REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #26
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Another interesting point in a post was "What if he says no?" I had never thought of that haha. Wouldn't THAT be a kick in the balls. I like that idea about telling the mom first... however I think her mom would keep it a secret until I asked just to be mean to me
Maybe not a "No." But what if they start to grill you. Like:

How much money do you make?
How will you provide for their daughter, new family?
Where will you live? Will you be in an apt for the next 5 yrs or in a brand new home?
Are you going to be at the same job 5 yrs from now, or do you have plans to progress? If so, what are they?

Haha, did you prepare for that?

j/k. Good luck dude, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #27
Ricer Mod

Thanked 4,675 Times in 1,352 Posts
^^^ All that stuff has already been discussed.

Her father bought her sister and husband a house so that issue isn't an issue. That offer has been put on the table already. They are very family oriented so offspring is well taken care of by her parents I'll post up the results after the deed is done lol.... or you can read all about it in my obituary haha.

Berz out.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #28
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
^^^ All that stuff has already been discussed.

Her father bought her sister and husband a house so that issue isn't an issue. That offer has been put on the table already. They are very family oriented so offspring is well taken care of by her parents I'll post up the results after the deed is done lol.... or you can read all about it in my obituary haha.

Berz out.
Dude, sounds like the parents are expecting it already too. Seems like they're just expecting a Permission not for permission's sake but just as a form of formality.

The light is green
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #29
God of Unce

Bust out the alcohol i guess?
Armind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #30
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 2,280 Times in 827 Posts
I think you should just show up at her house when just her parents are home. Tell them you want to show them something before I give it to "daughers name". Show them the ring and her mom will probably say something like, "is that what I think it is?" You give her a shit eating grin, knod and say Berz Out. I'm sure it will be fine don't even sweat it and after it's over the weight will be lifted.

If you're excited about it and you've been together for some time then I'm sure they'll be happy for the both of you. If they didn't like you I'm sure you would have already heard about it so no worries.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 01-21-2009 at 10:19 PM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #31
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
yah did

got punched in the ear.....
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #32
Retired moderator

Quote:
Yea that's a good point in several posts.. is it really asking permission or more like giving a heads up and manning up and bonding with the soon to be father in law. As for Care, she knows it's coming but not when or where

Another interesting point in a post was "What if he says no?" I had never thought of that haha. Wouldn't THAT be a kick in the balls. I like that idea about telling the mom first... however I think her mom would keep it a secret until I asked just to be mean to me

Her family loves me so I'm sure it's not going to be an issue but that still doesn't make it less nerve racking.

Berz out.

But I mean come on! That totally ruins it now because she knows you're going to ask for permission soon so she'll be anticipating it. You have to hit her when she least expects it and PLEASE don't do it on Valentine's Day or I will personally go shoot you for being so unoriginal about it.

By the way...can I be the flower girl? I have the height for it!

btw. You can always just knock her up and then do the "SURPRISE, you're going to be Grandparents!" when she's almost due and they'll be too distracted by the new baby to want to kill you...yet.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #33
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Just do it. It's going to be a great bonding moment. If he drinks scotch or whisky or something, buy him a bottle, have a drink or two and just tell him honestly how much you respect him and how much you care for his daughter, and that you wouldn't want to ask her for her hand in marriage without getting his permission first.

If you're genuine and he likes you, it'll go great and be a good way to start up a father-son relationship.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #34
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 1,909 Times in 772 Posts
berz-out and care .. are an item?

are we getting invited to your wedding for this advise?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #35
Ricer Mod

RS wedding? lol I know how that would go... 100 invites and people saying they will show... then when its time only 2 people show up lol.

Berz out.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,938 Times in 765 Posts
if i had a relationship with them (i.e could even speak the same language as them), then yes, i'd ask

but i can't, so wouldn't - i'd say won't, but that would imply i plan on getting married, which honestly, i never will plan on - but i may grow up one day (no difference emotionally, legally, or financially between common law and legally married, so means 0 to me when >50% marriages break up)

good luck, though
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:04 AM   #37
JLC
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I was at my then girlfriends house (now fiancee obviously), and while she was upstairs in her room, and I told her I was going to go downstairs to get some water (hoping her parents were around) and it just so happened as I was going down to the main floor, her mom was also going down and her dad was coming from the basement...so timing wise, worked out..

I asked them to head over to the living room to sit down as I had something to ask them...let them know how much I love their daughter, and asked for their blessing as I was planning on proposing during our trip in hawaii...they were both very happy and gave their blessing..

simple as that..

Just ask...I dont know what there is to be afraid of...unless you dont really know their parents...

In my case, she's extremely close with her family so I knew her parents very well over the 5 years previous...
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:26 AM   #38
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
Quote:
^^^ That's the same with me... However it is an awkward situation is it not? The other thing I have to approach with her father is the ring situation. He is a mining lawyer and has a very good friend who gets great deals on large stones. So its been suggested to me that I ask her father about this when I ask permission (by Care's Brother in Law) I'm already getting stressed out!.

Do you think the tradition of asking permission to marry will last more than another generation? Is it a timeless tradition?

Berz out.
i would. i think the next gen would as well. I think it's just the right thing to do, whether or not you accept the father's choice is another story though :P

it's more of a respect thing.

Quote:
RS wedding? lol I know how that would go... 100 invites and people saying they will show... then when its time only 2 people show up lol.

Berz out.
LOL I'D SHOW UP! it would be an RS first hah. gotta participate man!
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:29 AM   #39
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,408 Times in 668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
berz-out and care .. are an item?

are we getting invited to your wedding for this advise?
O.o they have been for a while now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #40
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
O.o they have been for a while now....

I was the first person to message her when she signed on to RS... It was love at first PM

Berz out.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #41
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
Quote:

Berz out.
Hahaha RS meet at Berz & Care's wedding!

If I say I'd show up, I would. People that pull a "no-show" at weddings - that's just disrespectful.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #42
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

since i'm a goof, i'll have to have something funny in the way i ask
probably get the ring and then go to the father, go on one knee, and ask "will you be my father in law"
but thats just me

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #43
Ricer Mod

haha Hey thats pretty good

Berz out.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #44
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
haha Hey thats pretty good

Berz out.
should use it, HAHA

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #45
VLS Pet Forum Mod

well as much as it nerve racking, I applaud any guy that would out of respect talk to their soon to be father in law. Good luck, and if they like you then you really have nothing to worry about.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #46
i like gifs

Thanked 6,737 Times in 2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE View Post
since i'm a goof, i'll have to have something funny in the way i ask
probably get the ring and then go to the father, go on one knee, and ask "will you be my father in law"
but thats just me
its all fun and games until he gives you a wink, blows you a kiss and tells you to meet him around back.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #47
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

it's a sign of respect

FS www.list4all.com/racerboy88
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote