REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #4451
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
For the foul to give to work, you have to foul early. By the time he made it to the elbow and started the drive, it was too late. In-the-act-of-shooting foul is 2 shots anyways.

Bron and Wade is stunned so they reversed back to playing hero ball instead of team ball. Deservedly so, somebody gotta stop the bleeding. The ball didn't went in and they lost.

Game 3 is important. I say whoever win Game 3 should win the series. If anything, Miami should be grateful that this loss came early in the series.
Uhhh yea.

The pass to Dirk was at the 8-10 second mark. Bosh had plenty of time to foul but instead Bosh waved his arms pointlessly and gave too much space. Jason Kidd ran 13 seconds off the clock before that too. STANDING still.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #4452
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Uhhh yea.

The pass to Dirk was at the 8-10 second mark. Bosh had plenty of time to foul but instead Bosh waved his arms pointlessly and gave too much space. Jason Kidd ran 13 seconds off the clock before that too. STANDING still.
Posted via RS Mobile
No need to discuss this further, fouling with one to give is so rarely done in the NBA (like the Full court press). Players aren't accustomed to it and often time when you try to do it, because of the lack of repetition there seems to be always some sort of cock up, plus there is a chance that the heat guys don't even know they have one to give. I didn't watch the game so I'm not sure if the play was out of a T/O, but if it wasn't theres a high chance they have no idea.

Plus it's Chris Bosh, he ain't exactly a Basketball Savant.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #4453
Banned By Establishment

Um...I often see the 'foul-to-give' being used in the NBA......
n3wb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #4454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
No need to discuss this further, fouling with one to give is so rarely done in the NBA (like the Full court press). Players aren't accustomed to it and often time when you try to do it, because of the lack of repetition there seems to be always some sort of cock up, plus there is a chance that the heat guys don't even know they have one to give. I didn't watch the game so I'm not sure if the play was out of a T/O, but if it wasn't theres a high chance they have no idea.

Plus it's Chris Bosh, he ain't exactly a Basketball Savant.
I don't know what kind of NBA you are watching. It's to the Heat's advantage, why won't they use it? Bosh and the rest of the team are just nervous and stunned because they can't believe Dallas came back. Last night looks exactly like the OKC game when they were up by 15 in the 4th quarter before Harden got fouled out.

Coaches, assistant coaches, maybe not ALL players, must know how many full timeouts, 20-sec timeouts, and fouls to give late in the game.

The Heat had no excuse last night.

It was a great game to watch though.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #4455
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

man miami was fucked up yesterday.

around 1-2 minutes left, fucking lebron was shooting sideway fadeaway long 2s and 3s. Wat the fuck!!! Drive in and try to draw foul or sth

Than last shot wade finally got the ball, dude takes a rush 3 point? wtf

it piss me off seening lebron being the point guard. WTF?

the dude cant dribble, yet he is the PG? are you kidding me?

we should rotate and let bosh be the PG too
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #4456
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,486 Times in 1,686 Posts
Hahah, Dallas comeback win in game 2! Clutch shot by Dirk while prima donna Bosh playing soft defense. Unbelievable Mavs win. The Heat had one foul to give, and didn't foul Dirk??? Mavericks D shut down the 2 1/2 men in the last 6 minutes of the game. Win it all in big D, boys!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #4457
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Doesn't matter the heat just gotta brush it off their shoulders no way in hell are the mavs gonna beat the heat.
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #4458
Banned By Establishment

Not going to be as easy as "brushing it off"....Next 3 games are in Dallas...I really think they need to steal 2 of those 3 games.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #4459
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wb View Post
Not going to be as easy as "brushing it off"....Next 3 games are in Dallas...I really think they need to steal 2 of those 3 games.
Right but I think it's too early to hit the panic button. The pressure is still on Dallas to win all 3 or face elimination games at Miami. Miami is more experienced and talented than OKC. I think they're alright.

And no need to fight over the foul to give. Yes people use it but not all the time. Just like you have a timeout but choose not to use it. The guy who caught the ball was Dirk. He could easily threw it up and it's 3 shots or 2 shots. FTs are automatic for Dirk. You have to take into account that. It's hard to decide to foul or not to foul the best shooter on the planet.

Gotta give credit to Dallas though. They're like an underdog fighter, waiting to throw that KO punch.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #4460
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post

Wade after the missed desperation three, lol.

edit:
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #4461
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post
man miami was fucked up yesterday.

around 1-2 minutes left, fucking lebron was shooting sideway fadeaway long 2s and 3s. Wat the fuck!!! Drive in and try to draw foul or sthThan last shot wade finally got the ball, dude takes a rush 3 point? wtf
LOL Lebron taking those 3's like that were pretty crazy.. I guess he just wanted to be the "hero" but failed big time lol

Kidd/Terry/Marion/Dirk/Chandler. This should be the mavs' starting 5 for the rest of the finals. They can't play "catch up" every game
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #4462
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
this year's playoffs seem like a total waste of time and straight up, fuck lebron james getting his first ring. chris bosh too. I can't say anything bad about dwayne wade because he's the only player on that team i respect. I just hope Dallas finds some redemption against Miami
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #4463
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
this year's playoffs seem like a total waste of time and straight up, fuck lebron james getting his first ring. chris bosh too. I can't say anything bad about dwayne wade because he's the only player on that team i respect. I just hope Dallas finds some redemption against Miami
Huh? A waste of time? WTF....?....
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #4464
Banned By Establishment

The Legend of Shaq Diesel

This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #4465

Pretty sick Dr.Dre commercial and soundtracks.

And exciting game too.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #4466
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Not to take away from Dallas but it's pretty clear that Miami has been dominating most of this series. They get easy baskets (dunks, layups) when Dallas has to rely on Dirk to make tough fade aways. The Mavs has been coming back but how many more comebacks more could they make? Teams don't dig themselves big holes and win championships. Not to mention, they are undermanned with Butler, Beaboius(sp?) and Haywood out.

I said the game 3 winner takes this series and I think Miami is taking this series.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #4467
Banned (ABWS)

I was shitting my pants in the 4th, as usual
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #4468
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Not to take away from Dallas but it's pretty clear that Miami has been dominating most of this series. They get easy baskets (dunks, layups) when Dallas has to rely on Dirk to make tough fade aways. The Mavs has been coming back but how many more comebacks more could they make? Teams don't dig themselves big holes and win championships. Not to mention, they are undermanned with Butler, Beaboius(sp?) and Haywood out.

I said the game 3 winner takes this series and I think Miami is taking this series.
+1

Miami did their job. Even if dallas wins the next 2, the series shifts back to miami. So the pressures back on dallas

Looks like a repeat of last years finals
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #4469
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
+1

Miami did their job. Even if dallas wins the next 2, the series shifts back to miami. So the pressures back on dallas

Looks like a repeat of last years finals
If Dallas wins the next 2, the pressure is without a doubt on Miami for game 6...They will have their backs against the wall holding on for dear life. Dallas is 50/50 with Miami on Miami's homecourt, so why should Miami feel any more comfortable at home?
Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #4470
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

awsome awsome game last night

d wade took over
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #4471
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

damn Dallas almost pulled up another upset
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #4472
BT
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Lebron and Wade just need to keep attacking and not settling for 3's and jumpers. They just need to keep being aggressive and the series will go their way. It seems like Dallas always has to settle for jumpers and outside shots and sure they'll make some but I think points in the paint is really what's gonna determine these games.
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #4473

June is such a winning month.

NBA, Canucks, NBA, Canucks, NBA, Canucks, NBA, Canucks, NBA, Canucks...
Old 06-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #4474
BT
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:

June's always my favourite month just cause both finals are happening together! Then begins the wait for the NFL season to kick off again
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #4475
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:

yep I'm happy that there isn't NBA and NHL on the same day, that would totally suck. Good job schedulers!
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote