REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Euro Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/euro-tech-resources_318/)
-   -   VW Mechanic? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565087-vw-mechanic.html)

DeeK 02-17-2009 07:49 PM

VW Mechanic?

Hey guys,

I'm new to GVA and looking for a good VW Mechanic, or preferably knows Corrado's pretty well. I don't trust too many people to touch my baby. I'd fix it myself but the building I moved into doesn't allow repairs in the parkade. Any tips, recommendations, stories, etc? I refuse to go to a dealership.

If anyone has been to Concept-1 in Calgary, I'd like something like that.

Thanks!

DeeK 02-17-2009 07:50 PM

edit: double post.

thumper 03-18-2009 08:50 AM

because they're not a sponsor i'm not sure i can post this.... perhaps try shift autosport in burnaby. they are a sponsor at http://www.dubberz.com

Lomac 03-18-2009 11:21 AM

JS Performance. :D

Jose's an awesome guy, an ex-VW mechanic and knows his shit inside and out. He's always been willing to help a fellow Dubber out, even on his day off.

DeeK 03-18-2009 05:19 PM

I ended up taking my car to a place in langley called Duane's German Autohaus. Seemed like a decent guy, knows his stuff with corrado's. Was pretty good all around and was honest... ended up saving me a ton of money, I'll probably end up goin back.

felixy69 10-16-2009 07:27 PM

i think Vancouver, the 2 biggest tuning market is VW and Honda !
so it shouldn't be hard to fine someone to fix ur VW
i would try out OUT LAW CUSTOM

EuroRepresent 04-25-2010 08:49 PM

Join Dubberz.com

FIREandFUEL 04-26-2010 06:55 PM

I recommend Wolfsburg Auto in Abbotsford! :thumbsup:

whitescirocco 04-28-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeK (Post 6336352)
I ended up taking my car to a place in langley called Duane's German Autohaus. Seemed like a decent guy, knows his stuff with corrado's. Was pretty good all around and was honest... ended up saving me a ton of money, I'll probably end up goin back.

Wow you lucked out on that one!! My buddy took his Corrado there and he got raped and they did a poor repair job.

JS Performance has treated my cars well :)

Lowered_Klass 12-30-2010 08:49 PM

I hate to bump an old thread...

But anymore recommendations? I have a friend who's sick of dealing with the VW dealership... (who wouldn't be?!)

Being a Honda guy, I felt bad as I didn't know of a shop, and couldn't point them in the right direction.

This would be for routine maintenance stuff, and not really for mods.

So far JS Performance seems like a decent place... but someplace closer to Ridge/Tricity area would be awesome

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

CorneringArtist 12-30-2010 09:00 PM

There's Shift Autosport in Burnaby, but that might be a bit too far (if you consider Willingdon to be far from Ridge). I personally go to PG Performance in Surrey since I live literally 5 minutes from them. Got nothing but good service from them on my Passat, and I'll be going there for maintenance service I can't do myself.

Otherwise, dubberz would be a good place to start looking.

edit/and dubberz lists a place called Stahlberg Autowerks in PoCo. They do maintenance in addition to custom work.

Lowered_Klass 12-31-2010 09:35 AM

Thank you good sir :thumbsup:

I will pass along the info, and hope he uses it.

I certainly don't mind driving futher if it means finding a good shop, hopefully he adopts the same outlook.

chewbacca 01-02-2011 08:56 AM

Euro Wrench Werks in Maple Ridge. They're pretty much right across from the Volkswagen dealership on Lougheed by 203rd. It's run by the previous parts manager (Jens) and service manager (Matt) from the dealer. Their prices are fantastic and they do excellent work. Tell them Dallas sent ya!