REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

LC21 02-03-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ob (Post 7290665)
WTF are you even talking about? What team!? The reserves for the all-star teams haven't even been announced yet.....

Why do you make it seem like you run this thread, bashing on what everyone has to say?

hotshot1 02-03-2011 01:11 PM

If I had the choice, I'd put Duncan in it over Love and Blake even though the latter 2 deserve it more just for the fact that it will be his last all-star game. Love and Blake are young and they have a lot of all-star game selections to look forward to anyway. Duncan is the greatest PF ever - I'd put him in just for that reason.

roflwaffle604 02-03-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotshot1 (Post 7291133)
If I had the choice, I'd put Duncan in it over Love and Blake even though the latter 2 deserve it more just for the fact that it will be his last all-star game. Love and Blake are young and they have a lot of all-star game selections to look forward to anyway. Duncan is the greatest PF ever - I'd put him in just for that reason.

IMO that shouldn't have any bearing on whether or not he makes the team. making the all-star team is based on how well the player is playing that season, not in the past.

TBH I think it would benefit Duncan more to sit out and rest over all-star break so he's fresher for the playoffs, where the real payoff for the season is: the NBA Championship.

I'm pretty sure most players would trade an all-star team selection for a championship anyday.

Mugen EvOlutioN 02-03-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 7290892)
Why do you make it seem like you run this thread, bashing on what everyone has to say?

because thats what the motherfucking noobs do

:showbutt:

411ken 02-03-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotshot1 (Post 7291133)

This is crazy talk..lol... I guess Shaq should be there too then ? lol...

411ken 02-03-2011 02:39 PM

Now.. can someone tell me why in the world does Jay Triano still have a job??

I know it's not completely his fault but i think it's time to change it up in TO... I'm not a fan of them or anything but I feel kinda bad.... hahaha

wasabisashimi 02-03-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 7291238)

I know it's not completely his fault but i think it's time to change it up in TO... I'm not a fan of them or anything but I feel kinda bad.... hahaha

too bad no superstar wants to play in TO,

TRDood 02-03-2011 03:52 PM

Awesome game schedule today
Posted via RS Mobile

lundyt 02-03-2011 03:55 PM

love will get snubbed even tho he shouldn't. blake will get in based on his dunks. td takes a spot because the coaches love him.....shaq shouldnt get in. altho he was second in Centers in the east for voting.

n0ob 02-03-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 7291238)

Trust me, you have no idea how great a coach Jay Triano is. He doesn't have much to work with right now in Toronto. Actually, he's never really had much to work with in Toronto...

Anyway, reserves have been anounced:

West reserves: Pau Gasol, Russell Westbrook, Manu Ginobili, Dirk Nowitzki, Deron Williams, Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan.

Kevin Love is most likely to take the place of Yao Ming in the starting line-up.

East reserves: Joe Johnson, Al Horford, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce.

wasabisashimi 02-03-2011 04:47 PM

boston starting line up stacked whole east reserve?

TRDood 02-03-2011 04:51 PM

LOL, that's the whole Celtic's starting line up.

Heat+Celtics vs. the West? haha

Jermyzy 02-03-2011 04:54 PM

^
East: KG, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, Al Horford, Joe Johnson
West; Manu Ginobilli, Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin, Deron Williams, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, Russell Westbrook

n0ob 02-03-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jermyzy (Post 7291419)
^
East: KG, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, Al Horford, Joe Johnson
West; Manu Ginobilli, Tim Duncan, Blake Griffin, Deron Williams, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, Russell Westbrook

I just said that....:facepalm:

Jermyzy 02-03-2011 06:45 PM

^My bad, I was reading a post from previous page and hit quick reply without reading the most recent page :p

hotshot1 02-03-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 7291233)
This is crazy talk..lol... I guess Shaq should be there too then ? lol...

Shaq already got his undeserved one 2 years ago lol. And how can you only have 1 rep from the team with the best record in the whole league? That doesn't seem right to me.

Anyway, I think the selections were perfect. 1 thing tho, I'd replace Yao with Love and put Gasol as the starting center.

Euro7r 02-03-2011 09:14 PM

Damn, Spurs beat the Lakers at the buzzer tonight by a tip in.

wuuhoo 02-03-2011 09:33 PM

^that was crazy. Me and my Dad were screaming when McDyess put it back in

last several possessions by the spurs were crazy

LookHere_Sucka 02-03-2011 09:33 PM

Crazy game: Spurs at Lakers

Did anyone watch Lebron's 51 pt night?

G-spec 02-03-2011 09:39 PM

^ yea it was nuts... been layin in my couch for hours now, saw the Heat game and the crazy Lakers finish.... good fckin day of basketball I am very fulfilled, feel like I wanna go shoot some jumpers right now lol

LookHere_Sucka 02-03-2011 09:46 PM

I was hoping Lebron would break the 50 pt mark with his free throws, kinda got me pumped for my game on saturday.

Euro7r 02-03-2011 09:48 PM

Good Spurs/Lakers game, potential playoff matchup. But pissed Lakers lost.

Heat/Magic game. Howard 3 for 13 from the line :fuuuuu:

jaebomb 02-03-2011 10:19 PM

speaking of triano

i played his son in hs ball a last year and hes terrible he plays for a delta school and hes pretty bad, i was surprised that he wasnt even good :fullofwin:

TRDood 02-03-2011 10:47 PM

I only watched the 1st quarter and had to go out. Lucky shot at the 1st quarter buzzer beater.
Posted via RS Mobile

LookHere_Sucka 02-04-2011 12:00 AM

^Yeah, that was a pretty sick shot