REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #2151
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

The game looks sick! I can't wait for this game and can't wait to play the old school teams.

NBA Elite must be worried and they even offer free NBA Jam or whatever lol...
Advertisement
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #2152

As for the debate, I can't believe you guys still have Dirk Nowitzki up top of your lists.

I like Dwight but to me, the only way he can score is by dunks

And yes, whatever anyone says, RIGHT NOW, Gasol is the best big man in the game.

My top 5
Kobe
LeBron
Durant
Wade
Melo
Old 09-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #2153
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
The game looks sick! I can't wait for this game and can't wait to play the old school teams.

NBA Elite must be worried and they even offer free NBA Jam or whatever lol...
haha u see the elite gameplay demo where bynum was stuck at half court? LMAO elite graphics look so shitty. Peep this...

hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #2154

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
yea for some reason the graphics are shit in NBA Elite, but they added the one thing people have been begging for in YEARSSSS!!!

which is a new physics engine ! no more ice skating all over the floor and getting stuck in animations ! this alone wins me over as it's been my biggest reason for selling every copy of Live I've owned after 2 months of playing it.

I could never get into 2K series and the 5 on 5 gameplay the motions of the players was just to awkward for me while controlling them. There was no sense of momentum and it just felt too unreal. That was the buzzkill for me. The only 2K game I actually loved and played lots of was 2K6 with Shaq on the cover, and even that game I never played the full court 5 on 5 games, I just did the quest thing with 1 on 1 play, that was awesome !

EDIT: gotdang just saw the 2K vid of Kobe doin work, wooooowwww, I'm downloading both demos for sure gonna see what it's about, cuz 2K looks much better this year than last, but still gotta test it out see how it feels. And what's the harm in having 2 basketball games anyway, lol

Last edited by G-spec; 09-23-2010 at 09:11 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #2155
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
As for the debate, I can't believe you guys still have Dirk Nowitzki up top of your lists.

I like Dwight but to me, the only way he can score is by dunks

And yes, whatever anyone says, RIGHT NOW, Gasol is the best big man in the game.

My top 5
Kobe
LeBron
Durant
Wade
Melo
+1
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #2156
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

So then we can agree that Kobe can't win without having the best center in the league. Aight cool.
JiggaZed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #2157
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
2K11 looks so sick. I want it so bad now. Excuse my ignorance but is it released yet?

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #2158
Banned (BBM)

hold your horse son

OCtober 5th

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2010, 06:24 PM   #2159
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaZed View Post
ANYYYYYWAYYYY

Do you guys think Melo will be traded before the season starts? And if so, where to?

I think he will be traded, just not sure to whom.
I hope it's Warriors, and I think they have a decent chance too as they are the only team that wouldn't require Melo to sign an extension. In other words, they are considering trading away assets to get Melo potentially for just one year.

I'm cool with that as long as Curry and Lee are untouched.
They got nothing (well unless you count bad contracts) that Denver wants.

Ellis? Bad Contract
Biedrins? Bad Contract
Brandon Wright? Verging on becoming a bust
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #2160
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Brandon Wright

I remember GS giving up richardson for him. OOh what a move.
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:29 AM   #2161
Banned (ABWS)

Yeah, GSW has made some pretty retarded moves ever since they upset the mavs. However, with new ownership, they seem to be headed in the right direction. Acquiring Lee was huge and they are now finally replacing Don Nelson.

How about Houston? What's Houston's chances of landing Melo? With Rick Adelman's coaching, if they can land melo and have Yao healthy for the playoffs, I can see them giving LA a real good run at the Western Conference Title.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #2162

I think their hustle is enough to give LA a run.

With a healthy Yao, and with or without Melo, we can all aspect the rockets to be a serious threat in the west.

Yao/Scola/battier/Martin/Brooks

cant believe they got rid of azria though =/
Old 09-24-2010, 08:11 AM   #2163

Quote:
So then we can agree that Kobe can't win without having the best center in the league. Aight cool.
Mind explaining why you put him as your #1 guy then? if he can't win alone? I guess I should have put "Gasol is the best IMO" but not "All star" calibre or big name like Dwight, etc.,. he's just not getting the respect... Kobe brings the best out of Pau. not the other way around

Unlike Pierce who needed 2 all stars... and now LeBron joining with yet 2 more all star big names...

At the end of the day, Kobe haters will always hate.... I guess that's what happens when he's won back to back

Maybe Dirk will crack your top 3 this year..LOL

Last edited by 411ken; 09-24-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #2164

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
haha u see the elite gameplay demo where bynum was stuck at half court? LMAO elite graphics look so shitty. Peep this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLPGDyE5pEE
Dude, this is hilarious.. I LOL'd as soon as Bynum got stuck.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #2165

Houston has a killer fckin starting 5, every one of them is "pretty much" a top 5 in the NBA at their position. They need to win 45+ games this season, but I doubt they will
I know they will be playing Yao sparingly during the season at around 20-25 minutes per game, so he "should" be ready to go for the playoffs.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #2166
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Houston has a killer fckin starting 5, every one of them is "pretty much" a top 5 in the NBA at their position. They need to win 45+ games this season, but I doubt they will
I know they will be playing Yao sparingly during the season at around 20-25 minutes per game, so he "should" be ready to go for the playoffs.
I really don't think u can say that Brooks, Battier, Martin, or Scola are "pretty much" top 5 players in their positions.....The reason the Rockets are so good is because they play almost a college-styled team game with ridiculously good coaching from Rick Adelman.

Brad Miller, Chase Budinger, and Courtney Lee will be a solid part of Houston's success this year.

Also, according to sources, seems like Melo is close to getting dealt to the Nets...

Last edited by JiggaZed; 09-24-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:51 AM   #2167

^ The nets rumour doesn't make sense to me...

Nets - Carmelo Anthony
Jazz - Boris Diaw
Denver - Andrei Kirilenko, Derek Favors + multiple first rounders
Charlotte- Devin Harris

Let's say it goes through (I know other trades can happen) but let's see what the lineup would be

Farmar-Carmelo-Hayes or Williams- Troy Murphy - Brook Lopez

I guess that's way better than Denver LOL
Old 09-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #2168

^lol what on earth. Such messy trade
Old 09-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #2169
Banned (ABWS)

More of
Farmar
Williams/Outlaw/Morrow (Williams is going to break out this year btw)
Melo
Murphy
Lopez

BTW, I think this is a dumb move by the Nets, and great move by the Jazz.
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #2170
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

shittt carmelo to nets?
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #2171

Quote:
I really don't think u can say that Brooks, Battier, Martin, or Scola are "pretty much" top 5 players in their positions.....The reason the Rockets are so good is because they play almost a college-styled team game with ridiculously good coaching from Rick Adelman.

Brad Miller, Chase Budinger, and Courtney Lee will be a solid part of Houston's success this year.

Also, according to sources, seems like Melo is close to getting dealt to the Nets...

I hear what you sayin bro, Brooks and Martin are the weak spots definitely, Brooks is super speedy and can drop 30 points on any given night, but he's inconsistent. Martin is hot and cold, he can drop 30 plus one night and have 6 the next.... game long.

but Battier is one of the better small forwards in the league and by far the best defensive forward IN the league. And ya I do think he's better than Artest defensively, Ron relies a bit too much on muscling people his way and lacks foot speed, seen him get shook too many times by bigger slower guys. Battier will cut you off at the perfect angle and make your shots difficult all night long....
And Scola, well I've seen him play plenty of times last season trust me man he's money a legit by the book old school power forward who plays like a center at times. Super smooth never loses his cool down low looks like he knows exactly what he's doing at all times... top scorer in the world championships in Turkey btw.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:26 AM   #2172

and you guys are looking at this thing with Carmelo going to the Nets the wrong way. Ok the Nets were horrible last season true...

but look at it the right way.... new city, new arena, and the biggest factor is the new owner that happens to have the deepest pockets in the league right now, that's the key right there. Owner Mikhail Prokhorov has serious money to blow and is willing to basically buy an NBA championship.

Some sports writers are projecting the Nets to win a championship within 5 years.
My own opinion is this year they will win around 40 games probably make it to the playoffs as a 6th or 7th seed, doubt they will go deep in the playoffs but going to the playoffs after a season like last is a huge improvement.

Year after they will add more pieces to the puzzle fix the problems of the upcoming season and it's only gonna get better.
I absolutely understand Melo going to the Nets, as I've been looking at the Nuggets last few seasons as a thorn in the side of the western conference, not a powerhouse like all the sports writers been labeling them, but just a solid team that will always consistently make it deep in the playoffs but always fall short.

I've played on basketball teams with all good players before that never made it anywhere I know how frustrating that is. Something fresh and new is on the menu for Melo, and his boss is baaaaaallin !
Old 09-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #2173
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
and you guys are looking at this thing with Carmelo going to the Nets the wrong way. Ok the Nets were horrible last season true...

but look at it the right way.... new city, new arena, and the biggest factor is the new owner that happens to have the deepest pockets in the league right now, that's the key right there. Owner Mikhail Prokhorov has serious money to blow and is willing to basically buy an NBA championship.

Some sports writers are projecting the Nets to win a championship within 5 years.
My own opinion is this year they will win around 40 games probably make it to the playoffs as a 6th or 7th seed, doubt they will go deep in the playoffs but going to the playoffs after a season like last is a huge improvement.

Year after they will add more pieces to the puzzle fix the problems of the upcoming season and it's only gonna get better.
I absolutely understand Melo going to the Nets, as I've been looking at the Nuggets last few seasons as a thorn in the side of the western conference, not a powerhouse like all the sports writers been labeling them, but just a solid team that will always consistently make it deep in the playoffs but always fall short.

I've played on basketball teams with all good players before that never made it anywhere I know how frustrating that is. Something fresh and new is on the menu for Melo, and his boss is baaaaaallin !
Is this going to be a sign-and-trade or just a straight trade?
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #2174
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
^ nets will not complete the deal unless Melo agrees to an extension
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #2175
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:

While I don't know where this "sports writers predict they will win the champ in 5 years" is from, nor do I agree that the deep pockets of Prokhorov has that much incremental value to them winning, I DO agree that he needs to go, and the Nets are a better choice than people think.

They're moving to Brooklyn
They have an owner who cares, and he seems to know what hes doing (example: saying "meh" guys for reasonable contracts, and not overpaying just to spend the cap)
The Knicks are still gonna suck for a while

Add to the current Denver situation, you know, playing with a bonehead like JR Smith, and playing with an aging star who thinks he's still Mr Big shot and bricking horrible 3s in crunch time, Melo's got to be feeling really annoyed. Seeing how his contemporaries are doing must be adding fuel to the flame. His reasoning for moving to big cities so his wife can develop her career is a little ludacris to me thou, she's a freakin MTV VJ at best and I think its overblown.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote