REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Someone using my name on their ID? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/559993-someone-using-my-name-their-id.html)

abinga 01-09-2009 10:09 PM

Someone using my name on their ID?

A friend of mine had called me a while back and asked if I was visiting Nanaimo bc (where I used to live). I was standing in my underground parking garage in Burnaby at the time. He said that he heard over the police scanner that I was pulled over in Nanaimo 5 minutes before hand. My name is very rare and no there are no other duplicates of my name in Nanaimo. So I am just wondering where I can go to check a record of the last time I was pulled over and where. I know the last time I was pulled over and what happened. I just don't want some noob getting tickets under my name.

Berzerker 01-09-2009 10:12 PM

Call the police and tell them your concern. If someone is using your name its fraud and the police will have to take action against that person. If you alert the police that someone is doing this be prepared to deal with heightened security checks when you do get pulled over or talked to by police.

Berz out.

zulutango 01-10-2009 06:02 AM

"Personation" is an indictable offense and the penalty is 7 years in jail. Contact the Police immediately and tell them what you know. Identity theft is a pain that takes almost forever to go away. Even if you are exonerated there are records and consequences that are horrible to remove. Whoever is personating you is likely to be somebody who has already stolen your identity, a very close friend,or a family member. They need to know stuff like your date of birth, DL code word, address & phone number etc. In my experience it has never been the first situation but always former very close buddies, room mates etc and specially family members. Ask yourself who would know that personal information.

abinga 01-10-2009 09:44 AM

Thanks for the information guys, I appreciate the quick responses.

stutterr 01-10-2009 06:59 PM

what is a DL code word?

I was never asked to give a code word? Is it only if you request it?

LongDongSilver 01-10-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stutterr (Post 6216626)
what is a DL code word?

I was never asked to give a code word? Is it only if you request it?

You have been, you're just an idiot.

You need it when you do anything to your DL information, book a road test or replace your license.

sho_bc 01-10-2009 07:17 PM

It is generally your mother's maiden name. It is one of the boxes that you fill out when you first get your licence.

Eff-1 01-10-2009 08:00 PM

How long ago was this? Reason I ask is that about six weeks ago Nanaimo RCMP switched to a digital radio system that's encrypted. So it would have been impossible for your friend to hear anything over a scanner.

Jon_39 01-17-2009 11:21 PM

Yeah my first thoughts were what was the rest of the convo like; did he revert the Convo to like asking for money or something... Sounds like a good opener to do to someone you havnt talked to in a while