REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/computer-tech-gaming-electronics_32/)
-   -   8 Gig Sony MemoryStickProDuo @ Crystal Mall? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/569340-8-gig-sony-memorystickproduo-%40-crystal-mall.html)

KingDeeCee 03-23-2009 05:01 PM

8 Gig Sony MemoryStickProDuo @ Crystal Mall?

Is this shit legit? My friend bought one for his PSP, and 4 gig isn't enough for me. It works fine and all, nothing wrong, but are these things legit? Regular 8 gig Sony produo sticks cost $60 at least, but the people at Crystal sell them for $40. $20 price difference.

Well, if they aren't legit, how long do they last? Do they perform differently from the legit Sony sticks or about the same?

Please and thanks.

.Renn.Sport 03-23-2009 06:27 PM

Maybe they are delivered by Fedex without using planes

jsoni 03-23-2009 06:42 PM

Go to the home screen of the psp. (i'm assuming its modded)
Under 'game' or any other menu (video/music) press the Triangle button when the memory stick is highlighted.

A bar titled information will pop up click that ... look under part that says MagicGate if it says

: Supported (real)
: Not Supported (fake).... the fakes ones still work , its just that write speeds are a bit slower

KingDeeCee 03-23-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsoni (Post 6344244)
Go to the home screen of the psp. (i'm assuming its modded)
Under 'game' or any other menu (video/music) press the Triangle button when the memory stick is highlighted.

A bar titled information will pop up click that ... look under part that says MagicGate if it says

: Supported (real)
: Not Supported (fake).... the fakes ones still work , its just that write speeds are a bit slower

Just sent this post to my friend. He doesn't have his PSP with him but doesn't matter. You just confirmed that it works, just a little slower than a legit one. Thanks bud.

This brings up another question. Do these fake ones last as long as the legit ones?

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport (Post 6344219)
Maybe they are delivered by Fedex without using planes

OMFG LMFAO. I spent half a minute trying to figure that out.

albert116 03-24-2009 09:26 AM

i bought a fake one off ebay few years back...

super slow transfer speeds and super long load times.

i would advise getting a legit one, for a little bit more $$.

jsoni 03-24-2009 09:27 AM

From my experience the fake ones last a decent amount of time.
I bought a 8gb card off ebay a while back (not knowing it was actually fake)
and to this day ... its fine

underscore 03-24-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingDeeCee (Post 6344415)
This brings up another question. Do these fake ones last as long as the legit ones?

I would doubt it, but I haven't actually heard of anyone burning out a memory card in anything before they replaced it because they wanted a bigger one so....