REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Recommend Me a Tumbler/Uber Travel Mug Thing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/566798-recommend-me-tumbler-uber-travel-mug-thing.html)

+Kardboard+ 03-08-2009 07:13 AM

Yes, and only a one-and-a-half twist. It's crazy sealed, very well done. The only gripe that I have with it is I sometimes had coffee flying out the spout (like a few drops) if I release the button on it right as I take my mouth off lol Bad timing and no appreciation for physics and pressures. :p

!SG 03-08-2009 08:47 AM

for me, im always misplacing them, or damaging them, so im just buying the el cheapo tumblers because they seem to get replaced almost once a month =/

nipples 03-09-2009 03:39 AM

^ i'll buy you those librarian eyeglass strings so you can never lose it if you're willing to share the cost of the set of tumblers with me ;)

keitaro 03-15-2009 01:21 PM

Sigg got nice thermal bottles

http://www.mysigg.com/index.asp?Page...TS&Category=22

!SG 03-15-2009 02:03 PM

geeee thanx! sure makes much easier work than the huge Mr T chain ive been using all this time =P I pitty da fool that loses their coffee!

i got another 2 tumblers as a gift from christmas, so i think im good til at least summer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipples (Post 6319705)
^ i'll buy you those librarian eyeglass strings so you can never lose it if you're willing to share the cost of the set of tumblers with me ;)

JHatta 03-21-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6313735)
You want the blue one? There was only Blue and Silver.

http://www.uncrate.com/men/gear/trav...p-contigo-mug/

thats the little guy right thur.

Berz out.

those are cool, just missing a handle...

DeeK 03-23-2009 12:50 AM

Kardboard, those mugs are awesome! Just make sure you wash it REALLY good, they are a pain in the ass to wash. You end up tasting soap for weeks too if you don't rinse it for like 15 minutes... uggg. Otherwise completely awesome.

+Kardboard+ 03-23-2009 01:16 AM

That's the thing I'm discovering now...just what is the best way to wash them? Soak them in soapy water? :(

DeeK 03-23-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ (Post 6343173)
That's the thing I'm discovering now...just what is the best way to wash them? Soak them in soapy water? :(

For the lid:
Soak em for like 20 minutes in super super hot soapy water, when you rinse be sure to press the button like 123894719023 times to get water in and out of it. Also, don't use anything other than dishsoap, or you will taste it for weeks.

The body is pretty straight forward.

+Kardboard+ 03-23-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeK (Post 6344778)
For the lid:
Soak em for like 20 minutes in super super hot soapy water, when you rinse be sure to press the button like 123894719023 times to get water in and out of it. Also, don't use anything other than dishsoap, or you will taste it for weeks.

The body is pretty straight forward.

Great minds think alike.

I already did that after getting home from work! kekekekekekekeke~

Oops, sorry, listening to the Gee album I just got today from the postman HAHAHAHAHA :haha:

Shun Izaki 03-24-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ (Post 6314589)
LOL post fail. :lol

I think i had to take a call and submitted the post anyways :P

Enecsver 04-01-2009 06:18 PM

try using the expresso machine coffee cleaner thing. I don't know the brand but its a powdery substance. If you are a frequent customer of a small coffee shop, i am sure they would clean yours for free for you. I go to the grind coffee shop everyday, and they are willingly to clean it for me when I ask, usually about once a month!

DragonChi 04-01-2009 06:23 PM

zellers sells these keg style mugs, i think it was in one of those ICBC bad driving commercials too.

they're pretty pimp.

http://www.outdoorgb.com/pi/eskimo/K...Mini_black.jpg

+Kardboard+ 04-01-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enecsver (Post 6359936)
try using the expresso machine coffee cleaner thing. I don't know the brand but its a powdery substance. If you are a frequent customer of a small coffee shop, i am sure they would clean yours for free for you. I go to the grind coffee shop everyday, and they are willingly to clean it for me when I ask, usually about once a month!

I love the Grind, but I don't get to go there too often, and parking's annoying there. :p

DragonChi: That looks kinda cute LOL... but utterly hopeless in a cupholder hahah

+Kardboard+ 01-07-2010 12:52 PM

DAMMIT.

So I just dropped my Contigo mug hard and it's busted now. No dents, but the Autoseal mechanism doesn't, uh, auto-seal any more.

Any one see them being sold locally any more? I know that Costco no longer carries them and will not in the future, after I called their local offices to check a while back when I wanted to buy one as a b-day gift.

Greenstoner 01-07-2010 01:05 PM

try Chapters' , they have many neat stuff there too.. almost every items are discounted !!!

bcrdukes 01-07-2010 07:08 PM

Go to T&T

Look for a brand by the name of "Timolino."

Bye!

+Kardboard+ 01-07-2010 07:17 PM

lol fob fail hahahahah :lol

Klobbersaurus 01-07-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ (Post 6759190)
DAMMIT.

So I just dropped my Contigo mug hard and it's busted now. No dents, but the Autoseal mechanism doesn't, uh, auto-seal any more.

Any one see them being sold locally any more? I know that Costco no longer carries them and will not in the future, after I called their local offices to check a while back when I wanted to buy one as a b-day gift.

costco still carries them, i saw a bunch of them the other day at richmond bridgeport

+Kardboard+ 01-07-2010 11:39 PM

You sure it's not the kids one? They still stock the plastic kids ones, but not the stainless steel ones.

But I'll go check, thanks! :)

Klobbersaurus 01-09-2010 12:16 AM

yea its the regular one, i have the same mug, i think the burnaby one had some also, they have the purple and red ones

+Kardboard+ 01-09-2010 12:26 AM

Burnaby which one? Still Creek or the Lougheed one? Wait, does the Lougheed one still exist? XD

Time to get me a purple one LOL

+Kardboard+ 01-09-2010 11:13 AM

At Still Creek now, and they don't have it. Heck, they don't even have mugs. Wtf?
Posted via RS Mobile

+Kardboard+ 01-09-2010 11:20 AM

Never mind, they found it for me. Lots at Still Creek, $19.99 for two, blue + silver, red + silver, green + silver available.
Posted via RS Mobile

Grandmaster TSE 01-12-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ (Post 6762332)
Never mind, they found it for me. Lots at Still Creek, $19.99 for two, blue + silver, red + silver, green + silver available.
Posted via RS Mobile

time to go get one
unless you want to sell me your other one :thumbsup: