REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Interegation at the border...

Last week I drove down to seatac to drop a friend off at the airport, because him and my other friends ( who were down there from the night before ) were going to florida. So any ways I drive down there, pick up the other guys from their cuzins house and drop em off. Coming back, at the border, the border patrol asked me Where did i go? im like i went to go drop off a friend at the airport and some of my other buddies. He's like a friend? or other buddies? I'm like a friend which i took over with me a few hours ago, and then the rest of my friends who were already there from the night before to the airport, and he kept asking the same question in like different ways. So this is at like 11 at night, im hella tired cuz I've had midterms and shit, so any how he tells me to go inside. So i go inside and the other officer starts asking me loads of questions, like whos car is it im like my aunt's, why don't you have your own car? im like actually i jus bought one today put the $500 deposit on it ( which she found the debit receipt for that in my wallet after so she knows im telling the truth ), as I was saying all this stuff she was writing stuff down, (she then gets a call from the officer outside who pulls me aside and I assume he told her that I was acting nervous. She's like have you ever taken any narcotics, im like no except for tylenol with codeine last week because of my injured leg, shes like have you ever taken steroids, Im like yes once becaause of that same injury to repair the muscle. Shes like am I going to find steroids in the car? im like no. shes like do you what we look for yeah, so she goes is there any reason in particular that you were so nervous? I'm like no to be honest I'm jus tired and he was inundating me with alotta of questions and repetitivly as well. So anyways she then comes n searches me goes through my wallet, goes through all my debit receipts and starts asking me why I withdrew $800 once and then 4 days later $800 again. I'm like cuz I bought a new phone and then the other money was for jus general spending. She goes when did you buy your phone? I'm like 2 weeks ago shes like thats funny these reciepts are from august, I'm like to be honest I was suprised you found those in there because I usually always give my debit receipts to my our family book keeper, these ones are pretty old as you can see, and I this is actually my old wallet, cuz I bought a cheap gucci one from china and it ript so I had to put my stuff back into my old one. Shes like okay anyways, they go search my car and find nothing. She comes back im sitting down, shes typing all this shit in the computer, while looking at my passport and my citizen card and then she calls me over, shes like has any one else your age had access to the vehicle? I'm like yeah my cuzin did. then she was like so its safe to say its been smoked up in ? (my cuzin had my car on the weekend and smoked up in it and had a cigar in it.) I febreezed the shit out of the vehicle but they still smelt it. I'm like yeah, and shes like okay you can go.

Now I don't have a criminal record or anything, I have been arrested and put in the drunk tank mistakenly in December, but they let me go in an hour when they realized I hadn't actually been drinking at all. The officer that arrested me even said your being normal and civil I'll let u go in a minute after I'm done with this guy, another officer took over and sent me there but any ways yeah.

So I'm wondering, Have they like flagged me in the computer at the border now? like im curious what she was typing in after she came back in from searching the car and before she called me back to the desk? maybe she put the car smelt like sum1 smoked up in it or something. I don't want to become the centre of attention every time I cross the border for nothing.
Advertisement
Prelude_driva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 4,079 Times in 295 Posts
you most likely got the extra attention because the Vehicle didnt belong to you or the vehicle had been flagged. Or they could have just not liked your mannerisms and thought you were hiding something.
socialenemy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude_driva View Post
I'm like yeah my cuzin did. then she was like so its safe to say its been smoked up in ? (my cuzin had my car on the weekend and smoked up in it and had a cigar in it.) I febreezed the shit out of the vehicle but they still smelt it. I'm like yeah, and shes like okay you can go.

There is your answer right there. If your car smells like weed of course they are going to search it. Any nervous behaviour isn't going to help you out either.

As far as you being thrown into the drunk tank, CBSA doesn't have any access to police records where that would be documented. I'm not sure how their records work, so I can't comment if you would be flagged.

