell. The body readjusting from all the hormones that were in the body I guess.
Apparently the weight gain myth isn't even really true; girls just tend to associate the experience of added pounds with taking the pill when it could be a bunch of other things like eating more (and less healthy) food. That's what I think.

The side effects of birth control are also dependent on the type. Many pills contain different levels of hormones, as some women can't handle strong doses etc. It's also used for purposes other than contraception, like having lighter and/or less painful periods, and helping with acne problems.

To the OP, when the girl goes to get the pills, you are usually supposed to discuss things with your doctor or pharmacist. Plus, every box comes with a guide, warnings, side effects etc.

butter_sashimi 01-08-2009 06:33 PM

I was pretty ok with it.

no weight gain or loss
no diff in libido
clearer skin
first month transition had depressive emo swings.
Nothing happened when went off, other than skin went back to normal.

it is heavily advised not to go on it if you are 30+ and smoke and/or have a family history of clots

BeeBeeAhn 01-08-2009 08:07 PM

When i went on the pill a few months ago, the doctor ordered a blood test and ultrasound for me. I'm not quite sure if this is for all girls or just because my hormones are ridiculous and i normally get my period about once every 3 months.

but the doctor does discuss all questions with you. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I think i need to change pills cuz i really don't think my gigantic moodswings are a good side effect. However, the pill did get rid of my normally insane cramps and regulated my period.

And, i wanted to go on the pill myself. I don't want to be squeezing out kids just yet. even if they will be halfers if they pop out at this point. I also wanted to regulate my period and try to lessen the cramps i had before.

ah_cat 01-08-2009 08:28 PM

a bit off-topic, but young HS girls are taking pills just to make their boobs grow.
well, that's what i heard about some girls from my HS back in the hayday.
tsk tsk.

Milhouse 01-08-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ah_cat (Post 6213631)
a bit off-topic, but young HS girls are taking pills just to make their boobs grow.
well, that's what i heard about some girls from my HS back in the hayday.
tsk tsk.

I'm guessing a lot more HS girls nowadays are taking pills compared to 5 years ago

XtC_13aBy 01-08-2009 09:12 PM

* Nausea
* Weight gain
* Sore or swollen breasts
* Small amount of blood, or spotting, between periods
* Lighter periods
* Mood changes
Source: WebMD

ijoined 01-08-2009 11:38 PM

will taking pills have an effect later on when you actually want to have a baby? will it make it harder?

cherrie 01-09-2009 12:52 AM

There's no effect on getting a baby later on.

I've had no side effects on the pill. It made my skin pimple free though :D

Orion 01-09-2009 08:29 AM

will the pill work for guys to clear up their skin too lol

Alphamale 01-09-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion (Post 6214330)
will the pill work for guys to clear up their skin too lol

If you want to grow boobs, a wider waist, and get some badonkadonk at the same time, yes, the pill will do you wonders!

Mr.HappySilp 01-09-2009 12:20 PM

What happens when a guy takes the pill.

Grandmaster TSE 01-09-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 6214623)
What happens when a guy takes the pill.

retire your dick and become a woman

buttered corn 01-09-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmec (Post 6212654)
That fucking sucks... but seriously... these days almost anything will incresase risk of cancer. Don't talk on the mobile too long it increases your risk of cancer!

the pill will slightly increase the risk of breast cancer, because its more progesterone and estrogen. This is very slight (if at all).

The only problem i would think, is if you have a estrogen dependent breast cancer ALREADY. Then it will make it worse.

vmec 01-09-2009 11:58 PM

^ Well really, the pill makes me no worse off than I already am. I'm sure everything I do increases the risk of cancer.

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-10-2009 05:48 AM

haha living on earth is carcinogenic.

Inaii 01-10-2009 06:22 AM

This is why I like the patch. Only need to remember once a week and I rarely experience side effects that are negative.

Nvasion 01-10-2009 09:13 AM

you grow boobies.

BoneThug 01-10-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvasion (Post 6215928)
you grow boobies.

mmm boobies. maybe thats what they are putting in the drinking water of most highschools.....actually probably not haha.

ds_turtle 01-10-2009 06:25 PM

it all depends on which pill you take and how your body reacts to it.

I've had no change in weight, sex drive is still the same, if not more, face a bit clearer and lighter time of the month. More beneficial and less side effects from the time birth control came about

kanachan 01-12-2009 03:11 AM

Every brand of birth control pill has a different level of estrogen mix in it.

Aleese, Yasmin, Tri-cyclen lo etc etc.

There are also 21 and 28 cycle pills. 28 cycle is good for girls who are kinda forgetful, then they just take the sugar pills accordingly.

Side effects: breast size changes depending on estrogen intake, spotting, regulated periods (and pms!), lack of sexual desire (or increase, depends on person), clears skin, gets rid of cramps

When trying out birth control, it's good to try different brands to see what is best for the girl. Usually, whatever doesn't cause spotting is good. Though she should discuss this with a youth clinic nurse.

Personally, I went on the pill willingly, and it's been very good to me :)
Plus, the nurses are fun to talk to, and usually dump dozens of condoms into bags and make you take them home :P