REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/toyota-lexus-tech-resources_311/)
-   -   How many km's do you get per tank in your Lexus/Toyota, how big is ur tank? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/562793-how-many-kms-do-you-get-per-tank-your-lexus-toyota-how-big-ur-tank.html)

bcrdukes 02-02-2009 01:47 PM

^
ECT is Electronic Controlled Transmission. Basically, the ECU will shift at a higher RPM if you hammer the throttle or drive more aggressively.

Or at least that's my understanding with my parents' Cressida.

L-S-D 02-02-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6259329)
^
ECT is Electronic Controlled Transmission. Basically, the ECU will shift at a higher RPM if you hammer the throttle or drive more aggressively.

Or at least that's my understanding with my parents' Cressida.

ohh... hmm no wonder when i drive with ECT pwer on it feels like my car has more power to the wheels for some reason.... does anyone know if it eats more gas with ect on? than with it off

cdizzle_996 02-02-2009 02:11 PM

97 4Runner Limited 55L tank

3.4L v6

375-410kms a tank.

07734 02-02-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoall (Post 6257106)
LOL, No you dont SG.

My MR2, 1.6 L, 35 L Tank.

13L to 100 KM.

Im lucky to get over 200 on a single tank.


wow, my ae92 2100lbs stock smallport gets about 450-500km per tank(daily heavy foot)
and both my stock aw11 gets atleast 400

pintoBC_3sgte 02-02-2009 05:20 PM

91 Celica GT-S, hwy/city I get around 300km. haha but thats with a lot of boosted driving.

!SG 02-02-2009 05:37 PM

of course ECT power eats more gas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L-S-D (Post 6259340)
ohh... hmm no wonder when i drive with ECT pwer on it feels like my car has more power to the wheels for some reason.... does anyone know if it eats more gas with ect on? than with it off


TRDood 02-02-2009 07:54 PM

Matrix, so same 1.8L engine as the corolla but 600lbs heavier

420km per 50L tank. (avg between fill ups and fill ups for 3 years)

in the snowy days, i managed doing 300km.. thats fucked up

narfy 02-04-2009 03:48 PM

1995 corolla 1.6 3spd auto
400kms... usual fill is 35L... ~9L/100km

1985 corolla GTS 1.6 5spd manual
360kms... usual fill is 32L... ~9L/100km

1990 4runner 4x4 SR5 3.0L V6 4spd auto
250kms... usual fill is 50L... ~20L/100km

1992 4runner 4x4 SR5 3.0L V6 5spd manual
290kms... usual fill is 50L... ~17L/100km

1997 4runner 4x4 LTD. 3.4L V6 4spd auto
340kms... usual fill is 50L... ~15L/100km

2001 GS430 4.3L V8 5spd auto
420kms... usual fill is 52L... ~12L/100km

2001 IS300 3.0L I6 5spd auto
400kms... usual fill is 50L... ~12L/100km

1995 SC400 4.0L V8 4spd auto
350kms... usual fill is 50L... ~14L/100km

lilaznviper 02-05-2009 11:05 PM

09 corolla getting around 8l/100km

depending where i go, i get about 400-500km per tank

pintoBC_3sgte 02-06-2009 10:22 AM

:( lol damnit looks like my cars one of the worst for gas consumption :rolleyes:

bcrdukes 02-06-2009 01:14 PM

^
Turbocharging a 5S-FE is not the greatest for fuel efficiency. Are you running on a standalone ECU?

pintoBC_3sgte 02-06-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6267158)
^
Turbocharging a 5S-FE is not the greatest for fuel efficiency. Are you running on a standalone ECU?


Would have been better i guess if i went with a standalone. I'm running a emanage ultimate with it. Seems to have done the job :)

hung_lo 02-08-2009 11:38 PM

1jz-gte
twin turbo 4spd automatic Supra (a.k.a. tank)

Not driving like a douche: 425km every 55L fill

Driving hard when people are coming along to buy it: 350 every 55L fill

In comparison:
My B18C swapped Del Sol, even when going to Mission and making a few passes, and driving down hwy 1 blaring at 4000+rpms(short gearing)
425km for 35L fill.

I really miss that car....

heleu 02-09-2009 08:22 PM

91 MR2 NA
2.2L 5SFE

100% City driving,
500km for 50L tank.

Jun_Y 02-10-2009 10:29 AM

toyota MarkII
2.5L 1JZGTE

mixed hwy but mostly city driving
13.5L/100km

!SG 02-15-2009 08:46 PM

368km, 55L of gas, ECT power on, 85% city 15% highway driving, on my winters, stock 16in rims.

that works out to 14.9L per 100km...

oh god, even worse!

ok this next tank i am going to granny it, no ect power, super light on the throttle, thing is, i just put back on my 20s... so im sure even with that, these numbers can not be any better.

adrian_irwin 02-15-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6257137)
3S-GTE GenII MR2 SW20
320KMs per tank @ 42L on 94 Octane with the occasional boosting @ 11psi on a CT-20B turbo. I get much more on highway driving. Something insane like 420KMs

Your experience mirrors mine with the SW20. I'm still on the CT-26, but running 16psi, and it still works out to be the same. I only run 92 octane though.

Solo_D33A 02-16-2009 09:20 AM

98 GS400, 1UZ, 13.5 mpg ave in the city, lots of idling and stop and go....

ok.... this is about 17.42 L/100km... who's worse now? lol

Highway I stretched to 25mpg (9.41l/100)

note: I doesn't do calculations from looking at the mileage etc... my navi told me... but it's accurate enough I think... sometime in my life I'll do a calculation but looking at how much gas I'm using compared to my old car, it's about right. lol

btw, these are done with my 17inch winters, I'm back in vancouver now with my 18s for a week, I'll see what's up with the mileage...

Ruus 02-18-2009 08:47 AM

91 MR2 3S-GTE
320km / 40L
13L/100km

92 Tercel
440km / 34L
7L/100km


Thats why my Tercel is a daily

LemonH2O 02-18-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilaznviper (Post 6266345)
09 corolla getting around 8l/100km

depending where i go, i get about 400-500km per tank

What model? I got an 09 XRS a few months back. Every tank so far has been shit. I usually fill up at quarter tank left, the 3/4 runs me 300-350km. Everytime I ask someone about it, they say "the XRS engine is basically a camry engine." The car does have good get go but I'm fairly disappointed with the expected great gas mileage of a corolla nonetheless.

pandalove 02-18-2009 09:19 PM

lexus is 250 9.8l/100km 65L

//RacingSpirit>> 02-19-2009 07:14 PM

I don't really calculate my fuel consumption anymore, but from what I last recall....

05 Echo Hatch 1.5L engine, I get roughly 580-600km per 45L tank.

Solo_D33A 02-23-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A (Post 6283288)
98 GS400, 1UZ, 13.5 mpg ave in the city, lots of idling and stop and go....

ok.... this is about 17.42 L/100km... who's worse now? lol

Highway I stretched to 25mpg (9.41l/100)

note: I doesn't do calculations from looking at the mileage etc... my navi told me... but it's accurate enough I think... sometime in my life I'll do a calculation but looking at how much gas I'm using compared to my old car, it's about right. lol

btw, these are done with my 17inch winters, I'm back in vancouver now with my 18s for a week, I'll see what's up with the mileage...

new record for me on highway, 27.7mpg (8.49L/100km), pure highway cruise control at 120kmh, snow mode:haha:

!SG 02-23-2009 05:43 PM

haha, i gotta take that down next time i drive to seattle or something... pure highway and see how granny i can get it!!

woozzle 02-23-2009 10:20 PM

based on the gauge, I can probably drive back and forth between Seattle and Vancouver 2.5 times from a full tank


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net