REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   intake help.. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565996-intake-help.html)

J-Wangsta 02-25-2009 10:31 AM

intake help..

i bought a AEM short ram intake for a 2002 civic lx... and as i was installing it.. i realized the blower rubber tube that links to the engine is too short.... and the the clip that connects to the O2 sensor doesnt reach... and yes... the intake is made for my car...have any of you ran into this problem? what should i do???

jack_dangerous 02-25-2009 10:49 AM

take a picture

thumper 02-25-2009 11:13 AM

did you buy it locally? lordco sells aem? maybe they have something to fix it.

J-Wangsta 02-25-2009 11:29 AM

yah.. i bought it locally.. ill post pics a lil later

thumper 02-25-2009 12:31 PM

store bought? maybe they can help u?

illicitstylz 02-25-2009 12:32 PM

just use the stock tubes, then take the ones that are from the intake and use them to extend the stock tubes.

anti-vip 02-25-2009 06:28 PM

hhhmmmm i thought o2 sensor is in the exhaust..........

J-Wangsta 02-26-2009 02:00 AM

^ nah.. the O2 sensor is in the intake.. it tells the ecu how much air flow is being sucked in to the manifold; thus, determining the amount of fuel needed for the correct air/fuel ratio.. soo that being said... my car is running realllllly rich!! =(

J-Wangsta 02-26-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illicitstylz (Post 6300406)
just use the stock tubes, then take the ones that are from the intake and use them to extend the stock tubes.

huh? what do you mean??

fuck.. would be easier if i could get some pics posted.. my camera is fucked right now.... should be able to get some pics up tmr??

TOPEC 02-26-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g_i_g_g_i_t_y (Post 6301051)
hhhmmmm i thought o2 sensor is in the exhaust..........

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Wangsta (Post 6301897)
^ nah.. the O2 sensor is in the intake.. it tells the ecu how much air flow is being sucked in to the manifold; thus, determining the amount of fuel needed for the correct air/fuel ratio.. soo that being said... my car is running realllllly rich!! =(

it's called a MAF sensor. it measures air flow and temperature.

!SG 02-26-2009 08:18 AM

thats a MAF (mass air flow) sensor. the 02 sensor is on the exhaust end.

If i remember correctly, ur intake manifold sits near the firewall towards the back of the engine. it also points up or downwards. the intake kit should come with an elbow. the wires go the MAF sensor should stretch, you may need to unclip it from its tucked location to make it reach. OR you have the intake installed backwards thus the location of the sensor is too far, so flip that intake tube around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Wangsta (Post 6301897)

Leopold Stotch 02-26-2009 08:29 PM

iirc yours t body is facing upwards towards the sky and the maf plug is coming from the driver side. there should be something zapping it to the engine so just snip it and it should reach.

it's D17 right?

GordonTse 02-26-2009 09:18 PM

i think you guys are getting too technical with him, since he said the o2 sensor is on the intake, lol..

anti-vip 02-27-2009 06:23 AM

just wanna avoid confusions......

Berzerker 02-27-2009 07:42 AM

That thing doesnt even need to be plugged into the intake bro. Just let it hang in the bay. All it does is measure the intake air temperature. It is NOT an O2 sensor it is an Intake Air Temperature sensor. Just dont let it hang and touch your motor or it will give a false reading because it will think its really hot outside.

Berz out.

Expresso 02-27-2009 11:05 AM

why was this moved outta tech? lol

Speed2K 02-27-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Wangsta (Post 6300233)
i bought a AEM short ram intake for a 2002 civic lx... and as i was installing it.. i realized the blower rubber tube that links to the engine is too short.... and the the clip that connects to the O2 sensor doesnt reach... and yes... the intake is made for my car...have any of you ran into this problem? what should i do???

Take everything apart and re-read the instructions. AEM should fit properly. Maybe ask someone to help you.

J-Wangsta 03-01-2009 12:54 PM

haha.. lol its not too technical.. my bad about the O2 sensor placement lol... the intake didnt come with instructions.. anyway.. thanks for all of your comments and advice... it works now... turns out when i was taking the MAF sensor outta my stock intake.. i pushed one of the pins down thats why my CEL was on.. soo all i had to do was push it back up and now it clips on perfectly!
so damn loud when im its @ really high RPM lol...=P

hk20000 03-01-2009 01:00 PM

on a Honda it's a MAP sensor.....which should be somewhere on the throttle body.