REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Okanagan Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/okanagan-off-topic_175/)
-   -   Need a good barber in Kamloops (https://www.revscene.net/forums/560482-need-good-barber-kamloops.html)

BoneThug 01-13-2009 03:08 PM

Need a good barber in Kamloops

Where am I going?

BoneThug 01-14-2009 10:07 AM

well its def not first choice hair cutters. absolutley horrible.

No mom, I'm not watching bukake movies again 01-14-2009 10:15 AM

There is a really good one in Valleyview. It's out by highland drive and convergys.

saucywoman 01-14-2009 12:08 PM

my hairdresser and her sister just bought Central Hair. It's located on 8th street on the North Shore right beside the safeway gas station in that little strip mall.

BoneThug 01-14-2009 01:33 PM

this is going to sound weird but do you think they know how to style a black persons hair? I went and asked for a caeser and the poor girl i had looked at me for a good 5 mins like she didnt know where to start. cut it for literally 2 mins and said she was done. i asked her to line up the top at least and she had no clue as to what i meant. i tried to be like, "you know, kanye, jaime fox that kind of thing. she messed up the front and then charged me 15$. i was pretty pissed off.

im less mad that she didnt know what she was doing then at her just admitting that she didnt know where to start with my hair. i trusted her and she massacred me

saucywoman 01-14-2009 05:55 PM

you can always call and ask, I'm sorry I don't know. You could always call and ask for Donna, she is my hairstylist and my moms best friend so I trust her completely. I think my mom said her sis has won awards at vegas competition, but I could be completely wrong, so she may be knowledgable in styling black hair if she's worked with different styles.

BoneThug 01-14-2009 07:24 PM

thanks so much for the help. I will call and ask for her when my hair grows back (had to shave it all off).

RRxtar 01-14-2009 08:36 PM

i dont want this to have any ratial overtones, its just a funny statement.

the second last time i got my hair cut, a black lady did it. i said "just clean up the sides and back and dont take too much off the top." i think she gave me a caeser. :D i too had to go home and fix it and wait a month and a half for it to grow back.

BoneThug 01-15-2009 10:34 AM

not at all. different people are just use to different things. my stylist just got thrown off by my hair being so short to begin with, but over an inch of hair is waaay to long for me. with the clippers though, the attachements dont really go lower then that, so she didnt know how to make it short at the top and thick in the back. or even make it look good at all. she just wasnt trained i guess. im not mad at her for that. i just wish she would have admitted that she didnt know what she was doing.

hondalsvtec 01-22-2009 08:36 PM

Chatters sALON. In sahali, by winners JYSK

BoneThug 01-23-2009 02:20 PM

i'll check that place out too, thank you

delSol97 01-23-2009 09:29 PM

Electric clippers, 5 mins in front of the mirror once every couple weeks, FREE!

ScizzMoney 01-26-2009 08:18 PM

I have lived here for over 10 years now and have not found a place that can cut mens hair to my liking. I just buzz my head now, and even that hasn't been done properly. In 2007 I had my hair done probably 35-40 times. I went to the couple places in the mall, three downtown ones (I don't remember names), the place beside little caesar's in sahali, a little shop in westsyde, the little barber shop by convergys, place by falcon bowling lane area, first choice (worst one I went to) etc. etc. I've been all over and none of them can even do a buzz cut right. I ALWAYS have to fix it at home for like 15 minutes.

I went to Abbotsford for a wedding last year and got my hair done in Chilliwack by some old dude at the haircut place in the walmart mall there. Was the best job anyone has done on my hair, ever. Everytime I'm in chilliwack I go back there. I have family there so I'm there 2-3 times a month. Trust me man, for us minorities, our hair grows kinda fucked up for the average person to cut our hair. If you find someone here in the Loops let me know where.

BoneThug 01-26-2009 08:44 PM

i've been buzzing my hair for a couple years now and im just trying to grow my style up. it was my 20-22 years old hair cut for awhile and I just want something fresh. i just also dont want it to look like ass. i'll probably give it a few more tries before i give it another shot.

saucywoman 01-27-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScizzMoney (Post 6247316)
Trust me man, for us minorities, our hair grows kinda fucked up for the average person to cut our hair. If you find someone here in the Loops let me know where.

I thought you were white :confused: