REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-07-2022, 01:51 AM   #3051
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
i watched Jonah vs Cobb from Friday, that alone is a spectacle.
I have yet to see Jonah vs Okada. the G1 should be the easiest thing to watch given timezones, but life in general can only have so much pro wrestling ahhaha.

It's been quite a week for wrestling.
Takeshita vs Claudio was fantastic.
Advertisement
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:23 AM   #3052
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
i watched Jonah vs Cobb from Friday, that alone is a spectacle.
I have yet to see Jonah vs Okada. the G1 should be the easiest thing to watch given timezones, but life in general can only have so much pro wrestling ahhaha.

It's been quite a week for wrestling.
Takeshita vs Claudio was fantastic.
Yup and on top of that Stardom is having their 5 Star GP which is their version of the G1. I watch wrestling basically every day now lol

And yes the ROH match was awesome. Takeshita is an absolute sure fire megastar if they want him to be.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 12:56 AM   #3053
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

I don't know how AEW is going to make Takeshita a star given how confusing some of the booking can get.

It's his 10th anniversary show this coming weekend and he is flying back to Japan for a bit. Jumping promotions isn't looked too highly upon amongst Japanese puroreso, but he's one guy i'd like to see make a jump to NJPW just to expand upon his craft.

Okada vs Takeshita is a dream match of mine right now. Plus you got the story that Takeshita and kenny has teamed before and can almost call it a teacher/student thing there.

I know NOAH has billed that Komiya dude the next greatest thing, but he looked out of place in the ring with Okada/Tanahashi during the NOAH x NJPW show in January.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:18 AM   #3054

I'm not sure what his contract status is, but CyberFight (DDT) and AEW have a relationship - They just did a pair of matches with Thunder Rosa and Miyu Yamashita, and they have any AEW match featuring Cyberfight talent on their streaming platform, with their own commentary.

Actually be sure to check out his return matches in DDT, especially if they allow cheering again, he's going to be a MEGASTAR for them more than ever

Wrestle Universe is their platform and it's really good, easily the best wrestling streaming service out there. I know there's tons of wrestling out there, but IMO it's worth it, especially with the yen so low. It's like $5 a month. TJPW Princess Cup semifinals and finals are this weekend and should be good, especially if they're in a decent building. They had a show with full cheering crowds for the first time and it was really great to watch, even if the wrestling isn't super high standards compared to others
Old 08-10-2022, 11:28 PM   #3055
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Cyberfight and AEw definitely have a very good relationship. Their platform is great from the free months when it launched.

it's the AEW/NJPW relationship that is weird.
either way, that door is open again with Ospreay doing the trios tournament... the bracket is definitely set up so that the bucks and mystery partner will wrestle ospreay + aussie open.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:23 PM   #3056

It's so obviously Kenny! Can't fucking WAIT

Punk is back (which means MJF will be back once the score is settled with the belt), Kenny is coming back, this era of AEW is going to be all time great.
Old 08-11-2022, 06:10 PM   #3057
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

i do hope it is kenny, can't imagine the politics behind teasing Kenny vs Ospreay.

however, if the United Empire move ahead to the finals, I wouldn't mind seeing another Ospreay vs OC match up.. especially if you have OC pin Ospreay and then set up a US title shot again
Old 08-11-2022, 07:03 PM   #3058

They've been teasing Kenny vs Ospreay for months! Will even did a One Winged Angel and had the guy "kick out" of it!

I don't think there's any weirdness between AEW and NJPW. Forbidden Door was a huge success, and they already said they want to do a Japanese version. Bushiroad will start sending Stardom talent to the US, and you can bet they'll be on AEW Youtube or TV. They want to bring in some AEW talent for their January shows too, most likely Toni Storm or Jamie Hayter

The only politics that get into it is that AEW also works with promotions that NJPW don't like, so they can't be involved. That's why no AAA guys were on Forbidden door, and we won't see anything with Takeshita or the TJPW talent being used with NJPW and Stardom talent.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:36 PM   #3059

One of the best episodes of Dynamite EVER and then we get Ospreay vs Okada later today.. OMG

Ospreay is already wrestler of the year, but after today, Kenny is the best in the world.

And Mox vs Punk title match next week!
Old 08-17-2022, 06:41 PM   #3060

Also notice production making sure the man in the mask appears on camera?

Old 08-18-2022, 08:14 PM   #3061
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

what a great G1 Final
Ospreay and Okada just cannot have a bad match
Old 08-18-2022, 11:12 PM   #3062

Yup, maybe evern better than the WK match because the crowd was actually "loud" compared to an empty Tokyo Dome. That helps a lot. I loved Will bringing out all the moves that have defeated Okada. And the one that would have gotten him, he couldn't hit. On the same day Kenny returned!

Just unbelievably great stuff. Will's selling was a master class.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:20 AM   #3063
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Whatever the crap is with CM Punk and the AEW locker room.. or just Adam Page...
Moxley is definitely the better guy for AEW to put a rocket on and push.

Ospreay with Aussie Open vs Death Triangle was fucking amazing.
Hopefully Ospreay sticks around a bit longer in AEW before he defends his US Title against Finley in Japan.

