REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Steve Nash Gym (https://www.revscene.net/forums/563622-steve-nash-gym.html)

asdfpic 01-06-2010 03:02 AM

hey rsx, didy ou ever end up switching
im at sports central right now too and offering renewal for 199, so $16 a month

wondering if its worth it to go steve nash gym,

anyone have new prices they currently paying?
the rate they told me for student was $49 a month, prepay for a year and get 3 months, so 39 a month, plus 49 initial fee

wondering how far negotiating will take me

gabi 01-06-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdfpic (Post 6757289)
hey rsx, didy ou ever end up switching
im at sports central right now too and offering renewal for 199, so $16 a month

wondering if its worth it to go steve nash gym,

anyone have new prices they currently paying?
the rate they told me for student was $49 a month, prepay for a year and get 3 months, so 39 a month, plus 49 initial fee

wondering how far negotiating will take me

i'm a mbr currently at nash and have been a mbr at sportscentral before

i'd probably stick w/ sportscentral seeing as its 24 hrs, less crowded, cheaper

things to consider w/ nash is the access you will have to all the fitness world locations (i believe one of the vancouver ones is 24 hrs too)... nash has newer equipment, cleaner, well maintained.

if you like a gym that has a wide range of fitness equipment at your disposal and a pool and sauna/steamroom then nash if your ticket

but if your going to the gym just to lift heavy and get truly huge i don't see a real big difference in what nash has to offer... sportscentral has all the you'll need to get big and strong

haymura 01-07-2010 05:20 AM

i called steve nash about they're rates and they told me its $79/month and an initial $99 for enrollment fee. how are people getting lower or cheaper monthly rates?

RayBot 01-07-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haymura (Post 6758785)
i called steve nash about they're rates and they told me its $79/month and an initial $99 for enrollment fee. how are people getting lower or cheaper monthly rates?

This is what you do...if ur interested. Do the one week trial. Afterwards, they will be calling you to sign up for a monthly. Then you tell them no because you have a friend that has a corporate rate, so its not really the gym that you are shopping for. If they bite, they will offer you the corporate rate, but still would want you to pay the enrollment fee (not telling you). Then you tell em that they didn't pay the enrollement fee either.

411ken 01-07-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6759129)
This is what you do...if ur interested. Do the one week trial. Afterwards, they will be calling you to sign up for a monthly. Then you tell them no because you have a friend that has a corporate rate, so its not really the gym that you are shopping for. If they bite, they will offer you the corporate rate, but still would want you to pay the enrollment fee (not telling you). Then you tell em that they didn't pay the enrollement fee either.

What he said..

Anyone know what the corporate rate is with them?

wesdaddy 01-07-2010 01:31 PM

I had the idea to do this....only if I was famous!

RayBot 01-07-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 6759219)
What he said..

Anyone know what the corporate rate is with them?

49 a month? Someone correct me if i am wrong, but that seems to be the number lingering in my head.

gabi 01-07-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6759420)
49 a month? Someone correct me if i am wrong, but that seems to be the number lingering in my head.

correct, basically student/corp/law enforcement/military... w/e other category you can lump yourself into will get you the "corporate discount"

they have staff working strictly in sales so there is room to wheel and deal

do what raybot said w/ signing up for a free wk pass, and then make the sales staff earn your sign up!

asdfpic 01-08-2010 01:57 AM

so at 49 that is already corporate discount?

so im a student and they are giving it to me for 49, any idea of how to get them to offer even better

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-08-2010 02:16 AM

are they going to rename fitness world to steve's world?

asdfpic 01-08-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabi (Post 6533952)
just signed up not too long ago

the free weight area is a tad cramped and not much room around the racks and benches but i was willing to sacrifice that for its good selection of machines and the sauna/hottub/steamroom and well maintained shower/locker facilities

i did $99 initiation and then $588 ppd for 22 mos.
also got 3 personal training sessions tacked on and a free month for the tennis part of the club (would've preferred a deeper discount on my rate but i was done negotiating)

curious as to what everyone else is paying?

any idea how to get them to offer this again?

so basically $27 a month

haymura 01-08-2010 05:52 AM

ok here's an update. i went to fitness world to sign up but what they were offering me is different. they want me to lock on to either a 12 month contract or a 24 month contract. is this how memberships usually are? he said the only way for me to get out of the contract is if i have a doctor's note stating i cant workout anymore or a one way plane ticket.

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-08-2010 06:14 AM

yeah dude that sounds pretty normal. negotiate hard, then walk out, cuz they'll have your number and for sure they'll call back and each time they call back the deal will get better.

gabi 01-08-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdfpic (Post 6760595)
so at 49 that is already corporate discount?

so im a student and they are giving it to me for 49, any idea of how to get them to offer even better

correct, you will have to negotiate your own way

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 6760606)
are they going to rename fitness world to steve's world?

lulz, i believe they chose "Steve Nash Fitness World", but I like the sound of steve's world

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdfpic (Post 6760611)
any idea how to get them to offer this again?

so basically $27 a month

i had a pretty good idea of what i was willing to pay, and was lucky to get the sales mgr that wanted to play ball

Quote:

Originally Posted by haymura (Post 6760677)
ok here's an update. i went to fitness world to sign up but what they were offering me is different. they want me to lock on to either a 12 month contract or a 24 month contract. is this how memberships usually are? he said the only way for me to get out of the contract is if i have a doctor's note stating i cant workout anymore or a one way plane ticket.

some can correct me if i'm wrong but i believe fitness world takes your initiation fee and spreads it across 12 mos or 24 mos on top of your monthly fee... if you pay for the exhorbent initiation fee up front then you can pay month to month and discontinue at anytime

willystyle 03-04-2010 04:21 PM

so has anyone gotten any luck in getting the 27/month offer?

wstce92 06-01-2010 11:37 PM

hey, so I'm looking at changing gyms, for the $49 monthly student fee, are you guys talking about the richmond location or the downtown location?

neggo 07-06-2010 03:36 PM

$49 a month is the corporate fee, so it should be applicable at all locations.

I was told that for a one year contract, you can pay $49 a month; $59 a month with no contract.

jmvdesign 07-06-2010 09:23 PM

Which one is better, Gold's Gym vs Steve Nash?

Sounds like both have the same rates. I live in Delta but don't mind driving out to Richmond to work out.

vafanculo 07-06-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmvdesign (Post 7018872)
Which one is better, Gold's Gym vs Steve Nash?

Sounds like both have the same rates. I live in Delta but don't mind driving out to Richmond to work out.

Steve Nash has a pool/sauna/hot tub. The weights area can get a little cramped tho.

Golds has more weight machines and the layout for weights is well spread apart. I don't think it gets as busy as steve Nash either. The one in Richmond also uses
the old grizzlies bball court, and when i checked it out the guy told me they were putting up punching bags.

Personally I'm really happy at snsc, and the chix are pretty dope too
Posted via RS Mobile

SumAznGuy 07-06-2010 09:59 PM

Went to the downtown gym to sign up for the corporate rate and the sales guy said that deal was over and could not give me that price. I walked out without signing and a week late the sales guy emails me and says he can give me 8 months free for a 22 month contract which works out to $30 a month which was what the corporate rate was for my work place. Personally, I wasn't too happy with their sales tactics though their DT gym is really nice. Maybe I will hold out a little longer to get a better deal.

jmvdesign 07-21-2010 07:23 AM

I'm looking to try out Steve Nash. Do they have any promos going on at the moment? Gold's Gym had a 7 day free pass promo. I'm looking to try something similar to get an idea how the Steve Nash facilities are.

neggo 07-21-2010 10:33 AM

^ Steve Nash always has a 7 day free pass.

When I signed up, they also had a $100 certificate for New Balance. I'm still waiting for it in the mail though...

gdoh 07-21-2010 10:48 AM

i never ever got my $100 certificate to new balance and that was one year ago =|

Meowjin 07-21-2010 11:22 AM

ever since they joined fitness world they bombard you with training sales.

SpuGen 08-15-2010 09:31 PM

I'm at fitness world.. and I love it whenever I meet/talk to random hongers. They fucking LOVE saying "Yeah. I workout at Steve Nash"
"Oh which one?"
"The one on Gilbert"

It's a fucking fitness world. Fuck you. Adding Steve Nash to the name doesn't make it any better than it was before.