REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 02-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
Unauthourized Spammer

Dom Rebel collection

what you guys think of the new spring 09 Dom Rebel collection?

what's your favorite collection?

personally i like the royal army collection the best and sands of sin. i was kinda disappointed with the spring 09 collection. i was expecting more instead of all this recycled stuff.
Advertisement
rickross888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I'm not really a big fan, I was hoping for something a little more simple. I was looking forward to picking up a couple of the hats, but none of the Boy's Co's received any.

Here's a picture of my current collection...

It's missing two hoodies and another Swarovski shirt.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
Unauthourized Spammer

^nice collection.
how do you wash your Swarovski crystal shirt? which hoodies do you have? i just got a white one with Swarovski on it today don't know how to go about washing it. i'll need to know since it's white haha
Old 02-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanzzz View Post
I'm not really a big fan, I was hoping for something a little more simple. I was looking forward to picking up a couple of the hats, but none of the Boy's Co's received any.

Here's a picture of my current collection...

It's missing two hoodies and another Swarovski shirt.
holly shit
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #5

I actually tossed my shirt in the wash inside out and used the gentle cycle. I figured that if the gentle cycle is good enough for silk and satin then my shirt should survive. My shirt also smelt like it was sitting in a warehouse for months so I wanted to give it a good wash. I wouldn't do that with one of the new hoodies though because the fabric is heavier, the crystals are grouped closer together and the hoodies cost around $700+. On my tag it said "shirts with crystals must be dry cleaned or washed by hand only, then layed flat to dry." If your willing to invest $700+ on a hoodie I would just spend an extra $20 or so to have it professionally dry cleaned.

I just have the hoodies that were released in December.

Oh, I don't really have a favorite collection, I just want all the Angel Wing shirts in every color and from every collection, especially the Lust & Desire Collection.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #6
noob

not really too familiar with dom rebel brand so enlighten me a little. is this just another phase from the ed hardy, christian dior explosion. How different is it from Dussault?
All this reminds me of the illegal gangsta wear outlawed from being worn inside clubs.
Don't shoot me for saying this but this is the stuff all the gangster rock. Don't see why paying 7 bills for a hoodie is practical considering it costs 10 bucks to make.
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #7

I'm not too familiar with the history of the brand myself, as I just started buying/collecting their shirts about two years ago. From what I know Dom Rebel has been around since 2003, long before Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier, back then the designs were different and had a whole different audience. From what I've heard/read the brand was alot more scarce, and made in even smaller qualities, which made it a bit of a collection item.

Nowadays, the brand is alot easier to purchase, and has become associated with brands like Ed Hardy, CA and Xtreme Couture, I guess because a couple of their past collections have involved skulls.

I fell in love with the brand because their shirts are different, and a couple of the designs/messages remind me of a couple Missimo shirts I owned in Elementary school. The brand is also made in Canada and only available at the beginning of each and every season.

The reason why the hoodies cost so much is because their detailed with dozens of hand mounted Swarovski crystals. They aren't rhinestones that are glued on like Ed Hardy, every crystal is actually attached with a clasp on the inside of the shirt to hold it in place.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
RS controls my life!

art gallery FTW
nathaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Out of all those brands (eg, edhardy, ca, etc) dom rebel is probably the best. I've actually looked into buying a winged shirt or one of their new art gallery shirts, but I don't want to give off an image of just another 15 year old with "gangster" clothing.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathaniel View Post
art gallery FTW
Do you have a brother?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #11
HELP ME PLS!!!

Impressive collection beanzzz. I used to love dom rebel, i started buying their tshirts from the collection devil music, and each one after that, such as "sands of sin" i had bought a lot of their shirts. I even had the "fuck pink" tshirt with all the swarovski crystals. I think since last year i had a total of like 15 tshirts? Now i have like 5 left. lol I agree with beanzzz their products were made in much more smaller quantities, and the only people that knew the brand well would buy it. But then they got mass produced and I guess just like every other brand, people started noticing them and by the time you knew it, everyone had one.

I sold all 10 of my shirts either to friends or on ebay. I bought my fuck pink one for 200 and sold it for $400 which is much better than i expected. Plus I grew out of the phase. I don't even remember the last time i wore my dom rebel..
Old 02-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #12
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Do you have a brother?
yes.
nathaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #13
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Could i put my shirt in the wash/dryer? it doesnt have the crystals.. dont like handwashing clothes cause i wanna make sure they get a good wash.. looking for an answer from somebody whos done it before..
yousername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousername View Post
Could i put my shirt in the wash/dryer? it doesnt have the crystals.. dont like handwashing clothes cause i wanna make sure they get a good wash.. looking for an answer from somebody whos done it before..
yes, it'll be fine
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:01 PM   #15
Unauthourized Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousername View Post
yea u can. i just put it in the wash and sometimes just hang dry it especially the shirts that have foils.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #16
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathaniel View Post
art gallery FTW
Yeah Brah I have the 1st Edition Art Gallery Shirts way better than Bad Habits and the other shit.
WHEYsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #17
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets View Post
not really too familiar with dom rebel brand so enlighten me a little. is this just another phase from the ed hardy, christian dior explosion. How different is it from Dussault?
All this reminds me of the illegal gangsta wear outlawed from being worn inside clubs.
Don't shoot me for saying this but this is the stuff all the gangster rock. Don't see why paying 7 bills for a hoodie is practical considering it costs 10 bucks to make.
It started out in Montreal. By some Vietnamese guy and some white guy. It started off pretty small and has gotten quite popular lately.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #18
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

wow thats a nice collection

i have a few, and i love them!

Put this on your profile if you know someone who has
died of
Cancer or whom maybe suffering from it.
----///-\\\----
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---
azn_boix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:50 AM   #19
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I have 3 items from Dom Rebel, planning to sell one of them and get a better t-shirt.
I love their exclusive collection
Dom Rebel!!
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #20
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

i love royal army, im still hunting for a pimp my buddha shirt..
vietx6o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #21
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^^ lol there's someone selling a pimp my buddha shirt on the fashion b.s
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #22

I Dom Rebel

starting to build a collection, nowhere near the size of beanzzz collection though yet

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #23

You can add the Atelier Flowers, the Signature Hat in black and the Signature Hat in white to my collection.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #24
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
You can add the Atelier Flowers, the Signature Hat in black and the Signature Hat in white to my collection.

i just got the atelier flowers and i love it!

Put this on your profile if you know someone who has
died of
Cancer or whom maybe suffering from it.
----///-\\\----
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---
azn_boix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_boix View Post
i just got the atelier flowers and i love it!
+1! The Atelier Flowers and the Swarovski Skull Foil are currently my two favorites right now. Did you order yours from the website or did you find it instore? When the collection was released none of the Boys CO locations carried it, and I was hoping to be one of the only people too have it in Vancouver.