REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   Place to get Wheels and tires..? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/561520-place-get-wheels-tires.html)

zhijai 01-21-2009 04:31 PM

Place to get Wheels and tires..?

Hey everyone!

I am quite new with modding cars, so yeah got a question.
You guys know any where i can get a set of wheels and snow tires cheap in van? Or any trustworthy online sites?

BrendanS 01-26-2009 09:38 PM

www.tirerack.com

Cheapest method if you're getting rims+tires. Get them to mount + balance (free), then ship it to point roberts (TSB Shipping) and then go over and pick it up.

racerman88 02-07-2009 11:02 AM

locally, volco was always good. If you are still looking for snow tires they are expensive as most stock was sent out to the east coast

sil_fourty 02-07-2009 03:29 PM

What kinda wheels are you looking for?

bui95 02-26-2009 09:35 PM

place on hastings and commercial called "south canada" i think its called? looked around at big o, volco, kaltire and none were cheaper. or should i say inexpensive?

Speed2K 02-27-2009 11:14 AM

You can usually save $$$ buying from the US, but the savings is not as high now b/c of the weaker Canadian $. Locally you can also try Tire Trends, or you could drive over to Discount Tire in Bellingham.

nonyo 03-18-2009 12:16 PM

I had some tires changed over at Volco on Marine Drive. The front end of the car started rattling the next day. I checked the lug nuts. Some of them were only finger tight. One of them they cross-threaded and messed up the lug. Cost me a $100 at Honda to fix.

nonyo 03-18-2009 12:18 PM

I was down at TSB in Point Roberts a few weeks ago. They had lots of tires brought in by Canadians. I think they charge $5 a tire to handle. A fair price, but too bad our exchange is so lousy now.

sil_fourty 03-18-2009 12:23 PM

Dude I knew lug costs like $5-$10 from lordco and you can do it in your garage in like 20 minutes.

Plus why didn't you just take it back to volco and tell them to fix it? I deal with Ricky and others all the time there and theyre all good guys and do good work so if they fucked up I'm pretty sure theyd own up to it.

nonyo 03-18-2009 12:47 PM

Volco quoted me $20 each on the phone to remove a tire off a rim and then mount it on another rim. When I went down there they said that was too low and interrogated me on who I spoke to on the phone. The two guys there gave me a hard time when they had no reason to.
It was my dad's car. He brought it into Honda. The mechanic there said it took forever to remove and that he had to drill out the bad lug. I don't work on cars anymore. I just leave that stuff to the dealer now.

Kilinim 03-18-2009 06:16 PM

If you want cheap, go to NTW in Delta.