REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   How long do you need to take a break from Nitric Oxide? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/564779-how-long-do-you-need-take-break-nitric-oxide.html)

Timpo 02-15-2009 04:15 PM

How long do you need to take a break from Nitric Oxide?

I have been using some nitric oxide products, Dymatize Xpand, ISS Rush and Superpump 250.

I heard that you have to take a break? You can use it for like 1-2 month and take a break for 1 month and use it again?
Does it have to be a month break? can it be like 1 day on, 1 day off? Perhaps 1 week and 1 week off?

What do you guys normally do?

hal0g0dv2 02-15-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 6282130)
I have been using some nitric oxide products, Dymatize Xpand, ISS Rush and Superpump 250.

I heard that you have to take a break? You can use it for like 1-2 month and take a break for 1 month and use it again?
Does it have to be a month break? can it be like 1 day on, 1 day off? Perhaps 1 week and 1 week off?

What do you guys normally do?

one day on, on day off would make no sense at all. Just drink a cup of black coffee b4 the gym. Super pump is garbage man. If your are looking for a half decent pre workout drink consider this
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._law_of_muscle

Drk 02-15-2009 06:01 PM

You don't need to cycle Nitirc Oxide, its not a steroid. You are fine if you take it every time you work out. Same thing goes with creatine, no cycling or loading necessary.

hal0g0dv2 02-15-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drk (Post 6282273)
You don't need to cycle Nitirc Oxide, its not a steroid. You are fine if you take it every time you work out. Same thing goes with creatine, no cycling or loading necessary.

what he said

penner2k 02-15-2009 06:48 PM

You need to take a break from it forever. Its pretty much a useless supplement.

Timpo 02-15-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6282215)
one day on, on day off would make no sense at all. Just drink a cup of black coffee b4 the gym. Super pump is garbage man. If your are looking for a half decent pre workout drink consider this
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._law_of_muscle

is that a nitric oxide? have you taken that before?

-edit-
ok that's just a post work out drink...like a protein?
http://www.supplementscanada.com/pop...oduct5168.html

Timpo 02-15-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

ohh really? people who work at Popeye's Supplements and GNC told me that I need to take a break.

hal0g0dv2 02-15-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 6282393)
ohh really? people who work at Popeye's Supplements and GNC told me that I need to take a break.

people at gnc are stupid and have never read the back of the label

jakobi 02-15-2009 07:24 PM

95% of supplements are waste of money and Nitric oxide products are one of them...i noticed that people who takes alot of supplements are usually skinny...stick to food....

diesel_test 02-18-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobi (Post 6282430)
stick to food....

yeah, return the NO2- i believe its pretty much useless. All you need is some protein powder, creatine, and a daily-multi.

and eat like a red bull.:D

Badish 02-25-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobi (Post 6282430)
95% of supplements are waste of money and Nitric oxide products are one of them...i noticed that people who takes alot of supplements are usually skinny...stick to food....

Very true. I see a medical dietition at Vancouver General Hospital every six months fo a metabolic disorder that I have. She told me suppliments are a pure money making scheme, and generally do nothing. All you need to build muscle is protien, and that you can get plenty of from food. The human body can only digest about 2grams of protien per kilogram of body weight at most. So even protien powders are a waste of money if you are getting this from food. She does however say good things about creatine, and you can see some good benifits from it, she's just concerned about long term effects, as no long term studies are done yet.

This is from a professional dietition, so I don't waste my money anymore, and I get the same results just taking creatine, and making sure I get enough protien.

f00tzilla 02-25-2009 10:57 PM

nitric oxide stuff is garbage

doesn't that stuff give you diarrhea/gas as well?

Jer3 02-25-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

doesn't creatine need to be cycled due to it being hard on the kidneys?

Badish 02-26-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jer3 (Post 6301719)
doesn't creatine need to be cycled due to it being hard on the kidneys?

Creatine is a naturally occurring substance in your body, there for, it is believed that if you don't cycle it, your body will become reliant on the suppliment and stop producing it naturally. Theres is no evidence showing any harm to the kidneys......but taking too much may be hard on them, considering even too much water is hard on your kidneys....they're not invincible, and they can only work so hard.

abinga 02-28-2009 10:34 PM

The only thing nitric oxide is good for is really getting your energy up but there are dozens of other products that do the same. What are your goals for using these products, Koichi?

BlackV62K2 03-01-2009 04:45 AM

Dont expect any gains from NO itself. It does give you a bit extra energy/pump but that's about it. They do suggest that you take a break from it because your body will get used to it after awhile.

hal0g0dv2 03-01-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 (Post 6306519)
Dont expect any gains from NO itself. It does give you a bit extra energy/pump but that's about it. They do suggest that you take a break from it because your body will get used to it after awhile.

yes, that is were they rip you off, after you start taking 1 scoop take 2 then 3 so your body is set up to take 3 scoops now and that is a lot and im sure you would go threw a bottle of that stuff quick. just stick 2 creatine and protein powder and real food

SkinnyPupp 03-01-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 6282130)
How long do you need to take a break from Nitric Oxide?

Forever.

hal0g0dv2 03-01-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6307461)
Forever.

hahaha

m!chael 03-03-2009 01:03 AM

It's all in your mind. Learn to pump yourself up man and you won't have to waste your money on that crap. Spend it on a girl or some beer instead.

penner2k 03-03-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m!chael (Post 6309569)
It's all in your mind. Learn to pump yourself up man and you won't have to waste your money on that crap. Spend it on a girl or some beer instead.

In theory.. it could possibly work for nights when you maybe had a couple more beers then you should have and have a girl coming back home with you.. lol