REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #2326
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
I think Nash is even more amazing for him to be doing what he's doing. Nash has no athleticism in comparison to the rest of the league, and he somehow is managing to do all this on offense. Unfortunately, his lack of athleticism really shows on the defensive end.
Why because he is not black?

Advertisement
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #2327
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
Why because he is not black?

Yes, probably.
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:29 AM   #2328
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I'm in Miami bitch
Posted via RS Mobile
MDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #2329
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ go catch some Heat games, IF you can get tickets to them, probably all sold out!

yea Nash is a mid 30's skinny white guy at the end of the day, I can imagine it being a nightmare for him to have to deal with super athletic guards like Rose, or Westbrook..... or trying to push out Deron while he's posting you up..

I like watching him in these matchups cuz I like seeing what he does next time down the court on offense after he gets schooled, usually he pulls a less than 7 second play and gets a quick bucket
Old 10-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #2330

haha, shit I don't really think you wanna fuck with a mentally unstable suicidal guy who likes to carry shotguns in his guitar case while riding a motorcycle around town past midnight.

and Von Wafer, a black guy with a common german name I seen him play for Houston the other season, the guy has got some deadly game, sick jumper and very athletic, reading the post he handled it really well, West turned out to be a little bitch about it.

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers confirmed that backup guards Delonte West and Von Wafer scuffled after practice on Friday.

Rivers said any discipline would be handled internally.

"There was a fight, and that's all you need to know," Rivers said before Friday night's game against the New York Knicks. "I'm going to leave it alone, but obviously I'm not thrilled that it happened. Let's talk about the Knicks."

Wafer declined to comment before the game, referring questions to Rivers and general manager Danny Ainge. His Twitter page included the comment, "i love my team, we family," but Wafer denied tweeting anything.

West was not available for comment.

According to a report on Hoopsworld.com, which first reported the fight, the two were playing three-on-three when West became so physical that Wafer left for the locker room. As he was leaving, West swore at him.

After Wafer showered, the website reported, West approached him from behind and punched him. Wafer retaliated before teammates separated them. The website said tempers also flared between the two about a week ago.

Celtics guard Ray Allen said he didn't expect there to be lingering animosity.

"I've seen a lot of fights. You'd be amazed," Allen said. "It doesn't change the dynamics of the team. Sometimes guys are just angry and have a bad day."

West is inactive for the first 10 games this season after pleading guilty this summer to weapons charges in Maryland. West played for Cleveland last season. He was traded to Minnesota and waived by the Timberwolves before the Celtics signed him.

Wafer is with his sixth team in six seasons.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #2331
Banned (ABWS)

Delonte West is a fucking idiot, he's simply not good enough on the court to be fucking around like this. He's good, but it's not worth the trouble. I don't see why teams keep him around.

That said, Von Wafer has an attitude problem of his own too. I remember in Houston, he got in trouble a number of times with Rick Adelman including a time when he protested coming out of the game and Adelman sent him to hit the showers in the 3rd quarter.

Last edited by 1-Slicer-1; 10-30-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:39 PM   #2332

haha, did you guys see Eric literally break Curry's ankle last night ?

I feel bad for Curry he's had issues with his ankle, but fck that was raw! literally breaking someone's ankle almost never happens in the NBA

EDIT: just saw that this happened because his foot brushed Griffins shoe which turned it enough for it to twist when it landed.... fckin Blake Griffin injury curse !

Last edited by G-spec; 10-30-2010 at 10:45 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #2333
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
haha, did you guys see Eric literally break Curry's ankle last night ?

I feel bad for Curry he's had issues with his ankle, but fck that was raw! literally breaking someone's ankle almost never happens in the NBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nw-8cIZTZM

EDIT: just saw that this happened because his foot brushed Griffins shoe which turned it enough for it to twist when it landed.... fckin Blake Griffin injury curse !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gvKBGtpqIs
Hah, good thing you edited, I was about to go nuts on you for falsely ripping on my boy Steph Curry. Go dubz!!
Old 10-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #2334

lol, nah man I like Steph he's sick I really feel bad for him cuz he's had ankle problems already which sucks he's so young. One of the best all around players in the league, very very good point guard. Him and Ellis together kind of remind me of the Hardaway and Richmond Warriors combo back in the 90's, Hardaway and Curry are both good passing guards who can score at will and Mitch and Ellis are just all out scorers.

Fun team to watch especially with Ellis dropping 40 any night he feels like it, doing it in style too
Old 11-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #2335
Banned (ABWS)

OH ME OH MY!!!!!

This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #2336
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
haha yeah saw that last night on the highlights. Who knew Eric Gordon could do that
hotjoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #2337
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

So Orlando's game got canceled for the night?

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2010/...6081288735379/

Didn't Orlando's preseason game against Miami get canceled too?

Starting to think there's some kinda curse..
supers7n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #2338
Banned (BBM)

game is hacked
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #2339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
game is hacked
NBA 2k11? If so I agree. Man I finished my season on pro mode and won with the Lakers. Now I'm playing with the Heat on all star mode and the AI is freekin cheap. They hit unbelievable shots even with a hand in their face and its straight swishes. When rebounding I have 2 guys going for a rebound and the computer still gets it even though he's far way. Such BS this game is on the higher settings. Oh and I just love how the AI picks off your passes so easily but when you have a guy in the passing lane, it just sails by him
Old 11-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #2340

yea haha guys I'm neck deep in 2K11, literally HOOKED! on the MyPlayer mode, my routine for the last little while is come home straight from work and play until I go to bed I haven't nerded out this hardcore for a long timmme, making up for not playing any video games since I finished Gran Turismo Prologue over a year ago.

6'7 210lb shooting guard, Scoring, focusing on mid range and 3 point sliders, all I do is call for picks and work the baseline side to side and spot up drop jumpers all day just like in real life!

HotJoint yea most if not ALL games do that, the AI is always the same, the only thing that changes when you change the difficulty slider is they will score a lot more. This makes it sort of look like it's harder but in reality the AI acts and behaves exactly the same except they shoot a higher percentage, no matter if you got 4 hands in Rondos face he'll hit that long range 3 pointer just like he would in real life right ... lol

I'm going downstairs to play 2k11 for about an hour before I head off to open gym basketball, peace
Old 11-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #2341
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

I'm going downstairs to play 2k11 for about an hour before I head off to open gym basketball, peace
Where do you play?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #2342

Quote:

HotJoint yea most if not ALL games do that, the AI is always the same, the only thing that changes when you change the difficulty slider is they will score a lot more. This makes it sort of look like it's harder but in reality the AI acts and behaves exactly the same except they shoot a higher percentage, no matter if you got 4 hands in Rondos face he'll hit that long range 3 pointer just like he would in real life right ... lol
yup and I miss easy layups and banks off the backboard. They should make the AI smarter not unstoppable or invincible
Old 11-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #2343

Yea I know, they're still the smartest AI I ever played against though they really take advantage of size and the open man and also mismatches, sometimes I really feel like I'm playing online when going against the AI

Slicer I play at Bonsor on weekends Fridays when I don't work and Saturdays with my friends and wednesdays just casual shoot around at champlain rec to keep my jumper wet
Posted via RS Mobile
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #2344
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Are you guys adjusting the sliders for NBA 2K11?

Seriously when the sliders are adjusted properly it makes the game feel that much more realistic.

Check this forum out if you guys play 2K11 for PC, a lot good stuff going on there

http://forums.nba-live.com/
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #2345

My boy Kobe with a triple double last night... uh huh..that's right lol.

Who plays NBA 2K11 Online? ps3...this game is awesome.. I for sure play it more than nhl 2011 online...
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
Are you guys adjusting the sliders for NBA 2K11?

Seriously when the sliders are adjusted properly it makes the game feel that much more realistic.

Check this forum out if you guys play 2K11 for PC, a lot good stuff going on there

http://forums.nba-live.com/
I dont adjust any of the sliders. I just turn the difficulty up
Old 11-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #2347
Banned (ABWS)

LOL you guys gotta see this. My favourite team is Miami, and I'm only a LeBron fan now because I have to be, but this is fucking hilarious:

This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #2348
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
any raptors fans still around lol i feel like im the only one
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #2349

rofl..... at the end "Ohhhhh please touch my dick, ahhh you missed" !

bahahaha
Old 11-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #2350
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
any raptors fans still around lol i feel like im the only one
I'm still a raps fan, but only because I have to be....