REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 03-05-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Dining in Seattle

Hey guys, I'm heading down to Seattle this Saturday, so I'll need to check out a few restaurants while I'm there. I'm open to anything as long as it's good and affordable. By affordable, something like $10/head for lunch, and $20/head for dinner.

Thanks!
Advertisement

Last edited by willystyle; 03-05-2009 at 04:00 AM.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:23 AM   #2
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

http://www.baguettebox.com/ truffle fries are really good. if they have it, the pork belly sammich is highly recommended.

paseos
4225 Fremont Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103, United States
(206) 545-7440‎
i've never been to paseos but it's supposed to be just as good as baguette box if not better. with more of a carribean theme

crab pot, it's on the docks. a few minutes walk from pike market. all about the seafeast. they just steam up a pile of seafood and dump it on your table and you proceed to mallet ftw.
http://www.pier57seattle.com/cptmenu.html

depending on how heavy you want lunch there are a few really nice bakeries.
http://www.lepanier.com/products.htm it's right by pike market and kick ass. a few blocks from the O.G. starbucks.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:06 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

One on my hit list that I haven't tried yet is Alligator Soul in Everett. Their menu looks great and reviews are positive, just have never found myself stopping in Everett. If you want to try some tasty (and relatively pricy) doughnuts, be sure to check out Top Pot in Seattle. They make more cake style doughnuts versus others, so you either love it or hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
http://www.baguettebox.com/ truffle fries are really good. if they have it, the pork belly sammich is highly recommended.
Truffle fries, pork belly with hoysin baguette, lemongrass steak baguette

Lemongrass steak baguette, braised red wine pork shoulder baguette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
paseos
4225 Fremont Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103, United States
(206) 545-7440‎
i've never been to paseos but it's supposed to be just as good as baguette box if not better. with more of a carribean theme
Marinated grilled chicken breast sandwich (so good I forgot to take a pic til it was half finished)

ARGH!!! This thread makes me want to go on a Seattle sandwich escape!!!

Last edited by jlo mein; 03-05-2009 at 06:29 AM.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Salad makes me squirt ranch dressing. Only half of that is an analogy.

Cheesecake factory

700 Pike St
Seattle, WA 98101

(206) 652-5400‎
[jsx] sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
theres a place called worlds best chili or something like that. I saw it on diners, driveins and dives and it looks just awesome!!!
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #6
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
http://mikeschiliparlor.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfCMw28qXAU
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ WOW, that looks awesome.. I think I should check that out.. lol
Old 03-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #8
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Crab Pot has my vote! I went there for lunch and it was pretty good, some Super Smash Bros going on in there haha it's Hammer Time! Can't touch this (snow crab)!

I was planning to go Red Lobster for dinner later than evening but I was still 'feeling' that we had too much seafood so we went to Cheesecake Factory instead. There's also this Japanese style Uncle Willy's that you can try, I think it's called ToDai, but I haven't heard anything great from there so ... yeah you have been warned haha

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #9

protip: when traveling it's not that hot of an idea to have a big ass serving of chili if you're gonna be hanging around seattle for a few hours after that and then driving home. especially if you're talking greasy something + chili slathered on top with a mound of melted cheese.

besides the HAHA i farted part of it which isn't that funny if it's constant gas in a car. you really don't want a case of the "i gotta shits" on the way home on the highway.

although i will go out of my way to mike's chili parlor next time i'm in town for the weekend.

obsideon: have you been to red lobster before? after crab pot, going to red lobster is like eating dicks. just too much butter and deep fried with lower quality seafood.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #10
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [jsx] sky View Post
Cheesecake factory

700 Pike St
Seattle, WA 98101

(206) 652-5400‎
Only if you want cheesecake as their food is pretty horrible. but that's just me

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Whenever I go back down to Bellevue, I stop by either Malaysian Satay Hut or Dixie's BBQ.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #12
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Only if you want cheesecake as their food is pretty horrible. but that's just me
I went there for dinner with my ex because it was on the other side of our hotel (Grand Hyatt) and we thought the food wasn't bad. It doesn't scream awesome but it wasn't horrible either.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #13
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
You think Cheesecake Factory's food is horrible? I can name at least 5 chain restaurants here in the Lower Mainland that has MUCH crappier food.

Cheesecake Factory is pretty decent.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #14

Cheesecake is pretty good actually
portions are big and food is pretty good

i'd go back actually
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #15

Elephant and Castle in downtown seattle
1415 5th Ave
Seattle

pretty decent pub food
Old 03-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #16
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with winson604. Cheesecake Factory is what an American stereotype lives up to be. Good value for the amount you pay with large portions. Granted, not everybodys palate is the same. The food isn't overly terrible, but it's one of those places in my checklist of "Do Not Want" as I find the portions to be alarmingly too large for my personal liking to the point where its noticeably quantity over quality. Having said that, their cheesecakes are about the only thing worth trying out but not something to cry over about if you didn't have some on your trip.

As for Red Lobster, again, I found that it did not live up to its hype. It's okay to go once just to say you've been to Red Lobster.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 03-07-2009 at 01:41 PM.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #17

theres a restaurant in seattle.. i forget whats it called but mario batali's dad owns it
Old 03-07-2009, 03:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann1984 View Post
theres a restaurant in seattle.. i forget whats it called but mario batali's dad owns it
Salumi. Unfortunately it's not open when the OP is going to be in Seattle (Salumi is open Tuesday-Friday 11am-4pm). It's not really a restaurant, more of a cured meat shop with sandwiches, but is a must eat place if it's open. Note that Baguette Box sells a Salumi baguette if you can't make it to Salumi itself.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
Salumi. Unfortunately it's not open when the OP is going to be in Seattle (Salumi is open Tuesday-Friday 11am-4pm). It's not really a restaurant, more of a cured meat shop with sandwiches, but is a must eat place if it's open. Note that Baguette Box sells a Salumi baguette if you can't make it to Salumi itself.
sweet thanks a lot man

too bad its not a restaurant haha
or else would love to try THE batali cuisines
Old 03-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #20
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I'm going to have to agree with winson604. Cheesecake Factory is what an American stereotype lives up to be. Good value for the amount you pay with large portions. Granted, not everybodys palate is the same. The food isn't overly terrible, but it's one of those places in my checklist of "Do Not Want" as I find the portions to be alarmingly too large for my personal liking to the point where its noticeably quantity over quality. Having said that, their cheesecakes are about the only thing worth trying out but not something to cry over about if you didn't have some on your trip.

As for Red Lobster, again, I found that it did not live up to its hype. It's okay to go once just to say you've been to Red Lobster.
Haha yea I finally tried Red Lobster for the first time when I went to Disney Land 2 years ago and it didn't live up to the hype. I remember always seeing their damn commercials as a kid and it looked so good. I mean it wasn't horrible but it wasn't dope either. But your rite now I can say I've had it.

willystyle - Yes I can name tons of chains or other places in Vancouver that are more horrible as well but Cheesecake Factory is still not good food by any means. But like anything else to each their own. Even if there was a restaurant where 8 out of 10 people think are gross there will still be 2 out of 10 that love it and go every day. In this case it seems most of you think Cheesecake is good and I'm one of the few that thinks it's gross.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #21
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Haha yea I finally tried Red Lobster for the first time when I went to Disney Land 2 years ago and it didn't live up to the hype. I remember always seeing their damn commercials as a kid and it looked so good. I mean it wasn't horrible but it wasn't dope either. But your rite now I can say I've had it.

willystyle - Yes I can name tons of chains or other places in Vancouver that are more horrible as well but Cheesecake Factory is still not good food by any means. But like anything else to each their own. Even if there was a restaurant where 8 out of 10 people think are gross there will still be 2 out of 10 that love it and go every day. In this case it seems most of you think Cheesecake is good and I'm one of the few that thinks it's gross.
Well, I don't think it's good, but I don't think it's gross either.

I've been wanting to try Salumi in Seattle, unfortunately, their business hours are a little inconvenient, so I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

Has anyone tried it?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #22
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann1984 View Post
Cheesecake is pretty good actually
portions are big and food is pretty good

i'd go back actually
Almost every restaurant in the states serves larger portions than we're used to. Overweight Americans ftw!

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #23

grill cheese sandwich, ruben type of food for lunch, its on same street as pike market near the begining of market street. Right next to fish and chip place. I dont remember the place's name though. You sit around the kitchen on bar stool while they make your sandwich.

Also an Italian restaurant on roof top in front of pike market too. It has rooftop and indoor dining (very european). Live music or performance daily. Also one day of the week it has burlesque show. Food was great. Again, I don't remember the name cuz I stumbled upon it while talking to a group of partying MILFs.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #24
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Almost every restaurant in the states serves larger portions than we're used to. Overweight Americans ftw!
Yeah I would have to agree to this. The portion size seems to get bigger the further u head towards Midwest into states like Texas.

I've been to a few Vietnamese restaurants in Cali where their Lemongrass Chicken on Rice comes in 3 huge pieces of Chicken sides. That's unheard of here.

Anyways, back on top, any others out there?
Old 03-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Well, I don't think it's good, but I don't think it's gross either.

I've been wanting to try Salumi in Seattle, unfortunately, their business hours are a little inconvenient, so I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

Has anyone tried it?
i managed to get there about 30 minutes before closing a few years ago. they didn't have any hot food left and just hooked us up with a 'normal' cold cuts and cheese platter. because we were last ones in they also gave us just a ton of misc cold cuts. the extras lasted all weekend and made for great drunken munchies.

if i'm ever in town at the right time that's one of my definite must hits. i'd love to actually have their lunch. supposed to be a line up out the door every day.