REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/autobody-lighting-structural-tech_192/)
-   -   Lighting for Acura Integra Help (https://www.revscene.net/forums/568833-lighting-acura-integra-help.html)

rexsomnii 03-19-2009 07:26 AM

Lighting for Acura Integra Help

Straight to the problem,

The headlights are weird, so my DRL's are running and my my left one is brighter when the right ones are still DRL.

At night when i switch it up, its the opposite, so the left one becomes DRL and the right one is bright.

if you need pics let me know.

Help please?

Thanks in advance.

illicitstylz 03-19-2009 09:21 AM

maybe it was just me, but when i had one DRL burn't out and replaced the fuse, that side that i replaced with the newer fuse seemed brighter so it might be that?

rexsomnii 03-19-2009 02:22 PM

did you replace the fuse or the bulb?

Puck Luck 03-19-2009 05:08 PM

What year is the integra? DRL relays are known to cause weird lighting issues. They usually are repairable too.
You were saying when when you switch up at night, your left becomes drl. Is the the left low beam coming on? Or is it still on reduced wattage high used for drl?

rexsomnii 03-20-2009 11:01 PM

yes it is. how is it repairable?

the integra is a 1992 4 door. when i have DRL i can see the blue sign for high beam on my odometer, when i turn on the light at night for night time driving, it goes away.

Puck Luck 03-23-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddark666 (Post 6340355)
yes it is. how is it repairable?

the integra is a 1992 4 door. when i have DRL i can see the blue sign for high beam on my odometer, when i turn on the light at night for night time driving, it goes away.

When the low beams come on, the blue indicator should go out. It should come on dim when the DRL's are on. And come on bright (normal) during high beams.

If you take out the drl relay and slide the circuit board out from it. Look at the solder joints. Look VERY closely. re-solder any that have fine cracks in them. Often the circuit board is discolored around the cracked solder joints from the heat. Careful you don't hold the soldering iron down any longer than you need or you could fry the board

rexsomnii 03-30-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck Luck (Post 6344694)
When the low beams come on, the blue indicator should go out. It should come on dim when the DRL's are on. And come on bright (normal) during high beams.

If you take out the drl relay and slide the circuit board out from it. Look at the solder joints. Look VERY closely. re-solder any that have fine cracks in them. Often the circuit board is discolored around the cracked solder joints from the heat. Careful you don't hold the soldering iron down any longer than you need or you could fry the board

The first part is true everything you say, but how do you do it the easy way. LOL i dont even know where the circuit board is.. Sorry im noob