REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   Ground Control Coilovers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/564830-ground-control-coilovers.html)

TypeRNammer 02-16-2009 12:11 AM

Ground Control Coilovers

Anyone know a good place to pick them up for a good price?

It's going on a Honda Del Sol

!Aznboi128 02-16-2009 05:07 PM

ebay?

a buddy of mine has it... sucks

Kite 02-22-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznboi128 (Post 6284119)
ebay?

a buddy of mine has it... sucks

Your buddie must not have GCs or has no idea what he is talking about.

GCs are generally regarded as an excellent sleeve over, coilover. Paired with Koni yellows they are one of the better suspension options for our cars (within a reasonable budget).

!Aznboi128 02-24-2009 08:37 AM

he has a eg hatch so its similar he just complains how the sleeves are rock hard

sas 02-24-2009 04:51 PM

Agree with the Kite guy. Better than getting your entry level "jdm" TIR

I was in the same situation and to be honest- honda tech was the best option. They have group buys and specials often so I would check there first. Which spring rates are you going with and choosing yellows?

jeffh 02-24-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznboi128 (Post 6298063)
he has a eg hatch so its similar he just complains how the sleeves are rock hard

off the shelf spring rates on ground control sleeves are far to SOFT for a double wishboned honda on sticky tires

in short, your friend is a tard, and so are you for posting in a tech thread without any tech info

GC sleeves with koni yellows and a proper spring rate is the best entry level combo you can put together, fuck all those purple and green 5600 way adjustable pieces of junk right in the ear

!Aznboi128 02-24-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffh (Post 6298881)
off the shelf spring rates on ground control sleeves are far to SOFT for a double wishboned honda on sticky tires

in short, your friend is a tard, and so are you for posting in a tech thread without any tech info

GC sleeves with koni yellows and a proper spring rate is the best entry level combo you can put together, fuck all those purple and green 5600 way adjustable pieces of junk right in the ear

I'm just saying from personal experience I had Ground Control and tokico shocks before and it rode hard comparing to Eibach pro kit + tokico

but i guess different cars + different shocks makes all the difference

edit:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/s...9&postcount=19

wow guess this setup makes all the difference .... my bad

GhettoRS 02-24-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Bwahahaha :rofl:

slow-fastback 02-25-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznboi128 (Post 6299597)
I'm just saying from personal experience I had Ground Control and tokico shocks before and it rode hard comparing to Eibach pro kit + tokico

but i guess different cars + different shocks makes all the difference

edit:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/s...9&postcount=19

wow guess this setup makes all the difference .... my bad

That's probably because the GC's were a much higher spring rate than the Eibach pro-kit. Just because they aren't comfortable (they probably were not meant to be anyways), doesn't mean they suck. Don't be a hardparker.

bcrdukes 02-25-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffh (Post 6298881)

:werd: and QFT on the purple and green shit.

Alphamale 02-25-2009 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoRS (Post 6299795)
Bwahahaha :rofl:

Do you have something to contribute? Please grace us with your knowledge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slo-HONDAhatch (Post 6299828)
That's probably because the GC's were a much higher spring rate than the Eibach pro-kit. Just because they aren't comfortable (they probably were not meant to be anyways), doesn't mean they suck. Don't be a hardparker.

You do understand there's more to a shock/spring combo than just the spring rate, right?

Tokico blues suck dick for anything other than the stock application.

!Aznboi128 02-25-2009 10:12 AM

If so then what's a good coil-over setup? I wanted smth to be soft for everday driving but with adjustable damping for more agressive times

CarCar1 04-01-2009 03:49 PM

Maybe a dead thread...but not sure why people are say GCs suck? I have GCs (from eBay) with Koni Yellows and its one of the best combos I've ever had. Its adjustable so you can change the firmness of your ride. If you really worry about smooth ride with the GCs get the GC top hat pieces (increase suspension travel) along with the GC coilovers and Konis and you will be set.

GhettoRS 04-01-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Do you have something to contribute? Please grace us with your knowledge.
Oh sorry man, I was simply laughing at Jeffh's statement of "...fuck all those purple and green 5600 way adjustable pieces of junk right in the ear.." and decided to give him props but typing" bwahahaha"

Apparently I should have written something like..."Hi Jeffh, I found your previous statement to be entertaining and genuinly humorous. I would normally write Bhahaha and simply put a smiley here to show my appreciation, but I'm afriad it might be misunderstood and taken out of context by some over-enthusiastic revscener with a fruity name and too much time on thier hands..."

Hope thats constructive enough for you.

Ground Control/Koni Yellows rule!