REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #2851
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ob View Post
How can you say he has very little sway? He has total control of the situation. The ball is totally in his court.

Scenario:

He tells NJ, NY, Den, and whoever else it concerns that he will only sign an extension with New York. Done.

Then the Nuggets have two options:
1) Ship Melo to NY for what they think is next to nothing or what "isn't as sweet as the NJ" offer.

2) Keep Melo for the rest of the season only to watch him walk away leaving nothing behind for them and he signs with NY.
Are you retarded? He has no real sway to go to New York AND get Paid, that's what I'm trying to say, which is something you obviously fail to understand by saying he he has total control. There's very little chance right now that he will go to the Knicks AND get $65mil over 3yrs.

your 1) is retarded, all NYK can offer is gallo/chandler, curry and scrap, they don't even have picks to give away. They Nets are offering Harris and Favors AND picks (unprotected). Which ones you think is better? Gebus

For 2), unless you are illiterate (or read at a grade 2 level), you would have picked up what I said about Denver not wanting Melo to leave for nothing like Bosh and Lebron
Advertisement
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #2852
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
Are you retarded? He has no real sway to go to New York AND get Paid, that's what I'm trying to say, which is something you obviously fail to understand by saying he he has total control. There's very little chance right now that he will go to the Knicks AND get $65mil over 3yrs.
LOL - You are calling ME retarded when you have failed to make your point clear? You did not mention anything about money in the paragraph of yours that I quoted. Seems to me like YOU are the retard...

Quote:
your 1) is retarded, all NYK can offer is gallo/chandler, curry and scrap, they don't even have picks to give away. They Nets are offering Harris and Favors AND picks (unprotected). Which ones you think is better? Gebus
LMFAO - This proves it; You are a retard. Who gives a fuck if New Jersey has the better offer. The offer is completely void if Melo refuses to sign an extension with them. You think they are going to give up all that shit just so they can have Melo for the rest of the year and then have him walk? My god you are fucking stupid.

Quote:
For 2), unless you are illiterate (or read at a grade 2 level), you would have picked up what I said about Denver not wanting Melo to leave for nothing like Bosh and Lebron
WOW - Do you just keep getting more and more stupid? I clearly stated that if Melo simply states that he will only sign an extension with New York, the Nuggets will have two options and that is to either (1) accept New York's offer (like I already explained to your dumbass) or (2) let him walk at the end of the season (like i already explained to your dumbass).

No shit Sherlock Holmes; Obviously trading him to New York would be the better option to go with, but they would be forced to just accept what New York has to give them.

Now I suggest you stop talking because you are coming off as real fucking stupid...

Last edited by n0ob; 01-17-2011 at 12:44 AM.
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #2853
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

You guys are hilarious... I hope that Melo never states that he will "only" sign an extension with the Knicks.... Otherwise, teh knicks can harsh lowball the nuggets Revscene style....

I still dont' know why he wants to leave the nuggest anyway...he has the BEST opportunity to win with them.. they are just about 1 center away from challenging the West. If he goes to NY, they have to beat Orlando/Miami/Boston/Chicago... if he stays in the West, they only have to deal with Lakers/Spurs... I'm sure they can beat the Thunders
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #2854

I'll have to go with NooB with this debate..lol

If Melo states he will ONLY sign with the Knicks and the Knicks offer "all NYK can offer is gallo/chandler, curry and scrap, " then of course the Nuggets have NO choice but to accept that deal. But if Melo states he will sign with either then of course, the Nuggets will take the Jersey deal as QUICK as they can lol
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #2855

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
I'll have to go with NooB with this debate..lol

If Melo states he will ONLY sign with the Knicks and the Knicks offer "all NYK can offer is gallo/chandler, curry and scrap, " then of course the Nuggets have NO choice but to accept that deal. But if Melo states he will sign with either then of course, the Nuggets will take the Jersey deal as QUICK as they can lol
or the nugs can say FUCK YOU to Melo and make him eat the pay-cut if Melo reflects poorly on the fans (which he is starting to already). Then they can play the "he fucked us" role and then get away with not trading Melo
Old 01-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #2856

Quote:
You guys are hilarious... I hope that Melo never states that he will "only" sign an extension with the Knicks.... Otherwise, teh knicks can harsh lowball the nuggets Revscene style....

I still dont' know why he wants to leave the nuggest anyway...he has the BEST opportunity to win with them.. they are just about 1 center away from challenging the West. If he goes to NY, they have to beat Orlando/Miami/Boston/Chicago... if he stays in the West, they only have to deal with Lakers/Spurs... I'm sure they can beat the Thunders
HE HAS SAID FROM DAY ONE THAT HE ONLY WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE KNICKS!!!!!!

