REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #2176
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
So many longshoreman are gang members, it'd be hard to believe that this wasn't gang related.

Someone at that party fucked one of the gangs, and this is how they got even.
Advertisement
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #2177
RS controls my life!

Not a ilwu sanctioned event. Purely a party for people of a longshoreman background / job its like if you get hired at a great job / you become a lawyer or something people will throw a party, same idea.
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #2178
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
the shooter was invited but he also had a "longstanding conflict" with another guest and they started arguing at the event and the shooter left the building and came back with a gun

Vancouver man charged with attempted murder in Richmond shooting | Vancouver Sun
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #2179
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Man killed on Elgin Street near East 47th Avenue

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Five men believed to have been involved in Vancouver’s first homicide of the year have been arrested. A sword may have been the murder weapon.

Three of the men arrested are still in police custody. Police say the murder happened during a street brawl that appears to have been targeted.

Constable Brian Montague says it looks like all kinds of weapons were used: bats, clubs and even a sword, which is believed to be the weapon that killed the 19-year-old on Elgin Street near East 47th Avenue.

“The victim is known to police. There are suggestions that there [are] ties to the drug trade. There are some loose gang connections, but nothing to suggest that he is affiliated with any major gang,” he says.

No charges have been laid.

Two cars have also been seized; people who live in the area say yelling matches are common on the lawn of a home in question.

“I can’t get into where… the suspects or the victim lives. I can tell you that the victim was a Vancouver resident. Our investigators will find out exactly why they were at that location,” says Montague.

One neighbour tells News1130 she heard screaming around 10:30 p.m. and then heard a car screaming away.

Another neighbour says he saw the police’s flashing lights and came out to see what was going on. “We did see them taking one guy on a stretcher in an ambulance.”

A person at the scene who claims to know the victim says he was a criminology student who wanted to become a lawyer.

“We’re always concerned when there is a violent situation like this… any time someone is seriously injured or killed in a public place in such a brutal way,” Montague tells us. “[But] there’s nothing to suggest the general public has anything to be concerned about.”

Four of the men were arrested at VGH; police won’t go into detail, but do sayone suspect was injured and went to the hospital on his own. All of the suspects are under the age of 21.

This homicide comes about a week and a half after a bloody weekend in Metro Vancouver; four people were killed in three separate shootings in Surrey and four people were wounded in a shooting in Richmond.
Five arrested after Vancouver's first homicide of 2013 | News1130
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #2180
This title intentionally left blank MOD

Interesting. I actually met the victim of this latest one a couple of times.

It bothers me when "person known to police" is thrown in. They can say that if you called in to 911 or filed a police report at any time. You're automatically "known" to police because your name's on file.

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #2181
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
^-makes for a better story i guess

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #2182
My homepage has been set to RS

the hell..a sword?

"the victim was described as wearing metal plated armour, carrying a british flag and riding a black horse"?
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #2183

bunch of high schooler thugs sounds like; everyone involved under 21 and only loose gang links

a criminology student hoping to be a lawyer the article says :/
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #2184
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
not surprised anymore. i remember a ubc law student a while back that killed someone and there was a petition to try to get him booted and preventing him from practicing law

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #2185

drove by a residential area today and the street was blocked off and there were around 10-15 police cars and more on the way as i was driving down the highway... wonder what happened no news about it

unless it had something to do with this case
Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #2186
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
RIP M
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #2187
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
That's the area I grew up in and that's the heart of mobtown which has been quiet for years now...sad to hear this news, RIP to the victim.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #2188
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
That's the area I grew up in and that's the heart of mobtown which has been quiet for years now...sad to hear this news, RIP to the victim.
Awesome I live in Mobtown.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #2189
Prove them wrong

RIP to a good guy.
AuStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #2190
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Awesome I live in Mobtown.
same lol, to me, vancouver seems pretty safe. very shocked to hear this type of stuff happened
gunz4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #2191
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
So... not drug related (as far as I know), but this one hit close to home since I graduated and was friends with both victims involved.

Quote:
RCMP have confirmed two suspicious deaths in a Vernon area home Monday as a homicide and suicide.

The bodies of Sheena Neifer, 29, and Gregory Neifer, 30, were discovered after RCMP responded to a report of shots fired at a home in the 5800 block of Hartnell Road Monday at 1:40 a.m.

“The pair died as a result of a homicide and suicide,” said Vernon RCMP spokesperson Gord Molendyk Tuesday. “The investigation has determined that the two died as a result of gunshot wounds.”

Molendyk said Gregory Neifer killed his wife, then committed suicide.

A gun was recovered at the scene, though Molendyk would not disclose its make.

The call to police Monday morning came from inside the home.

When officers first arrived on the scene, they found the Neifers deceased, and one of the first responding officers assisted two children and an adult relative out of the home to a vehicle.

None of those three were harmed.

The children are under the age of 10 and are believed to now be in the company of family members.

The other adult in the home is a mother of one of the victims.

“The RCMP wants to assure the public that at no time was there any danger to anyone else in the neighbouring area,” said Molendyk, who also confirmed a marijuana grow-operation was found inside the home.

Molendyk said the couple was not known to police, and did not have any idea what led to the gunshots.

“As you can appreciate, our investigators are still talking with family members and following up on this matter to determine exactly what happened,” said Molendyk.

The investigating officers are asking anyone who might have heard shots being fired on Hartnell Road late Sunday night or early Monday morning to please call the Vernon RCMP office at 250-545-7171.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #2192
I don't get it

The saddest stories are the ones where children are involved. Orphaned at such a young age...

How are you holding up, Lomac?
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #2193
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Shooting near the Sumas border crossing in Abbotsford
CTV British Columbia | Videos - Breaking B.C. News Videos
2 Suspects exchanged gunfire with U.S. Customs & Border Patrol, one arrested, one may have fled into Canada

Quote:
Authorities on both sides of the B.C. border launched a massive manhunt Tuesday morning after two suspects exchanged gunfire with Washington State border agents near the Sumas crossing.

A spokesperson with the U.S. Border Patrol says agents encountered the two men, both wearing camouflaged clothing and backpacks, around 9:10 a.m. in the Columbia Valley area, east of the town of Sumas.

Eric Dorais said one suspect fired at an agent and fled into the woods. The other was apprehended and is in custody.
Abbotsford Police were called in to assist the search after it was established that the suspect may have fled to the Canadian side of the border.

The RCMP Air 1 helicopter, two U.S. police helicopters and an emergency response team from Abbotsford conducted a massive air and ground search.

Roadblocks were set up along Marion and Vie roads following the incident.

Read more: Police search for suspect after gunfire exchanged near Sumas border crossing | CTV British Columbia News
Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #2194

Been relatively quiet lately now that the 1 or 2 gangs were completely taken out but we've got another shooting today in a public place

Quote:
Targeted shooting in Burnaby
No one was hit

BURNABY (NEWS1130) – Mounties in Burnaby say no shoppers were hurt when shots were fired at a mall parking lot last night. It happened at the Old Orchard Shopping Complex at the corner of Kingsway and Willingdon Avenue around 7 p.m.

“At this stage it appears to be a gang-motivated shooting between peripheral players believed to be involved in the drug trade,” says RCMP Sgt. Peter Thiessen.

Witnesses say three men were parked in silver BMW. One of the men got out and started walking before stopping, turning around and firing two shots at the other man in the car. The shooter then reportedly got into another car that was waiting nearby.

The men in the car have criminal records.

If you were in the area or have any information you are asked to call Burnaby RCMP Serious Crime Unit at 604.294.7922 or CrimeStoppers at 1.800.222.TIPS.
Targeted shooting in Burnaby | News1130

oh turns out there has been 3 shootings in the last 10 days in Burnaby http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2013/0...by-in-10-days/

Last edited by StylinRed; 04-17-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #2195
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Man Killed in Shooting at Morgan Crossing

Quote:
One man is dead and police are on the scene of what's being described as a targeted shooting in a South Surrey neighbourhood.

Officers raced to the Morgan Crossing shopping centre, in the 15700-block of Croydon Drive, after shots rang out around 7 p.m. Wednesday, sparking multiple 911 calls.

Surrey RCMP Chief Supt. Bill Fordy said the victim is believed to be a 28-year-old man who is known to police "for this lifestyle."

Fordy described the shooting as "eerily similar" to one that occurred in a Burnaby parking lot and that has been described as targeted and gang-related.

"I was just getting out of my car and I heard four gunshots," one witness told Peace Arch News.

The man, a White Rock resident who did not want to be named, described seeing a young male victim with what looked like gunshot wounds to his head lying on the ground next to a silver Mercedes SUV.

Another witness said he looked out of his bedroom window after hearing "three or four" shots from what sounded like an automatic weapon.

"I seen the man on the ground," the witness said. "He looked… pretty young. He wasn't moving."

The witness described the victim as a white male; he was wearing bright orange shoes, a grey T-shirt or hoodie, and blue jeans or dark-coloured pants.

The incident triggered "pure chaos," he said.

"Everyone was kind of screaming and in shock. It looked like the victim was deceased almost instantly. It was quick."

One woman carrying a young child and crying was seen running towards police, saying "tell me that's not my husband."

A crowd gathered, and police have cordoned off a large section of the shopping centre parking lot. Area businesses have been evacuated and a yellow tarp covers the victim's body.

Melany Hansen said she was in a class at the Steve Nash gym when the shooting occurred. She didn't hear anything, but said a woman came into the gym describing a pool of blood outside.

Officers with the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team are on the scene.

Police have located a suspect vehicle, Fordy said, describing a silver Volkswagen Passat.

He expressed great concern that the incident occurred in a residential area and said substantial police resources have been deployed.

More to come…
Happened right outside Steve Nash apparently...

Last edited by bballguy; 04-24-2013 at 09:01 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #2196
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Looks like a white G Wagen in a picture but could be silver because of the lighting
Posted via RS Mobile
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #2197
I don't get it

G wagen, Morgan Crossing...most certainly organized crime.

I will never understand. People come from privileged/affluent backgrounds and have a world of opportunity at their fingertips, but instead of staying on the straight and narrow, they turn to drugs. Then they end up six feet under before their 30th birthday.

Good motherfuckin' riddance.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #2198
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
Yikes. Other side of the mall from my work...heard tons of sirens right before we left.
smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #2199

getting tired of all these shootings, called it years ago that the shootings would get more and more public risking public safety, but ppl keep buying the msg that the public isnt at risk...what happened to solving beefs with their fists or pipes bats and knives... guess these guys are scared of getting hurt
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #2200
I don't get it

The shootings are going to keep happening until the US pulls the stick out of its ass over cannabis prohibition. In fact, if all drugs were legalized, organized crime would be dealt a devastating blow. Pipe dream, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
what happened to solving beefs with their fists or pipes bats and knives... guess these guys are scared of getting hurt
Posted via RS Mobile
Up until the late 90s, gangsters settled their differences like men. Clark Park rumbles, mass brawls. Now they're going all Compton like and pumping cars full of lead.