REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/automotive-detailing-car-care-tech_49/)
-   -   claybaring before spray wax? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/569265-claybaring-before-spray-wax.html)

threezero 03-23-2009 01:24 AM

claybaring before spray wax?

I'm thinking of picking up some ONR along with its spray wax. now can i just use the spray wax say every second car wash without claybar?

Also anybody know of any discount for big 3L jug of ONR?

911fanatic 03-23-2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 6343181)
I'm thinking of picking up some ONR along with its spray wax. now can i just use the spray wax say every second car wash without claybar?

Also anybody know of any discount for big 3L jug of ONR?

Yes you can but my advice would be to clay the car before applying the first coat now that winter is almost over. You won't have to reapply the Optimum Spray wax that often. One coat is supposed to be good for 4-5 months. I was applying mine every 4 weeks or so during the winter and it stood up very well. Excellent product.

!Yaminashi 03-23-2009 09:16 AM

ONR + spray wax is an awesome combo!

threezero 03-23-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911fanatic (Post 6343262)
Yes you can but my advice would be to clay the car before applying the first coat now that winter is almost over. You won't have to reapply the Optimum Spray wax that often. One coat is supposed to be good for 4-5 months. I was applying mine every 4 weeks or so during the winter and it stood up very well. Excellent product.

what do you use to apply the spray wax? is a buffing mf require? I only got crappy tire MF which i use for drying.

can i use this in place of regular wax on a new car?

snowball 03-23-2009 11:06 AM

you can use it in place of a regular wax, it's the same thing

just spray it on spread it around the panel and rub it till the product disappears with an MF towel

threezero 03-23-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 6343550)

just spray it on spread it around the panel and rub it till the product disappears with an MF towel

so regular mf is ok?

I am already spending 77 on the ONR 3L, spray wax + claybar, maybe i should splurge on some good mf towels too? too bad icanpolish doesn't have that many choice in MF

!Yaminashi 03-23-2009 11:58 AM

visit 911fanatic in maple ridge

threezero 03-23-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 6343550)

why do anybody use the regular wax anymore than? spray wax seems so much easier to apply by hand

beatdownvictim 03-23-2009 03:59 PM

pm ben/icanpolish

i only use spray wax now, OCW and aquawax over opti/poliseal now weee way less time consuming

threezero 03-25-2009 08:07 PM

ok just try out the spray wax on few panels today, didn't claybar yet cause i want to see how it works and next time i wash i will do the poliseal + optiseal than spray wax to top it off.

it was already dark when i apply the spray wax so i really couldn't see the shine, but HOLY SHIT! i had so much dusting!!!!!!! :( and i using too much? crappy mf towel?

i though this stuff isn't suppose to dust. I try to clean it off with my ONR QD mix and didn't work.

I know the dust will come off next washing, am i doing anything wrong? do i have to rub it in like paste wax?

911fanatic 03-25-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 6348095)
I know the dust will come off next washing, am i doing anything wrong? do i have to rub it in like paste wax?

There shouldn't be any dusting with OPT Spray Wax. How much are you applying? One even spray will do a fender, one or two per door, etc

threezero 03-25-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911fanatic (Post 6348121)
There shouldn't be any dusting with OPT Spray Wax. How much are you applying? One even spray will do a fender, one or two per door, etc

ok in that case i use way too much. I wasn't sure so i did like 3 spray on the fender no wonder its dusting so much.

quick question abt using poliseal by hand. so i go in a zigzag pattern or in circles like wax?