Melo has no leverage because he needs the money (ALL nba players need the money), he only wants to go to the east coast, and only the Nets can conjure up an acceptable deal. I refuse to respond to Noob from now now, it's like arguing with a dead retarded 4 year old with no limbs. The guy bases nothing on actual news and just makes shit up
Old 01-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #2857
Banned (ABWS)

If Melo stated that he only wants to play for the Knicks (and i have no idea if this is true) then if the nugget's management have any brains at all, they would take the Knick's offer or just let Melo walk away to free agency once his contract expires
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #2858

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
If Melo stated that he only wants to play for the Knicks (and i have no idea if this is true) then if the nugget's management have any brains at all, they would take the Knick's offer or just let Melo walk away to free agency once his contract expires
Another tidbit, the Denver mgmt is rather new and young, they want to prove themselves and obviously has to stand their ground and try to get the best for their team.

Last week: They showed their immaturity when they announced to the media something like "Hey Nets, stop leaking our trade proposals or else we'll trade Melo to the Knicks!" Which is comical because it is widely accepted amongst the NBA circle that the Knicks offer isn't even being considered by Denver. So this is essentially an empty threat.

What they're doing now is, Prokhorov is gonna be in the states this week to talk to Melo (if he hasn't already, he may have done it over the weekend). On my way over to work this morning (which was 2 hours ago, I work in HK), listening to the NBA Today podcast on ESPN, they're saying that (not reporting) from a team source that this deal is essentially done and should be ok'd Tues/Wed. So who knows. For a guy that follows the NBA daily, this shit is cannot be more annoying. ESPN just floods the NBA page with Melo stuff daily and I just don't care anymore, just end it already.

BTW Brook Lopez sucks, ruining my fantasy so badly that I can't even trade him.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #2859

^ If its a "done" deal as you've heard then Melo must have agreed to sign the extension as there is NO way in hell that the Nets trade all that asset and have them see Melo walk on them after this season...

Unless the GM for the nets is f'ng Stu Jackson of course

Now, if Melo says NO to the nets (regarding the extension)... Do you honestly think the Nets would still trade for him? or take whatever the Knicks are offering ? (as that's the #1 choice for him)

Last edited by 411ken; 01-17-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #2860

Quote:
or the nugs can say FUCK YOU to Melo and make him eat the pay-cut if Melo reflects poorly on the fans (which he is starting to already). Then they can play the "he fucked us" role and then get away with not trading Melo
Whattt? What pay cut are you referring to? lol...

He then just easily take the "cut" and say, he wants to win.... remember what LeBron/Bosh/Wade said?
Old 01-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #2861

^ yeah, Leon Rose - Melo's Agent who is also Lebron's agent, must have persuaded him to take the money or else this is ANOTHER fake rumor. Melo was asked about the meeting with the nets after the Spurs game and he said he knew nothing about it and that he "won't talk to nobody.......that mgmt's job". So either he's lying about the meeting or it's way of saying I still don't want to go to the Nets.

Nets GM is Billy King, who actually isn't far off from being a Stu, he eff'd up Philly pretty good before he got fired LOL.

Quote:
Whattt? What pay cut are you referring to? lol...

He then just easily take the "cut" and say, he wants to win.... remember what LeBron/Bosh/Wade said?
The NBA and the players' association will have some mighty long talks after this season as the current CBA expires. The NBA has come out (well, it's generally known) that only a handful of teams make money, and most of them lose a lot of money every year because the current financial model does not work. While that falls mostly to GM's continually overpaying players, the view is that contracts are guaranteed for too long and for too much, think.....hockey wise........before the hockey lockout.......Bobby Holik to the Rangers for $45mil/5yrs. It's these type of deals that are killing teams, as guys like Eddy Curry eat up so much of the cap and their teams can't improve. That's why expiring contracts have become so valuable in the NBA.

For this coming CBA debate, the owners will do anything to get what they want. Reduced salaries, reduced guaranteed years, hard cap, etc. After cases of Antoine Walker and Latrell Sprewell, they KNOW that these guys live paycheque to paycheque and the longer they lock the players out, the more sway the owners will have. Whatever happens with the CBA next year (or the year after), Melo will not be able to get $65 mil over 3years. So what is staring at Melo is, you take $65 over 3yrs now, and in 2 years earliest you will get to play in a borough of New York, be the 'underdog' to the big bad Knicks, and try to start your own legacy.

Last edited by Wongtouski; 01-17-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #2862

Quote:
The NBA and the players' association will have some mighty long talks after this season as the current CBA expires. The NBA has come out (well, it's generally known) that only a handful of teams make money, and most of them lose a lot of money every year because the current financial model does not work. While that falls mostly to GM's continually overpaying players, the view is that contracts are guaranteed for too long and for too much, think.....hockey wise........before the hockey lockout.......Bobby Holik to the Rangers for $45mil/5yrs. It's these type of deals that are killing teams, as guys like Eddy Curry eat up so much of the cap and their teams can't improve. That's why expiring contracts have become so valuable in the NBA.

For this coming CBA debate, the owners will do anything to get what they want. Reduced salaries, reduced guaranteed years, hard cap, etc. After cases of Antoine Walker and Latrell Sprewell, they KNOW that these guys live paycheque to paycheque and the longer they lock the players out, the more sway the owners will have. Whatever happens with the CBA next year (or the year after), Melo will not be able to get $65 mil over 3years. So what is staring at Melo is, you take $65 over 3yrs now, and in 2 years earliest you will get to play in a borough of New York, be the 'underdog' to the big bad Knicks, and try to start your own legacy.
So, basically, what you are saying is that if Melo does not sign an extension before the trade deadline, he will sign a smaller contract next season due to this "CBA debate"...Therefore, Melo not signing an extension this season would be a losing situation, not only for the Nuggets, but for Melo as well.

Is this what you've been trying to say? If so, wow; You are horrible at getting your point across....

You've stated that Melo has already said from day 1 that he only wants to play for the Knicks. That is NOT true. He said he wants to play in NEW YORK; That means for the New York Knicks OR the Brooklyn (whatever-the-fucks-you-want-to-call-them)....

However, I think we can all come to agreement that the Knicks would be a much better situation for him to be in than with the Nets and so, although he has not completely come forward with it, he does, in fact, only want to play with the Knicks.

So really, what we get out of this is the following:

1) Melo agrees to signing an extension with the Nets at which point we will conclude that for Melo: money>winning.

2) Melo refuses to sign an extension with the Nets, and therefore, the Nuggets decide to trade him to the Knicks or decide, just to spite him, to let him walk and hope that there are major pay-cuts starting next season and thus, we conclude that for Melo: winning>money
Old 01-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #2863

^ end of debate about this Melo saga...

We'll just wait for "The Decision: Part 2" and see where he'll take his talents......
Old 01-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #2864
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
^ end of debate about this Melo saga...

We'll just wait for "The Decision: Part 2" and see where he'll take his talents......
YES We should, then I can get some discounts on Melo jerseys
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #2865
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

nothing beats a heated conversation like this

jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #2866
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

BAW$$

jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #2867

Quote:
The Clippers are tired of seeing Blake Griffin get picked on and are ready to get his back going forward.
"If we have to get in a brawl, there’s a brawl," injured teammate Craig Smith said. "It’s a grown-man’s league, and sometimes it happens. I don’t like for it to happen like that, but it’s a very emotional game." Andre Miller was caught on tape giving Griffin a very hard shot to the back a few weeks ago and it didn't sit well with teammates. And now that a warning has been issued to the rest of the league, this could get very interesting.

Sauce: Rotoworld

Z

More on the Melodrama:

Quote:
A meeting between Carmelo Anthony and the Nets had not been set up as of Monday and it might not happen, sources tell ESPN.com.
If Anthony is really refusing to meet with the Nets even though they have permission to negotiate with him, the proposed three-team trade would likely be dead in the water. Carmelo has never publicly said he is willing to sign the three-year extension in New Jersey. Meanwhile, CBSSports' Ken Berger is reporting that the only teams Anthony has thought about signing an extension with are the Knicks and Nuggets. If he is adamant about becoming a Knick as a free agent this summer, the Nuggets may be forced to sell him for pennies on the dollar as a "rent a player." Things may not heat up again until much closer to the Feb. 24 trading deadline.

Sauce: Rotoworld
Old 01-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #2868
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
no melo for NJ

Quote:
NEWARK, N.J. (AP)—New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov has told the team to end discussions on the Carmelo Anthony deal.

In a news conference before Wednesday night’s game against Utah, Prokhorov said he decided on Tuesday to stop pursuit of the Nuggets all-star forward, unhappy with how things played out in public.

The new owner says the deal took too long and became too expensive.

Prokhorov also says he has called off a scheduled meeting with Anthony.

Previously, New Jersey had offered to ship six players and at least two first-round draft picks to Denver in a deal that would have sent Anthony to the Nets along with former Pistons teammates Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;...p-nets-anthony

Last edited by roflwaffle604; 01-19-2011 at 02:46 PM.
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #2869

Next up: New York Knicks
Old 01-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #2870
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

not happy with lebron taking a 29ft 3pt shots when they are down 2pt with 10 sec left
Old 01-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #2871
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
league pass trial going on NBA.com thru the 23rd
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #2872
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
what are the potenials of the player in this years draft?
lebron = best draft
bargnani = worst draft
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #2873

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
bargnani = worst draft
UH..........

Bargnani, Aldridge, Tyrus Thomas, Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Redick, Rondo, Shannon Brown, Farmar, Boobie Gibson, Millsap = WORST draft?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #2874
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
those players didnt break out until they were drafted
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #2875

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
those players didnt break out until they were drafted

BTW this is by far the worst trade class ever.

2000 NBA Draft

Last edited by Wongtouski; 01-19-2011 at 05:50 PM.