I also think this confrontation between Will and kenny should have been on TV. Hopefully this happens at Wrestle Kingdom lolol

Old 08-25-2022, 05:20 AM   #3064

There's so much shit going on in AEW and it's been really fun to follow along as a fan. Insider shit is whatever, but they always make the most of it and turn it into a storyline... So CM Punk went off script and talked about Hangman, and they didn't address it today, but I'm sure they will down the line.

Turns out Moxley didn't like how the PPV was planned, with Punk coming back from injury and just winning his first match back, so pitched having this match today. I think it's partly because they're doing a similar comeback storyline with Kenny at the exact same time, where Kenny is selling ring rust like crazy. So they did the quick match today where Mox became the undisputed champion (and first even 2 time champ). I'm sure they will do the rematch at the PPV, and Punk will win the belt back and they go from there (presumably with MJF)

I thought the trios match was good, great at times, but it fell apart for like 5 minutes right between the double poisonrana and the brainbuster spot. Will and PAC were having full on conversations, as were the Lucha Bros, and the crowd just died for a bit. It seems like they went too fast or something and had TOO much time! Aussie Open does nothing for me, and the crowd was totally dead whenever they were on offense. Will is obviously amazing though. WOTY 2022 for sure.
Old 09-01-2022, 03:55 AM   #3065
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

goddamnit, Japan better open up in time for Wrestle Kingdom 17

but damn... 14matches for all out... with 11 of them on the main card... jesus christ
Old 09-01-2022, 06:24 AM   #3066

Yeah I hope a lot of them are pretty short... I am still buying because I know it'll be good, but a lot of the undercard is kinda cold to me. Feels weird paying to see a Motor City Machine Guns match, when I have literally never had any interest in them for like 20 years or whatever.

Trios match with Kenny and the Bucks facing Hangman is going to be an all timer
Old 09-04-2022, 01:56 AM   #3067
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

that WWE UK PPV was something else, up until the finish of course.. as always.. sigh

Gunther vs Shaemus stole the show here and I'll slot that match into a match of the year contender for all of wrestling.

6matches, 3 hours, everyone was given time to work.
Old 09-04-2022, 03:00 AM   #3068

I thought the Sheamus match was "fine". I had higher hopes for a clobber fest with a lot of chops going back and forth. But it was pretty much a standard WWE title match, but with chops and strikes as the offense.

It was still good, probably the best WWE match of the year, but I was hoping for more from these two. Well not more, just more different. Maybe Sheamus can't do a match like that - I know Walter can. Or they just don't want to on a show like this.

Main event finish, I couldn't have possibly come up with something worse. There's no way they neutered Drew like that. Even if you want to keep the belt on Roman, which is fine if he needs it for WM, you don't do a finish like that. And then the biggest star on the show was a boxer, shakes hands with the heel who cheated to win, then tries to sing to the fans to cheer them up after their loser hero got distracted by a guy in a hoodie. Just embarrassingly bad stuff. Shockingly bad, even for WWE.

Show was quite a spectacle though. The wrestling was so-so aside from these two.

Women's match was a complete clusterfuck, with Bayley seemingly the only one who knew what was going on. She was constantly telling Io and Dakota where to go, including the finish where Dakota forgot to tag out. Io is super slow now compared to NXT, which was already slow compared to Stardom. I know she shattered her ankle, but she can do Asai moonsaults and land on it, so I dunno.

Hearing Cole try to explain Triple Tails was hilarious. It's crazy how bad he still is after all these years. He can yell catch phrases fine, but as soon as he has to talk about wrestling, he gets lost.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:52 AM   #3069
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I thought Sheamus has a severe neck injury like Kurt Angle does and basically a shell of his former self. The man looks really stiff as a wrestler
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 02:40 PM   #3070

That could explain why he takes a german suplex on his arm... Not good for the arm though lol
Old 09-04-2022, 10:36 PM   #3071
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

All Out wasn't good, wasn't great
Loved the Trios match

MJF is back!
Old 09-05-2022, 12:39 AM   #3072

All Out I give it a 8/10. Maybe the lowest rating for an AEW PPV. It's too long lol.. those poor fans!

Did you see the presser after?
Old 09-05-2022, 01:27 AM   #3073
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

I did see the press conference after
it overshadowed the entire PPV.
Its embarassing how a man that runs an NFL franchise and Fullham FC can let this shit happen under his fingertips.

Old 09-05-2022, 03:45 PM   #3074

lol he's going to make so much money off all this drama. Tony hates leaks more than anyone, and decided to do it this way instead. I think it's brilliant. People are STILL talking about it!
Old 09-13-2022, 05:45 PM   #3075

If you can, check out the JTO show from last weekend. Most of it was fanservice/indy stuff, but 2 matches stand out. First a women's tag match with 2 great workers from Stardom, working in front of cheering fans for the first time in over 2 years, against 2 that JTO are developing that will certainly end up in Stardom eventually (one even joined a unit already)

The main event though.. El Desperado vs Jun Kasai is my match of the year so far for sure. I am not a big fan of hardcore matches, but that's what you're going to get with Kasai, and it works here. The storytelling and drama is some of the best you'll see in wrestling today. The end sequence practically had me jumping out of my seat just sitting here watching on my computer. The post match promo was 5 stars itself.

It's a must-see