REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Harry Rosen

So what do u guys think about the store compared to other high end stores? I personally think that their sales they have are pretty weak and the service at the pacific centre Harry Rosen is pretty poor.Would you guys buy your clothing from Harry rosen or Boys'co or Holts? lets hear your shopping experiences at all those places (good or bad).
Advertisement

Last edited by tru_blue; 01-26-2009 at 12:39 AM.
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Both of the stores have bad service and their selection isn't great. I'd rather go to Holt
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

I saw a Harry Rosen cardigan at the pacific centre store for 998$.... I went to look at it and all the reps rushed to me like I was some baller... I would definately go to Holt Renfrew instead of that store..
BlitzBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
imo u shouldnt really be expecting much from "sales" at any of those stores.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #5

yeah, they're pretty judgemental at harry rosen. if you're dressed like someone with money they offer their service to you, i guess i would honestly do the same shit if i was on commission too.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
HELP ME PLS!!!

I work in retail and i learned not to judge ANYONE, you never know. Sometimes ill help some guy that dresses like a normal guy would buy a lot. I noticed that the people that dress nicer usually don't end up getting anything lol.

I actually quite like the service they have a harry rosen, they really follow up with their customers and their pretty professional about the whole thing. The reason they have such weak sales is because, everything that they don't sell, they just send it back to the original company.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
I would actually have to disagree. I've been shopping at Harry and Holts for years and about 90% of the time I walk into Holts I do not even get a greeting let alone service. At Harry on the other hand 90% of the time I will get a greeting plus service. However, sometimes the service can be a bit too much and crosses the line to over serving you.

My friend works at Holts and way back when she first started working there she was afraid of dealing with rich customers who give attitude. However, that has not been the case at all. It's the co workers that she can't deal with. For whatever reason they are the ones who are acting like rich snobby bitches not the customers which is pretty retarded.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #8
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
i had a good experience when i bought my suit... depends on who you talk to obviously.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I would actually have to disagree. I've been shopping at Harry and Holts for years and about 90% of the time I walk into Holts I do not even get a greeting let alone service. At Harry on the other hand 90% of the time I will get a greeting plus service. However, sometimes the service can be a bit too much and crosses the line to over serving you.

My friend works at Holts and way back when she first started working there she was afraid of dealing with rich customers who give attitude. However, that has not been the case at all. It's the co workers that she can't deal with. For whatever reason they are the ones who are acting like rich snobby bitches not the customers which is pretty retarded.

lol i swear that kind of shit always happens in sales places like that, the people selling the product who can probably barely afford to buy it act like they are the ones coming in and dropping the big bucks

i remember one time a while back i walked into the Sony store in metrotown and this guy gave me a demonstration of a 1080p projection setup "he" had personally setup in the back, he went on and on and i said that it really didnt look that great and there was way too much light in the room to judge it

he like flipped out on me acting like it was in his home and it was his pride and joy, i was like fuck chill bro, i aint buyin shit from you lol
Old 01-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
lol i swear that kind of shit always happens in sales places like that, the people selling the product who can probably barely afford to buy it act like they are the ones coming in and dropping the big bucks

i remember one time a while back i walked into the Sony store in metrotown and this guy gave me a demonstration of a 1080p projection setup "he" had personally setup in the back, he went on and on and i said that it really didnt look that great and there was way too much light in the room to judge it

he like flipped out on me acting like it was in his home and it was his pride and joy, i was like fuck chill bro, i aint buyin shit from you lol
haha I know mang it's mind boggling to me. Get the fuck over yourself fools. Maybe it's because they get a pretty sweet discount on shiet they would have never bought at full regular price and now suddenly they think their ballin out of control because they now wear designer everything including $60 underwear. idiots

Old 01-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #11

thread topic updated ^
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
So what do u guys think about the store compared to other high end stores? I personally think that their sales they have are pretty weak and the service at the pacific centre Harry Rosen is pretty poor.Would you guys buy your clothing from Harry rosen or Boys'co or Holts? lets hear it!!
Boys'Co is my least fav but will still buy there if I see something but only usually when my friends are working.

Harry I like the most but to be honest I don't actually buy here that often for whatever reason.

Holts is my least fav in terms of service but hey it's ok because I have a few friends that work there and I just go find them and get awesome service. I definitely buy from Holts way more often over Boys and Harry.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #13
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xta View Post
I work in retail and i learned not to judge ANYONE, you never know. Sometimes ill help some guy that dresses like a normal guy would buy a lot. I noticed that the people that dress nicer usually don't end up getting anything lol.

I actually quite like the service they have a harry rosen, they really follow up with their customers and their pretty professional about the whole thing. The reason they have such weak sales is because, everything that they don't sell, they just send it back to the original company.
Yeah, I'm one of those. That's because people who dress nicer tend to have the ability to travel, and we realize that Canada is a shitty retail environment for clothes.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #14
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Harry Rosens in Oakridge has good customer service. I usually deal with Rick who’s very friendly and helpful and before Rick I use to deal with Estfone(can’t spell his name) who left and works at Leone’s now.

In general tho I haven't really noticed bad customer service at Harry's or other high end retail stores because I prefer to be left alone and not followed around by some pushy sales rep. The only time I call upon a sales rep is if I need to try something on or need them to check for sizing.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #15
JLC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post

I have to agree with winson...Anytime I go to Harry Rosen, I always get greeted and asked if I need anything...

I was in there back in November during the beginning part of their holiday sale...walked in wearing jeans, hoodie, glasses, hat, north face puffy jacket...totally scrubbed out...I was checking out suits and a lady there started helping me out...she helped me for about 30 minutes from about 8:40 till a good 10 minutes after they closed...I hadn't found what I was looking for so she asked me if I wanted to come back in the afternoon the next day - she offered to put together a few outfits for me the next morning...suit/shirt/tie and have them ready for me when I came in during the afternoon...

When i came in the next day, she had put together 6 different outfits for me to choose from...I dont think I could have asked for any better service.

Its a good thing she didn't judge my appearance cuz I ended up buying a suit shirt and tie - crappy thing is everything I bought was regular price...that kinda sucked lol
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:36 AM   #16
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

i don't like any, Leone is the place to be. everytime i walk in i always get a greeting and ask me if i need anything. most of the time when i happened to walk past by there i just go inside and see what they have and not buy anything but they know that and still they give good quality service. But i do shop there and get w.e looks good.

harry rosen went there, see there prices and service. sucks anus honestly i think leone had better selection and prices IMO. I never get a greeting or ask if i need help. boys co... well i'll only shop there if theres a good deal on kid robot bout it. thats my 2 cents
blackjack101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:54 AM   #17
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Here are my personal favourite sales people:

Harry Rosen Oakridge - Michael Smith. Older British guy. Super friendly and helpful. Lots of knowledge and experience. Won't pressure you to buy. He's already got a good clientele base and he's always up for a chat and coffee.

Holt Renfrew Vancouver - Farhad in the mens tailoring department. Another super friendly guy who will not judge and loves to joke around. Outgoing and helpful and knows his products. Doesn't beat around the bush and always tips you off on when to hold off on buying in case there's a sale coming up. My favourite guy to go to and has been for over 3 years.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #18
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Yeah, I'm one of those. That's because people who dress nicer tend to have the ability to travel, and we realize that Canada is a shitty retail environment for clothes.
Totally agree with this.

Although I think 3xta was talking about people who dress up just to go shopping, in order to make it look like they're designer (and they're the ones who think A/X and D&G are just as good as signature Armani line and Dolce & Gabanna) when they aren't. Ie the girls who make sure to come into holts with their flamboyant lettered LV and Coach bags.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #19
God of Unce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Here are my personal favourite sales people:

Harry Rosen Oakridge - Michael Smith. Older British guy. Super friendly and helpful. Lots of knowledge and experience. Won't pressure you to buy. He's already got a good clientele base and he's always up for a chat and coffee.

Holt Renfrew Vancouver - Farhad in the mens tailoring department. Another super friendly guy who will not judge and loves to joke around. Outgoing and helpful and knows his products. Doesn't beat around the bush and always tips you off on when to hold off on buying in case there's a sale coming up. My favourite guy to go to and has been for over 3 years.
Wow, awesome! I hate places that fuckin' hustle your ass like no tomorrow AKA MEN'S CLUB. That place should seriously close down or something.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
Harry Rosens in Oakridge has good customer service. I usually deal with Rick who’s very friendly and helpful and before Rick I use to deal with Estfone(can’t spell his name) who left and works at Leone’s now.

In general tho I haven't really noticed bad customer service at Harry's or other high end retail stores because I prefer to be left alone and not followed around by some pushy sales rep. The only time I call upon a sales rep is if I need to try something on or need them to check for sizing.
werd. Rick is a good guy

Old 01-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #21
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Sometimes I can't tell if your joking or being for real lol
micbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #22
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,228 Times in 171 Posts
i like harry rosen just fine
they'll follow up to make sure everythings good with your purchase and you can get your stuff modified there for free
Powerslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #23
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Yup, Harry Rosens always follows up.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #24
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5enses View Post
Wow, awesome! I hate places that fuckin' hustle your ass like no tomorrow AKA MEN'S CLUB. That place should seriously close down or something.
Thank you! You're welcome!

Honestly, I've only ever bought from Michael Smith like, twice out of the 4 years I"ve been going there. I haven't bought from him in over 2 years only because nothing at Harry Rosen catches my eye. Michael's still very nice and always willing to chat. I remember walking in there the first time looking like a total chump. Helped me find a blazer and two shirts, measured, explained, and did the follow-up.

To me, that is service. Explaining to me what I'm buying and what I should look for. Educating the customer is important and that's what Michael Smith does. The same goes with Farhad at Holt Renfrew. He'll personally call me on my cell to tip me in on upcoming sales and to hold off on a particular item I'm looking to buy. He'll even put it away for me.

I personally believe that overall, those of you who have had bad encounters at either stores have to loosen up a little and not to over-think things. Just because a sales person doesn't come up to you to ask how you're doing or if you need help doesn't mean they hate your guts. I'm sure if you made the attempt to ask, it'd be worthwhile to see how far they're willing to go for you and see if you can build a mutual relationship so the next time you go back, they'll help you.

But that's just my take on it. I'm sure people like Marco911 would scoff off my input just because.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #25
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Esteban @ Harry Rosen Oakridge always helps me when I go.. theres this russian lady helped me a few times when hes not there, good service, but they got weird taste in clothing.. I remember Esteban handed me some ugly as fuck D&G jackets and sweaters.
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote