REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Good Drinking Places in Burnaby (https://www.revscene.net/forums/570299-good-drinking-places-burnaby.html)

HonestTea 03-30-2009 10:31 PM

Good Drinking Places in Burnaby

What are some good Drinking Places that you guys frequent in Burnaby?

or what pubs are good? in Burnaby?

jlo mein 03-31-2009 04:28 AM

Cheap eats and drinks at X-Site Grill, one block West of Hastings and Willingdon. However I don't like how they don't have set closing hours and it fluctuates all the time.

For some great food at good prices check out Nathan's Grill, a little North of 8Rinks near some soccer fields. Their main business is catering for the tv/film industry, and I think it shows in their tasty menu. Drinks are mid-priced. They also have a good multiple LCD TV setup inside for sports.

I sometimes go to the Hop and Vine Pub in the Greystone/IGA complex near the Burnaby Mountain Golf Course. It's not a great place but they sometimes offer Irish Natchos (Patchos, ie: waffle cut potato fries). Can you get Patchos anywhere else? They used to have it at Kelly O'Brien's in Surrey but they closed.

Stay away from Howie's Bistro and Bar on Lougheed and Bainbridge. Horrible, horrible food and overpriced drinks. Other places I'm not fond of anymore are the BCIT Pub and Mountain Shadow Pub. the BCIT Pub has some ok food but it's always hit and miss quality wise, and service is always slow. Mountain Shadow is just plain dirty.

Marioo1991 03-31-2009 07:31 AM

Marine Pub. They have great wings!

sonick 04-08-2009 07:36 AM

Oscar's Pub.

Supafly 04-08-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 6370353)
Oscar's Pub.

ew...that place is wack.:(

veeh 04-19-2009 07:55 AM

I found a decently good pub with good wings!
The Soho bar and grill on Lougheed and Bainbridge.

I went there on Thurs night... and they had the wings special.. 15 wings for $4.50. That's pretty cheap comparing it to paying 10bucks for a pound of wings at a restaurant which comes out dry and small. These wings were big and juicy.

The beers were pretty cheap too... but too bad they don't do pitchers which is the downside of this all... but my buddy and I ordered 3 sleeves each of the Okanagan Spring Pale Ale... and our bill came up to 32 bucks with the wings included in it.

jlo mein 04-20-2009 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veeh (Post 6386929)
I found a decently good pub with good wings!
The Soho bar and grill on Lougheed and Bainbridge.

I have not had the wings there, but I have found Soho Bar and Grill to have disappointing burgers and pastas. I have eaten there three times and now try to avoid it, even though its quite close to my home.

miss_crayon 04-20-2009 10:19 AM

soho's food (burgers/pastas) are pretty average
but it's good for drinks since it's so close to home

the dew. i recently started going there with friends cause i'm taking a break from the clubscene but DAMn. it was actually fun. drinks are delish and it's such a chill place. i cant comment on the food but the drinks are (Y)!

veeh 04-20-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein (Post 6388847)
I have not had the wings there, but I have found Soho Bar and Grill to have disappointing burgers and pastas. I have eaten there three times and now try to avoid it, even though its quite close to my home.

I haven't tried anything else but the wings since they were on special. LoL. I guess I'd prob just go there for drinks and wings.

veeh 04-20-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6389120)
soho's food (burgers/pastas) are pretty average
but it's good for drinks since it's so close to home

the dew. i recently started going there with friends cause i'm taking a break from the clubscene but DAMn. it was actually fun. drinks are delish and it's such a chill place. i cant comment on the food but the drinks are (Y)!

The Dew is pretty fun during the weekend (the only times I've ever went). Free coat check ftw! haha.

jlo mein 04-21-2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veeh (Post 6389256)
The Dew is pretty fun during the weekend (the only times I've ever went). Free coat check ftw! haha.

I heard that on Fridays/Saturdays the Foggy Dew has a cover charge, dress code, and coat check charge. Is that true?

miss_crayon 04-21-2009 02:12 PM

no cover charge EVER at that place
coat check is by donation
and there is a dress code but i dont think the dew really cares --you're not allowed hoodies, hats and i think gangster wear?

Inaii 04-26-2009 10:30 AM

Foggy Dew in Coquitlam tries to be a club on the weekend. My brother and I went one weekend about a year ago and the wait to get inside was atrocious. I'm sorry but you're either a pub or a club. Make up your mind.

HonestTea 05-11-2009 12:45 AM

No cover charge at Foggy Dew, went yesterday and it was alright...