REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   think i got flagged down.... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/566044-think-i-got-flagged-down.html)

46_valentinor 02-25-2009 07:20 PM

think i got flagged down....

so i made a right turn onto westbroadway, while another car facing me also made a left turn. the car didn't follow his lines and ended up in lane number 2, while i was forced into lane number 1 which is a carpool lane. At this time i knew i had to cut back into lane number 2 cause there were park cars ahead of me and i shouldn't even be in this lane from the beginning. However the light in front of me was red and the car who turned into lane 2 and i were side by side, i tried to slow down but since the light was red he was slowing down too. So i ended up creeping at say 3 km/h waiting for him to pass me so i can cut back in and i did. After i was back in lane 2 i checked my mirrors and i see a white focus with amber lights flashing at where i was when i was still trying to cut back in. At this point traffic came to a complete stop and i was about 5 car lengths away from where i was before and i still see the focus's amber lights flashing. I honestly didn't see him and i wasn't driving in the carpool lane on purpose and i was only in that lane for a distance of around 5-7 car lengths...what should i do right now? is it a very bad offense for driving away from focus like that?

sho_bc 02-25-2009 07:26 PM

Does your car not have amber lights that flash? Say, your 4-ways? Or are you talking about a city vehicle with an amber lightbar on the roof? I wouldn't be too worried, personally, as a city vehicle isn't an emergency vehicle that you need to stop for.

Five-Oh 02-25-2009 07:28 PM

If the lights were amber I would see that it is not a police car and you have nothing to worry about.

46_valentinor 02-25-2009 07:37 PM

it was a white ford focus with the amber lightbar on the roof. will he be able to give me a ticket with only my license plate? i received a probation letter from icbc 2 months ago until i get my class 5, i've been driving extremely safe to the point where my friends are actually commenting me about it. i really didn't see the focus and if i saw it i wouldn't have ran away in purpose knowing that im on probation....

skidmark 02-25-2009 08:11 PM

You have a legal justification for doing what you did. If you hadn't moved into the carpool lane there would have been a collision. Once it was safe to do so, you got back out. I don't think we can ask for better than that.

jackmeister 02-25-2009 09:27 PM

its a city vehicle right?

i think the amber light is on when they drive because they pull over all too often to give PARKING tickets.