REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Calling all men with bushy eyebrows (https://www.revscene.net/forums/562434-calling-all-men-bushy-eyebrows.html)

micbain 01-28-2009 08:19 AM

Calling all men with bushy eyebrows

How do you all tame them? At home? Wax? Threading? I want to tone mine done as I want to move to contacts, I currently have thick frames which do a good job covering them.

I want to avoid the surrey jack, new jersey guido look with the super fine, super arched brows. I just want them a little more streamlined.

RacePace 01-28-2009 08:22 AM

You should just go to a spa or something and ask them what's the best choice

micbain 01-28-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6250395)
You should just go to a spa or something and ask them what's the best choice

A spa? Next I'll be drinking ginger ale and reading people magazine:(

RacePace 01-28-2009 09:34 AM

You ARE looking to get your eyebrows trimmed haha

micbain 01-28-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6250464)
You ARE looking to get your eyebrows trimmed haha

In the most manly way possible:haha:

BoneThug 01-28-2009 01:37 PM

wtf surrey jack

bcrdukes 01-28-2009 01:41 PM

Try a proper men's grooming shop - Momumtum Grooming on Burrard and Davie. They might have a solution or at least some good advice. :)

RacePace 01-28-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6250833)
Try a proper men's grooming shop - Momumtum Grooming on Burrard and Davie. They might have a solution or at least some good advice. :)

Wow that's fuckin awesome

misteranswer 01-28-2009 01:49 PM

Cuz ya know, Burrard and Davie is where the manly men go.

bcrdukes 01-28-2009 01:53 PM

^
Moreso than 90% of the male population on this entire forum.

micbain 01-28-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6250833)

Nice find....worth it alone just for the shaving supplies :)

Girl 01-28-2009 02:44 PM

There are a lot of spas and grooming studios catered to men.

yuusha 01-28-2009 03:35 PM

^Or you could do a bit of reading, buy a pair of tweezers and get to work.

bcrdukes 01-28-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micbain (Post 6250897)
Nice find....worth it alone just for the shaving supplies :)

Their prices aren't too bad to be honest. I used to buy my supplies online from Vintage Blades and then I figured, after the currency exchange wrap, shipping/handling and duties/taxes, it works out to be cheaper here.

I met the owner once and I think he's always there. Super friendly guy. He has a voice almost similar to a radio announcer on CBC Radio 1. :D

Girl 01-28-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6251027)
^Or you could do a bit of reading, buy a pair of tweezers and get to work.

That's suicide. You always want to get it professionally done the first time before you attempt a DIY on the caterpillars, even if you want to just clean up the little overgrown weeds in the garden, there's a huge chance of lopsided brows.

yuusha 01-28-2009 05:51 PM

^ If you've got lopsided eyesight, sure. Haha I agree with you though, but if micbain ain't gonna step up to the plate and get 'em professionaly done then he might as well get to weed-whacking by hand.

micbain 01-29-2009 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6251281)
^ If you've got lopsided eyesight, sure. Haha I agree with you though, but if micbain ain't gonna step up to the plate and get 'em professionaly done then he might as well get to weed-whacking by hand.

alright, alright....I'll get 'em done right. Maybe people magazine won't be so bad?

micbain 01-29-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6251028)
Their prices aren't too bad to be honest. I used to buy my supplies online from Vintage Blades and then I figured, after the currency exchange wrap, shipping/handling and duties/taxes, it works out to be cheaper here.

I met the owner once and I think he's always there. Super friendly guy. He has a voice almost similar to a radio announcer on CBC Radio 1. :D

Nice...I love the old school safety, brush and shaving soap...or if you really wanna man up, the straight razor!

Sid Vicious 01-29-2009 10:02 AM

i too have looked into my getting eyebrows professionally "done" but im afraid theyll look TOO perfect so i really dont know what to do.

Inaii 01-29-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6251281)

If you've broken your nose before and it didn't heal properly or you have a scar (both in my case) you always want to get it done professionally. They're trained, you're not =p

Girl 01-29-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB20 (Post 6252374)
i too have looked into my getting eyebrows professionally "done" but im afraid theyll look TOO perfect so i really dont know what to do.

They'll usually just clean up the sparse ones and any unibrow problems.

Like George Clooney, the bottoms are cleaned up and so are the middle.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/events/ASG-011668.jpg

They'll just go along with the shape of your brow instead of looking like:

This:
http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~jhdean/eyebrow.jpg

or

http://music.greenwater.ru/groupe/32/artist.jpg

Jassanova 01-29-2009 07:02 PM

Get them threaded once... then pluck yourself afterwards. Don't listen to anyone here besides BCrdukes advice.

Once you pluck yourself, you can decide how you want them to be shaped... it's minimal maintenance per week, and i know how you feel I try to stay as far from the surrey jack look as possible... just don't wear a white and purple argyle shirt as well.