REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/computer-tech-gaming-electronics_32/)
-   -   laptop shorted - anybody know a good place to repair? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/569278-laptop-shorted-anybody-know-good-place-repair.html)

Spartacus 03-23-2009 07:48 AM

laptop shorted - anybody know a good place to repair?

I believe my acer latop is shorted, it won't power on, and the led lights on the ac/dc adapter keeps blinking when i plug it in. and the worse part - i just got this a month ago but threw away the reciept :cry:

I know theres only like 50% chance of salvaging it. Does anyone know a place that could repair this? thanks in advance.

Mugen EvOlutioN 03-23-2009 08:12 AM

crystal mall? there is tons of computer repair shops there

should still be under warranty tho man

Spartacus 03-23-2009 08:30 AM

But i haven't registured the laptop online since i got it. Could i still claim warranty if i don't have the reciept anymore?

Presto 03-23-2009 08:35 AM

I'd still try to get warranty from it. They can always go by the manufactured date for warranty purposes.

StylinRed 03-23-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 6343360)
They can always go by the manufactured date for warranty purposes.

yep thats in most warranty papers if u dont have the receipt they go by when the laptop was made

even still u could send it in to acer to get them to fix it out of warranty

!Aznboi128 03-23-2009 01:05 PM

chances is fixing it will cost you half of a new laptop... might be worthwhile to get a new laptop

LC21 03-23-2009 03:35 PM

^
he just got it a month ago. Not a legitimate reason to get another laptop imo.

!Aznboi128 03-23-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6343913)
^
he just got it a month ago. Not a legitimate reason to get another laptop imo.

my bad didnt read the whole thing

try to claim thru warranty then

ddr 03-23-2009 05:17 PM

If under warranty, u can setup purolator to pick up ur laptop for repair for free. Just go to acer's website.

InvisibleSoul 03-23-2009 05:59 PM

Why would you ever throw away a receipt for an item like a laptop? :confused:

underscore 03-23-2009 07:51 PM

where did you buy it from and how did you buy it? Your bank and the store you got it from should probably still have records of the sale in their systems.

Spartacus 03-23-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 6344165)
Why would you ever throw away a receipt for an item like a laptop? :confused:

I have a different acer laptop from a year ago and its still treating me good. I wasn't expecting any failure from this new one. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 6344356)
where did you buy it from and how did you buy it? Your bank and the store you got it from should probably still have records of the sale in their systems.

I picked it up at walmart paid with cash. Would they print me another reciept if they have it on record? I still have the box with serial code and everything.

It's an aspire 4530.

underscore 03-23-2009 08:24 PM

they should be able to, go ask to talk to the head of the electronics dep't or the store manager. also call up Acer tomorrow and talk to them.

or see if WalMart will let you just exchange it there are you got it so recently.

Mugen EvOlutioN 03-23-2009 08:41 PM

warranty should cover it regardless receit or not dont worry

StylinRed 03-24-2009 11:02 PM

cant u return things without the receipt at walmart? :)

underscore 03-25-2009 12:31 AM

I think so, if not you can usually exchange it provided you have a DL, I was told to do that with my messed up PS3 controller that I tossed the receipt for.

Spartacus 04-06-2009 07:11 PM

Good news guys, I have warranty and it looks like they'll repair it.

But now i have to send it in to this address

-Acer Repair Center(Canada)5540 McAdam RoadMississauga, Ontario L4Z 1P1

They suggested that I send it through a trackable carrier such as such as FedEx, DHL, UPS, or Purolator.

Which company should I use or avoid? how much is it going to cost roughly? thanks again.

Edit: Oh yeah, do i take out the battery when sending it out?

"We will not be responsible for any options (CDs, manuals, monitor bases, AC Adapters, power cords, etc.) not returned from the repair center. Therefore, do not include any options unless instructed to do so by Technical Support."