Last edited by skidmark; 02-21-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
ive been asked to pull in, searched, and questioned to death way back when i first heard of krispy kreme.

i went down with 2 other friends in the car, and came back with 12 dozen boxes (2 boxes were mine, 2 each per friend, and 6 other boxes were for other friends that requested them)

they couldnt believe it, i told them i heard the rumours that one opened up in arlington. they couldnt accept a donut to believe me how good they were (legally not able to accept a donut as a gift as its cbsa rules). I know its a stupid reason, but what else do u do when ur 23 bored, and with 2 other buddies on a friday night!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
Not a mod

That was awesome. That's quote material right there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude_driva View Post
I have been arrested and put in the drunk tank mistakenly in December, but they let me go in an hour when they realized I hadn't actually been drinking at all.

Last edited by skidmark; 02-21-2009 at 07:18 AM.
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
They are called indicators. Things law enforcement looks for when searching for criminal behaviour and activity. I think that the other Cops here will agree that you exhibited just about 100% of the things to look for...everything from a 3rd party car to a story that keeps changing. I also would probably have detained you for further inspection. Not saying that you were guilty...just saying that you were acting suspiciously.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
racing & tech mod.

My buddy is a canadian customs agent - he told me that nothing will go on your record at the border unless they actually catch you with something illegal or catch you with an unclaimed purchase. If they interrogate you and let you go, nothing will go in the computer.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #8

So what actually pops up on the screens when they run your Passport/BirthCirtificate/Citizenship Card/ Drivers Licence???? Always wondered what kind of info they have there?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #9
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

It wasn't that my story was changing, its just that she kept going in depth. I've never smoked weed in my life lol. and to be honest they didnt smell it till after searching my car, I'm suprized they even smelt the smell cuz like I said i febreezed the shit out of the vehicle for a good 20 mins each day after that weekend and i thought it went away, obviously there noses are heella lot more sensitive than ours. So if they don't catch you with anything, your clean?
Prelude_driva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:50 PM   #10
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
There are times it just doesn't pay to tell the truth...

Many years ago, when I wasn't working and my wife worked an early (3am) shift, my mom gave me her Shell gas card and told me to get the car filled up so my wife would have gas for the week. Well, my buddy and I, being night owls, decided to take a drive and gas up cheap in Blaine.

We got across the border RIGHT AT midnight... and found the Shell there closed. So we decided to continue on the Bellingham, where there was (dunno if there is anymore) a 24-hour Shell.

When coming back through the border, the conversation with the Canada Customs dork went something like this:

"Citizenship?"
"Canadian."
"Where do you both live?"
"Vancouver."
"How long have you been away?"
"About an hour."
"Total value of goods purchased?"
"Just a tank of gas."
"...uh, it takes you an hour to get gas?"
"Well, we went to Bellingham."
"...you always go all the way to Bellingham for gas??"
"Well, I have a Shell gas card, and the Shell in Blaine was closed when we got across the border..." (duh, Blaine rolls up the sidewalks at midnight, he shoulda known this).

So our rent-a-cop pondered for a few seconds, and then directed us off to the side, and my buddy and I stood out in the cold October wind for almost an hour while they checked our IDs and went through every nook and cranny of the car... and all I could think the whole time was that if we were late getting back for my wife to go to work, heads would roll at Canada Customs.

Of course, I could have just lied and told them we stopped at Denny's for pie and coffee, and everything would have been fine... but NOOOOooooo, I had to be HONEST...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:01 AM   #11
RS Peace Officer

"There are times it just doesn't pay to tell the truth..."

So, you married too???? Even IF it DOES make her butt look big, repeat after me...NO DEAR, you look beautiful !
Old 02-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
"There are times it just doesn't pay to tell the truth..."

So, you married too????
Almost 19 years...

Quote:
Even IF it DOES make her butt look big, repeat after me...NO DEAR, you look beautiful !
Well of course! Figured that one out a LONG time (and many bruises) ago.
Quote:
Old 02-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #13
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
soundy, i think they know how long you were gone. pretty sure they keep a record of when you pass into the states and when you come back. i could be wrong though =o

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #14
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
soundy, i think they know how long you were gone. pretty sure they keep a record of when you pass into the states and when you come back. i could be wrong though =o
that's why they're not believing him, they think that he was up to something instead of spending 1 hour just to get a tank of gas.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
Well, this was about a dozen years ago, so I don't know if their systems were linked (the Canadian guys would have to get that info from the US side)... but the point is, they didn't seem to believe I would go all the way to Bellingham just to gas up, but they would have believed it if I'd said we'd just gone to Denny's.
Quote:
Old 02-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #16
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Well, this was about a dozen years ago, so I don't know if their systems were linked (the Canadian guys would have to get that info from the US side)... but the point is, they didn't seem to believe I would go all the way to Bellingham just to gas up, but they would have believed it if I'd said we'd just gone to Denny's.
how do you know if they would've believed you if you went to denny's? i'm no cop but i would then wonder why you went to the states for denny's when you have it in canada. you'd be wasting gas for food you could've gotten in your backyard.
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:37 AM   #17

Because even today, it's cheaper to go across to Blaine for gas. Heck, back then, even with the exchange, it was cheaper to drive from Burnaby across to Blaine to get gas, than it was to gas up down the block from home. So at that point, why WOULDN'T I stop at Denny's for coffee?

Hell, we used to drive to Denny's in Seattle just for something to do... food and coffee was identical to the Denny's here, but it was something to do.
Quote:
Old 02-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #18
RS Peace Officer

Back in dinosaur days when I lived in a border town back east we used to go across the border for lots of minor purchases....specially when we knew the daytime-only border crossings were closed. The signs told you to drive to the next manned 24 hr crossing (riiiiiighhht!) and report in there instead. Over for cheaper gas...also Sunoco 105 worked better in hi performance engines...and US beer was really cheaper than Cdn stuff. Candy bars, pizza, movies, car/motorcycle parts...all way cheaper in the US.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #19
HELP ME PLS!!!

they'll question you for everything, even if you have a purpose.
when i was working in blaine i got through the borders no problem. but my assistant would always get held at the border....once for 3hrs. after a few days of this, he had to quit. after he got questioned n released and came in, his shirt has MASSIVE pit stains on em!!

This is in spite of having the proper paperwork!

I think that would be oneof those times when a nexus pass more than pays for itself.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #20
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Just a side note to the border topic,

My wife just got her BC DL renewed with the new security features (as of march 2) and the clerk informed us that they are working on a new enhanced DL to be released later this year for border crossings, but this one wouldn't be accepted. So, we will have two new DL's issued in one year.
03terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #21

On a side note, I read in the paper that Aldergrove Crossing CBSA pepper sprayed a couquitlam man and detained him for 3 hours for not complying with the agent. The man kept telling the agent to say "please" when the agent asked him to shut off his engine.

It was also not the first time that the man has had problems crossing the border and in regards to him demanding good manners from the agents.

Moral of the story dont mess with people who can easily control your fate.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #22
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03terminator View Post
Just a side note to the border topic,

My wife just got her BC DL renewed with the new security features (as of march 2) and the clerk informed us that they are working on a new enhanced DL to be released later this year for border crossings, but this one wouldn't be accepted. So, we will have two new DL's issued in one year.

I have one of the EDL's. they are quite handy. speed up the process a fair bit as the border guard doesn't have to enter anything manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialenemy69 View Post
On a side note, I read in the paper that Aldergrove Crossing CBSA pepper sprayed a couquitlam man and detained him for 3 hours for not complying with the agent. The man kept telling the agent to say "please" when the agent asked him to shut off his engine.

It was also not the first time that the man has had problems crossing the border and in regards to him demanding good manners from the agents.

Moral of the story dont mess with people who can easily control your fate.
it was a US border guard that did the pepper spraying, not a CBSA.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #23
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Obviously he didn't learn his lesson. I bet the border guard probably saw on the computer that he was detained for 3 hours before so that's why he asked him to turn off the car. Don't know if that info is available to the border guy though.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #24
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
Obviously he didn't learn his lesson. I bet the border guard probably saw on the computer that he was detained for 3 hours before so that's why he asked him to turn off the car. Don't know if that info is available to the border guy though.
Obviously you didn't read the replies in this thread very carefully...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #25
I am Hook'd on RS

Just be glad they didnt take apart your veihcle and not put it back together when they were done..
Lenzin is offline   Reply With Quote