REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

so....How *unimportant* is the quality of a man's car anways?

I know that all the ladies say it doesn't matter if a guy drives a shitbox, but what do they think of all the guys who drive the proverbial "tuner car", aka rice rocket? Or cars that are literally falling apart, and void of interior panels. A lot of modified cars on the street are pretty bearable to ride in. The exhaust isn't too loud, and the car is riding on simple shocks/springs which doesn't really affect the ride comfort.

My car on the other hand is pretty extreme. It's loud as fuck and the suspension is titty bouncing stiff. I love my car and it drives exactly the way I want it to. Whenever I have a girl in the car, I usually warn them ahead of time. They say it's ok, but their face tells a different story. There have been instances in the past, where it was a deal breaker for me. Normally, I wouldn't give a fuck (and I haven't been), but lately I've started to wonder if I should maybe tone my car down a bit or possibly get a second car or steal my bro's car when going on dates or heading downtown for a night out. I am even thinking of getting rid of my ride in favor of normal commuter tranportation!

REVscene being a car board, what members have gone through this? I know many and most ppl have opted to just sell off their finely tuned rides and move to normal (read: mundane) modes of transportation. Ultimately, that's not me. I would prefer to show people upfront who I am, and what I'm about.

And as usual, ladies can throw in their two cents.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
This title intentionally left blank MOD

If your car doesn't have room enough to have sex in, that's usually an issue.

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

different girls care about different things. where i live now, girls could less about my car....cause its not a lifted truck, so its nothing. most girls dont know cars so they dont know 'why' you car rides like shit, even its cause of a really sweet expensive suspension, they just know that it rattles their teeth like crazy. obviously they're not going to like riding in something uncomfortable. doesnt mean they wont though.

me id never change my car for a girl. its my favorite toy. most id do is turn the system down so we can talk.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
I think girls view how you treat your car as a sign of how you would treat her. Keep it clean at the very least.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #5

^ gutted rear interior, fold down seats. but that cusco rear strut bar might get in the way.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

if you can't hear what the girl is saying then that would be a problem... (loud exhaust)
blackjack101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #7
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
I think girls view how you treat your car as a sign of how you would treat her. Keep it clean at the very least.
i'm going to have to agree. passion is perhaps a good word to describe this. if you're passionate about your car, no matter the style or "coolness" of it, it shows focus and dedication.

plus, the car your drive shouldn't be a deciding factor on whether or not a girl wants to be with you or whatever. it's just a car. the hottest guy could be driving the hottest car in the world, but if he's lame...yeah. good luck.

Last edited by miss_crayon; 01-13-2009 at 10:10 PM.
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

i drive a g37.. and im pretty sure my ex gf hated it, she complained that the doors were heavy... then again she complained about everything
and its stick shift so its not as smooth of a drive as an automatic
she got coffee one time and tried to take a sip right when i shifted and it spilt all over her white jacket... and then just went ape shit on me

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 01-13-2009 at 10:19 PM.
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

If a girl has a problem with your choice in how you tune your car, then i don't think it'll work out in the long run.

As for the condition of the car... If it can sit people, without a funky smell and isn't loud to the point where you can't have a conversation, i think it's fine. Oh and no pests/signs of pests.

So if it's worse than that ^ maybe it'd be a good idea to borrow a car. Remember, what you're doing too. If you're going to a nice dinner, and the girl is all dressed up, no matter how fancy of a dinner it will be. If it's going to ruin her pricy dress, she'll just call a taxi :P

- Aiko
kanachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #10
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
My car is as riced out as you can get. Loud Paint, Loud Exhaust, Loud Stereo, Loud Underglow, Body Kit etc... and I don't give a shit what ANYONE thinks about it. It's my car and I will do with it as I please. However... there are times when it IS a little much ie. going out on a nice classy date. Hard to act suave when your climbing over your door bars and out of a rice rocket. For that purpose we would take my GF's car. Now that I have driven in her RSX-S so much I appreciate a nice comfortable ride (I'm still going to turbo it though )

Berz out.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
i drive a g37.. and im pretty sure my ex gf hated it, she complained that the doors were heavy... then again she complained about everything
and its stick shift so its not as smooth of a drive as an automatic
she got coffee one time and tried to take a sip right when i shifted and it spilt all over her white jacket... and then just went ape shit on me
reply: good, you didn't get it on the car.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:37 PM   #12

my GF always says how i love my car more then her... so im pretty sure she hates my car.. but around xmas time when i couldnt drive my car because it was too low.. i saw her once a week through paying the cab... 40 dollars a night just to see each other... sure makes me reliaze that a relationship without 1 person able to drive is a hard relationship
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #13

and yeah, it's somewhat hard to carry a convo in my car. you need too speak loudly to be heard.

no one likes being seen cruising in a good condition semi "vintage" car? hell, it's old enough to drink/gamble in the USA and older than a lot of RS members too!

edit: thx for the keeping the car clean tip. my car is always a work in progress and sometimes I leave stuff lying around.

Last edited by death_blossom; 01-13-2009 at 10:42 PM.
death_blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #14
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
that's why you need 2 cars! or 1 car and 1 bike
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

it really depends on your age.... and the girl's age.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #16
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
LOL.. okok.. A girl once told me.. depending on your car.. is what type of girl your gonna attract .. for example.. Rice Rockets: high school girls. Sedan, Suv's (mid level prices i mean).. attracts mature girls...Baller rides (Mercedes E55, BMW M6 ..) attracts the material fake implanted boob type chicks.. passion for ur car is one thing.. thats good.. cuz it only matters what you think... NOW... if you wanna fix the problem of dates.. then yes.. get another car.. lol.. it doesnt have to be a fancy car.. just a normal 4 door commuter that doesnt make it feel like ur at a D1 competition..
Now personaly i love my car to death.. but i bought a second car for this very reason.. IF you didnt tune the shit outta ur car.. then i say its a fair bet that u could keep it as a daily driver.. but from what ur saying with ur situation.. i say get a second car.. Its kinda like having a sports bike.. you can only ride it so much.. If you put alot of heart into your ride.. i say keep it.. But u wanna fix ur issues.. get a second ride..
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #17
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
that's why you need 2 cars! or 1 car and 1 bike
Or two cars and 1 Bike!
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #18
All Day, Err Day Mod

drive a baby blue '92 Tercel with pimped out Mario plushies galore and as long as it gets me from point A to point B, she's fine, and i'm fine.

except that in the snow, i just drive my mom's 4runner + snowtires FTW.

although having a better mid-end car would be a bonus, nonetheless. I can barely do 50 while going uphill on boundary ahaaha

Feedback of 40-0-0

-kT: "No man get a ruler and look, 12cm is long!"
Nintensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:32 AM   #19
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
haha i drove a '95 toyota tercel, it's kind of a pos but not that bad. and yeah it's true as long as you can get from point a to b, it should be fine. plus, it beats riding transit
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:40 AM   #20
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
one of my friends used to drive a Ford Tempo...like 1983 with rusting rear 1/4 panels and fucked up suspension...he picks up some of the great looking chicks in town.

it's weird, but those chicks didn't care, cause he knows how to talk
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #21
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Tastefully modified cars are cool.
Ricemobiles make me laugh at you.
Performance cars are cool- for performance.

My boyfriend has a lowered, stiff-ass, loud, gutted, no sound system, performance car. I love it, on the track. Fun to drive? Yes. Comfortable? No. Which is why we have a daily commuter.

If your car is a toy, play with it. But have an alternative if you or your girl doesn't want to play with it the same way.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #22
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
My car is as riced out as you can get. Loud Paint, Loud Exhaust, Loud Stereo, Loud Underglow, Body Kit etc... and I don't give a shit what ANYONE thinks about it. It's my car and I will do with it as I please. However... there are times when it IS a little much ie. going out on a nice classy date. Hard to act suave when your climbing over your door bars and out of a rice rocket. For that purpose we would take my GF's car. Now that I have driven in her RSX-S so much I appreciate a nice comfortable ride (I'm still going to turbo it though )

Berz out.
do you really rock neons under your car?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #23
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

my car is stiff and loud. cant really talk while driving. as for OPs shifting problem.. my shifting is so smooth u wont even feel it. u need more practice!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #24
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
do you really rock neons under your car?
*Tastefully is key*

But neons... not so much.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #25
RS controls my life!

If they are that stuck up that they care what I drive, then they don't have to get in and can fuck off, simple as that. I don't want anything to do with a girl that stuck up.
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote