REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #4826
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
there are only 6 teams in the NBA anyways, Dan Gilbert son has a cocky swag
Advertisement
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #4827
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPPY View Post
these are semi-confirmed trade rumours
odom + gasol -> cp3
bynum + pick + future 1st rounder-> d12
Wow, pretty much trading everything they have away minus kobe.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #4828
Banned (ABWS)

Yep, news is that the deal is dead thanks to other owners pressuring NBA.

I think deal was good for NO too. Chris paul was going to leave anyways, and rumour was that they get Odom, Scola, Kevin Martin, and Goran Dragic, not a bad package at all.
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #4829
My homepage has been set to RS

this is fuking bullshiet! "A chorus of owners were irate with the belief that the five-month lockout had happened largely to stop big-market teams from leveraging small-market teams for star players pending free agency." wtf does that mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if all 3 teams agree to the trade, i don't see a problem with it, all power to them! david stern just wants to make it easier for lebron to get his rings. fuk u david stern!
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #4830
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Lol wow... it's a legit trade too
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #4831
Banned (ABWS)

Good, now CP3 can just walk away when season ends joining kobe, gasol, odom and possibly Superman.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #4832
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
Good, now CP3 can just walk away when season ends joining kobe, gasol, odom and possibly Superman.
Ballin outta control. Luxury tax would be ridiculous.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #4833
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I don't get this at all.. The lakers lose Gasol (who's one of the best bigs in the league) and a 6th man in Odom...

Nowww.. the league would rather have N.O. keep Paul for the year and have him walk away for nothing.... SMART i tell u..

Odom, Scola, Kevin Martin, and Goran Dragic could EASILY outscore Paul by himself if he were to stay put... I'm not bitter just because i'm a laker fan but this one doesn't make sense...
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #4834

And nowww... I wonder how the lakers locker room will be like.. (especially gasol)
Old 12-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #4835
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
And nowww... I wonder how the lakers locker room will be like.. (especially gasol)
He would get drunk with Metta World Peace in the locker room
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #4836
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,527 Times in 834 Posts
Stern rejected the Paul trade, too much flack from the other owners

Just want the damn season to start. Never watch my TV anymore
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #4837

Fucking David Stern man. Everybody would have been better off, except maybe Houston but like whatever dude.

The day the NBA become the NHL where teams couldn't keep its own star roster is the day I start watching NCAA. And it's starting to look like it. LA can't have Chris even though they're giving up there 2 best big men. Why? Because other owners jelly. Shits retarded.

You know in soccer they have a rule that allows players to go to whatever the fuck team they want to play as long as the transfer is doable and fair because the player's morale would be fucked if he's not allowed to leave and nobody ended up better off. Now Stern cockblocked LA without taking into account a fucked up locker room. They're professional and all but still, nobody would like to be in that situation.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #4838
I don't get it

now he just ruined the laker's chemistry for the rest of the season
gasol bynum and odom now hate the GM
PUPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #4839

What BS. Not good enough trade? Fucking christ. Tell me Odom, Scola, Kevin Martin, and Goran Dragic does not make the sht Hornets better than one Chris Paul. Well good fucking luck with New York, retards.

David Stern Rejects Chris Paul Trade - ESPN Video - ESPN

Whatever, i take howard if we could make a deal and then find a guard later. I mean we pay Adam Morrison to warm the bench we could do that with Arenas, right.

Last edited by Nlkko; 12-08-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #4840
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

All the laker fans are choked LOL
Posted via RS Mobile
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:48 AM   #4841
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Maybe Bryant Gumble is right after all....this shit is crazy.....

How is this trade less equitable than say the Melo trade last year. I don't get it. NO gets pieces to make up a legit bball team, Houston gets the centre that they needed, and the Lakers traded one advantage (Big men) for another (Guard Play). All these teams benefited and this is NOT in the best interest of the NBA? Hmm
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:13 AM   #4842
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

wow I miss so much today :fuuuu:

Im pretty indifferent about the paul trade. Would have been exciting thats for sure but keeping Odom and pau (for now) doesnt seem bad at all. If anything I rather see howard trade go through

any laker fans also wondering how mike brown is going to run the team? I always thought he was going to use pau and bynum/howard as his main choice for the offense ~ like what they did in SA
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:27 AM   #4843
Banned (ABWS)

In the Works:

D12

for

Brook Lopez
2 1st rounders
Old 12-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #4844

So howard says he WANTS to be traded to the nets... CP3 says he wants out... wtf is going on with the nba? it's like being ran by the players now Please someone enlighten me with what the point is for the lockout...

I'm still in shocked with nba shutting down the LA/HOU/NO trade as ppl said here.. it's a legit/fair trade...
Old 12-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #4845

The NBA needs to get rid of David Stern and have someone that could control these players.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #4846
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine50 View Post
All the laker fans are choked LOL
Posted via RS Mobile
yup cuz the nba onwers and david stern are retarded
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #4847
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
So howard says he WANTS to be traded to the nets... CP3 says he wants out... wtf is going on with the nba? it's like being ran by the players now Please someone enlighten me with what the point is for the lockout...

I'm still in shocked with nba shutting down the LA/HOU/NO trade as ppl said here.. it's a legit/fair trade...
Too many micky mouse teams which players dont want to play for. Like LBJ said the league should have less teams. They should start looking at shutting down teams like the Hawks, Grizzlies, Nets, Pacers, Hornets and maybe Bobcats if things dont turn around for them. They have the highest debt % in the league right now and is on the red line. Teams like Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, Mavs and Heat are profiting the most in the league.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/32/...s-11_land.html
Old 12-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #4848

^Sure that would be great but this isn't the olympics...what was the damn point of turning down the paul deal? N.O. got a whole lot better if the deal went thru and could fill out more seats as I think they would be more competitive. Same for Houston who gets an ALL STAR center that they can build around on...

The league recently let LeBron sign with Heat along with wade and bosh.. the league let Melo team up with amare... now we get a fair trade and it gets denied lol... embarrassing

Bring back the 90s bball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 411ken; 12-09-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #4849

This article sums up what I think of this whole thing.
Quote:
One can barely imagine the relief felt this morning by the New Orleans Hornets and their fans, assuming, that is, that they still have any.

The perennially star-crossed Hornets were set to trade Chris Paul — who is certain to leave them anyway — for Lamar Odom; a legitimate 20-plus a game scorer (Kevin Martin); a power forward who’s good for 18 points and eight rebounds a game (Luis Scola); a point guard (Goran Dragic), and, oh, yes, a first-round pick. David Stern saved them from that.

Worse still, I was all set to write that the Los Angeles Lakers had finally found the lousy end of a deal. Fortunately, the commissioner, in his infinite wisdom, disabused me of that idea.

Then again, I’d be remiss to give Stern all the credit. He had help from his owners, guys like the Mavericks’ Mark Cuban and the Cavaliers’ Dan Gilbert. It’s worth mentioning here that Yahoo Sports came up with an email from Gilbert to Stern and Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver calling the proposed deal for Paul “a travesty.”

“I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen,” wrote Gilbert, who went on to ask, “When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?”

Well, at least Gilbert got something right. Also, it’s good to know that Stern is so receptive to the counsel of a man who’s done the impossible. Gilbert is the best thing that ever happened to LeBron James. He almost allows you to see things from the King’s point of view. I mean, if you had a choice, would you put up with Gilbert?

bracket
MAKE YOUR MOVES
NBA deals are happening fast. Follow all the big signings and trades.

Not long after Stern received the email, a league spokesman said: “It’s not true that the owners killed the deal. The deal was never discussed at the Board of Governors meeting and the league office declined to make the trade for basketball reasons.”

Basketball reasons? Really? Was the league truly that concerned about the Los Angeles Lakers, winners of consecutive championships in 2009 and '10?

This is the same franchise, mind you, that incurred league-wide ire by getting Pau Gasol in return for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton and a couple of first-rounders. Strange, though, that Gilbert is a small-market owner. Aren’t the Hornets a small-market franchise?

And what of Houston? The Rockets aren’t anyone’s idea of a big-market team. Still, they didn’t seem too upset about obtaining the aforementioned Gasol in Thursday's aborted deal. Did David Stern presume that these teams didn’t know enough to act in their own best interests? Or did he understand their “basketball reasons” better than they did?

The NBA, as you probably know, owns the Hornets, who play in a city that has been proven unviable for NBA basketball. Chris Paul understands this. That’s why there is no chance he would ever return when his contract expires after this lockout-shortened season.

bracket
FREE TO GO?
Keep track of the top 10 free agents and where they're signing.

I don’t know what the league can get for Chris Paul now. The Hornets won’t get a deal better than what they already had. Instead, they’ll pay a heavy price. And so will the Rockets and, yes, the Lakers (one figures they weren’t done dealing). Maybe David Stern will pay their bill. Or, better yet, let him send it to guys like Gilbert.

The Board of Governors? Please. The Hornets had been shopping Paul for the past week: to the Knicks, the Celtics and the Lakers, among others. But now the league suddenly decides that any prospective deal involving its welfare case, the Hornets, would have to be discussed (and ostensibly approved) in a league-wide meeting?

What am I missing here? Didn’t the owners make a 7 percent score — from 57 down to 50 — on basketball-related income as a result of their lockout? And what of those fabulous “system issues”?

Seems to me this is just more of the same: owners whining that the Lakers got another superstar.

That’s not going to change. That’s the way the NBA has always been, and always will be. Whatever the BRI figure, big stars will angle for the big markets.

There’s nothing David Stern or his whiny owners can do about it. A guy like Dan Gilbert would be better off with the Washington Generals. If he thought the Chris Paul deal was bad, I can’t wait to hear him when the Lakers get Dwight Howard.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #4850

On a sad note...

reports says BRANDON ROY will be retiring