REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 03-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #51
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

ok for the people wondering the differance in a cheap cut and a more exspensive cut ...

10-25 bucks no wash no style and use the clippers and generally getting someone that is right out of school or someone that works from home with no experiance

getting up in the 30-50 range you get a higher end salon good drinks mags and service.. awsome scalp massage scissor over comb rather then clippers.. in most cases .. and if your paying 40-50 bucks and somone wants to use a clipper walk out lol not worth your money . scissor over comb is much more persice and will do a better job of shaping the cut to your dome ...

plus you get to say you get your hair done at (whatever shop it is) kinda like shopping at winners and shopping on robson ...

i know 1 guy said something about the crue cut that going to the high end salon he always got a bad job done ... well because thats not what we do in a highend salon best off going to your local ghetto barber for something like that because that is what they do ALL day long

for the guy that said he had been growing his hair out for a month so far .. wait 1 more month then go in for a cut and just ask for the sides to get textured.. but dont let them use the texturizing shears .. if they want to then leave lol
Advertisement
Deisle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #52
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

oh yea PS
tip under 5 and they wont like you
Deisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #53
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu5 View Post
actually, Tim from Markus J recently started working at Rever L'image in richmond, i think hes there sun mon tues
Rever L Image Salon
1466-8388 Capstan Way, Richmond, BC V6X 4A7
Telephone : 604-273-6607
Yup That is true. Tim is working at both salons, so whatever is more convenient to you.

Just mention Revscene for a better deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #54
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

know any places around surrey or maybe like real close to metro, dont have a car, will have to bus.. just looking for a typical asian hair cut.. buzzed side high fade n shit like that.. place with a good price and does a good job.
T.I.A
yousername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #55
Banned By Establishment

Suki's Hair Salon ask for Jannie, got a sweet haircut for $110. They use a tantric oil treatment on your hair that helps you relax and feel good.

206-1030 West Georgia
Vancouver, BC, Canada
V6E 2Y3
WHEYsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:44 AM   #56
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
$110..

holy fuck LOL

for a haircut..? wow..
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:58 AM   #57
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

for those people who spend more then 20 bucks on cutting their hair...lets see some pictures so i can judge if paying more then 20 bucks is worth it.
Sky_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #58
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfived View Post
for those people who spend more then 20 bucks on cutting their hair...lets see some pictures so i can judge if paying more then 20 bucks is worth it.
I think that it is also important to take into consideration if the person who got the haircut is able to style it afterwards on his own to keep it looking good. A haircut may look great on the first day but if the guy doesn't know how to style with wax / gel / clay / etc. then it is a waste
ap0x- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #59
HELP ME PLS!!!

IMO a haircut is only worth over $50 if you can keep for longer than 6 weeks. I cut my ear anywhere from between 2 - 3 weeks, so it would be really deep for me to throw 50 bucks everytime i get my haircut
Old 03-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #60
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Jacks on Cambie. Mitoko is japanese so she's be good for you asians. Cara is white, and I love her, so no one can go to her.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #61
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil's Apprentice View Post
$110..

holy fuck LOL

for a haircut..? wow..
Obvs included spa treatments and other services. I wouldn't pay that much for just a haircut LOL
WHEYsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #62
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Bumping this thread, because I just got the best hair cut I've ever had.

Its difficult to impress me with a hair cut, rarely am I even overly satisfied with the quality even when its done by a high end salon; from this point on however, I will be going exclusively to Kristine at Fusion in Abbotsford. My hair is very difficult to cut as I have multiple cowlicks, which Kristine recognized and paid a great deal of attention too, flowing the cut with my naturally stubborn hair to make it easy for me to style at home. Overall she spent over an hour, including the wash on my hair and only charged $30, not sure if thats a first visit rate or standard. I tipped her $10 and I still think it was a steal. Abbotsford might be a bit out of the way for some of you guys, but if you live in Langley/Surrey/Maple Ridge I would definitely recommend this salon, especially if you already make trip out here for cheap gas.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #63
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
anyone here try the salon at crystal mall on the first floor? its a bit cheaper than most of the japanese hair salons, so im thinking of maybe trying it out..
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #64
I don't get it

Wendys Salon on Rupert and Grandview
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #65
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Impulse Salon on W.Broadway beside MEC
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #66
Banned (ABWS)

Anyone tried Misako before? Did mine in richmond and it was stuffy as hell.. had to get fresh air because i was dying.

33$ for cut and 77$ for colour
dignatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #67
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_2000 View Post
^ this.

I've never paid more than 12 bucks for a haircut.. After you throw some gel on it, who can tell the difference.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #68
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
^ this.

I've never paid more than 12 bucks for a haircut.. After you throw some gel on it, who can tell the difference.
I can tell the difference between a $12 cut and a $30-50 one, especially if you like to wear you hair a bit long, but if your happy with it then great you save a few bucks.

Also, I love it when the stylist washes my hair, the scalp massage feels awesome and you don't get that with cheap cuts.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #69
Need my Daily Fix of RS

sunflower on Granville is pretty good
azn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #70
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
I always go to Zeal in Richmond. Downtown on Robson is good too, but I prefer free parking in Richmond.

My haircut ends up being $40 after tax, and I usually tip 10%. Good scalp massage & shampoo, hot towel, sometimes massage chair on while getting hair washed. (have yet to ask why it's only sometimes) I haven't had a bad haircut there yet. Call in before you go, they get busy.

I haven't really been loyal to any stylists because I call in last minute.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #71
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I can tell the difference between a $12 cut and a $30-50 one, especially if you like to wear you hair a bit long, but if your happy with it then great you save a few bucks.

Also, I love it when the stylist washes my hair, the scalp massage feels awesome and you don't get that with cheap cuts.
Also true. Depends on your hair style. My hair is rarely over 2 inches long so it's really not much of a difference to me.

Don't know if I could justify 2-4 haircuts for the price of 1+scalp massage.. maybe I'll try it next time

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 01-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #72
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
Don't know if I could justify 2-4 haircuts for the price of 1+scalp massage.. maybe I'll try it next time
Most stylists at the salons I've been take the extra time to trim the areas that show length the fastest, like above the ears, a bit shorter than the rest of the cut so you can maximize the amount of time in between cuts. It doesn't make a huge difference, but the cut definitely looks better for longer when you compare it to a clipper cut from great clips.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #73
PJ

^ I wouldn't doubt it. But my haircuts rarely take longer than 5 minutes. Buzz buzz, snip snip, done. lol

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 01-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #74
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deisle View Post
oh yea PS
tip under 5 and they wont like you

Goto the cutting den in cloverdale $5 for the cut and he'll have you out in about 3-4 minutes
superSandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #75
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Oh btw I get my hair cut once every 2 or 3 months. I cut it short and then let it grow until I look like a savage.
Posted via RS Mobile
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: