REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   In Bruges (https://www.revscene.net/forums/564262-bruges.html)

6793026 02-11-2009 09:28 AM

In Bruges

In Bruges Nominated for Oscar. Another 6 wins & 19 nominations

A film by Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson being hit men transferred to station in a city called Bruges (Belgium). They are stuck in the same room and instructed to wait for a phone call from their boss. Brendan enjoys his time sight seeing while Colin hates this shit hole town.

Really don't want to give the story away, but Colin Farrell's love interest (pretty blonde european girl) who sells drugs, a midget filming on a set, and Brendan being his roomie mixes in together for decent story line. The script was written and directed by martin McDonagh (some up and coming director). I thought the script was decent, a solid 7 / 10.

I really really enjoyed the movie's setting being in Bruges. It is a very beautiful medieval city in Belgium and it's amazing as it sets a great back drop for the movie. (similar to the movie 'Vicky, Christina, Barcelona' which was amazingly beautiful) 9/10

I went back to watch this film was because of the nomination for Oscar and various wins. Colin did a really good job with this. He's Irish so he kept his accent and was able to just be himself, and it was funny because his character was a weird noob, lost in direction, kid-like hit man. The little twitches and kid attitude was portrayed really well. It was something that you definitely don't see from his movies such as Miami Vice, Alexander and SWAT. 9/10

I give this movie a good 7.5 / 10. if you have time and do enjoy movies with a decent script, cast, and filmed in some foreign country like 'Vicky, Christina, Barcelona', I'm sure u'll enjoy this one.

Noir 02-11-2009 09:39 AM

Saw it last year. Highly recommended for film enthusiasts.

Brilliant acting + Brilliant Script = Brilliant Movie.

woozzle 02-11-2009 11:05 AM

not bad...great story, just too slow for my taste

RRxtar 02-11-2009 05:46 PM

saw it a couple weeks ago and rated it in the movie rating thread. after watching it twice id give it a solid 8.5/10. very good movie. lots of funny bits too.

Farfetched 02-19-2009 08:36 AM

Overweight Man: Been to the top of the tower?
Ray: Yeah... yeah, it's rubbish.
Overweight Man: It is? The guide book says it's a must see.
Ray: Well you lot ain't going up there.
Overweight Man: Pardon me? Why?
Ray: I mean, it's all winding stairs. I'm not being funny.
Overweight Man: What exactly are you trying to say?
Ray: What exactly am I trying to say? You's a bunch of fuckin' elephants.