REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 PM   #26
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Make-up shouldn't be a huge deal. No one likes an ugly person, but I do hope that it's not just appearance here! Besides, if she's kinda cute even without it, then it's all cute. Someone once told me that pretty girls due to make up will look like ass later, but cute girls will stay cute forever, make-up or not.

Insecurity? Sounds like she's hurt bad, maybe worse than either of you have realized? Perhaps it's not so much an issue of addressing those insecurities, but rather focusing on building security with her. They are different things. Good luck, sir.

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #27
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticdiva View Post
wow.. um.. you're an idiot. Good idea you kept this confidential. Grow the fuck up?!
i'm not with the OP but maybe you should elaborate why 1. he's an idiot, 2. he's not grown up
I mean those LV and Gucci also doesn't make you any smarter
Shirlz - Things to do in Vancouver | Web Developer Resource
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #28
How I Mod your mother

This sounds so wrong to me "we have such awesome times when she has her makeup on"
What the hell does make up have to do with anything?

I think you should do her a favor and leave her, sure it will hurt her, but probably not as bad as if you were to tell her you only have a good time with her when she has her face on
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #29
The "You'd Know" Moderator

If you are such a hot stud yourself, I am sure you can find someone "better". Leave the poor girl alone.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:45 AM   #30
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

You need to grow the fuck up because you're just a stupid kid who can't see through the make up. If you can't seem to like her as much without her make up that just shows how much precedence her appearance takes over who SHE really is on the inside. Does make up really matter? Geez.

See, she feels insecure about herself because quite obviously, you lose interest in her if she's not wearing her make up for you. Women need reassurance a lot. Women need to know they are being loved, INSIDE AND OUT, NO MATTER WHAT CONDITION THEY'RE IN. Otherwise, you'll be stuck with a lot of bimbos for a while.
domesticdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:34 AM   #31
無敵

^ Way to bump an old thread.

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:52 AM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

^ lulz
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:28 AM   #33
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

great
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #34
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post
^ Way to bump an old thread.
Women. They never let things go.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #35
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Women. They never let things go.
I sense that Noir will get attacked in 5....4....3...2...1....

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #36
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

hahahaa !! make up.. i thought most guys don't like kissing/eating make up off their SO's faces. you're funny.
sweetiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #37
VLS Pet Forum Mod

I'm sorry, but the OP is doing nothing wrong. She needs to look into getting some help to start liking/loving herself. The only thing you can do is support her and see if there are things she can become involved in that will help her self esteem.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #38
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
oh ghezz, u guys gotta give yourself a break. I'm sure there are times when you see ur gf or wife sitting on the couch eating bon bons and watching days of our lives / do you think u can dance in her sweats. There's a fraction of a second you think, man, i remember her when she would be in high heels and wear nice skinny tight lingeries....
i'm sure ur gf also have seen u when u're laying watching UFC fights, picking your nose, your ass and letting a big one rip and have fought, damnnnnn

i guess you need to go back, pick a day every two weeks and make it a date night to get the fire going again.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #39
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
oh ghezz, u guys gotta give yourself a break. I'm sure there are times when you see ur gf or wife sitting on the couch eating bon bons and watching days of our lives / do you think u can dance in her sweats. There's a fraction of a second you think, man, i remember her when she would be in high heels and wear nice skinny tight lingeries....
i'm sure ur gf also have seen u when u're laying watching UFC fights, picking your nose, your ass and letting a big one rip and have fought, damnnnnn

i guess you need to go back, pick a day every two weeks and make it a date night to get the fire going again.
Or maybe one should just choose girls who can be attractive when dressed up, or scrubbed out.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #40
you
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
[I]

I'm really into my SO, we have such awesome times together when she has her make up on
BWAAHAHAHAHHA op ftw!!!

ohhh the wonders of makeup...

how about posting a pic of her with and without makeup so we could give u a better suggestion whether u should worry or not
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

My girlfriend does that to me all the time. Shes just asks me random questions out of everywhere. Just be mature and answer the question truthfully. Just make sure shes the type to handle its correctly.
ALuu918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #42
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
This sounds so wrong to me "we have such awesome times when she has her makeup on"
What the hell does make up have to do with anything?

I think you should do her a favor and leave her, sure it will hurt her, but probably not as bad as if you were to tell her you only have a good time with her when she has her face on
It doesn't sound wrong, It just IS wrong...If you can't accept her when she doesn't have makeup on, I don't think you should be with her at all. The times that she has makeup on you are all happy and enjoying yourself, but when she doesn't have it on are you saying you don't have fun? That is wrong, you should appreciate her having makeup or not having it on. If after a year and half it's still on your mind constantly and she hasn't changed her ways, i don't think she is going to get it (poor girl). I think you should just move on...and before you do move on however, tell her that you've shown how much you were into her, but her insecurity was driving you mad and eventually away. If you don't wanna move on, you gotta tell her straight up about the problems, so that you can work things out.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyyxjayy View Post
What if someone sold you cocaine, but it was laundry detergent ?
danlee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #43
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

The simple truth is that if you aren't attracted to her without the makeup then you sould steer clear-obviously she is not what you want for better or worse. That is not a value judgement, as I have thought such things myself, but rather a reality.

The second problem is different but similiar. Many many people are less then confident. But total lack of confidece is very unattractive, and usually stems from a problem very xar more reaching than you can resolve...
Keep in mind this perspective has been offered by a 30yrs old with yet a successful relationship.
byronstyle is offline   Reply With Quote