REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Are men prone to cheating when they become rich and powerful?

That question has risen since last year and its been a concern to me.

In this generation, it seems like all relationships that last long in the run long doesnt seem be genuine or pure. There is always some form or way of cheating within the relationship. I've started to lose hope in pure relationships, especially ones thats been going on for more than 30 years.

Anyway, when men are rich and powerful, are they prone to cheating since so many hot women of all ages and status mack on them? If they have the chance/oppotunity even though they already have a gf/wife, im pretty sure they wouldk be tempted to and actaully succumb to it right? If they think they can get away with it, im pretty sure you all would.

Would u?

Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
RS controls my life!

when ppl get bored and have money they may upgrade their car then become bored.. then buy new cellphone.. then get bored... then spend money on nurturing a sugar baby
I mean those LV and Gucci also doesn't make you any smarter
Shirlz - Things to do in Vancouver | Web Developer Resource
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

painting with some broad strokes.

you only hear about cheating rich dudes because they don't write articles or make movies with boring old rich dudes who are happily married and living the family life. no one fucking cares.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Actually IMHO, I think actually men who feel somehow feel threatened or inferior with thier partners, ie. maybe their wifes career is going better than thiers, maybe she makes more money than he does etc. then I think he may be more likely to cheat on her especially with someone who appear to put him on a pedestal and 'look up to him'.

Other reasons could include:

>Insicurity
>Has not had many relationships
>Really hot girl makes herself accesible
>Feels unfulfilled in exsisting relationship
>feels like he gets no respect or is feeling whipped
>Misses the new dateing butterflies
>Feels unappriciated

I think that every person has an image of how they see themselves (or how they want to be) and the person who makes them feel that way will be the person that they will feel 'in love' with.

Just my 2 cents anywayz. Keep in mind that alot of these reasons are the very same reasons why girls wll cheat though in my experience women (in general) are not as likely to cheat as men are (or maybe they're just smart enough not to get caught.
froggman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #5
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

i remember reading somewhere that fat people are less likely to cheat. and its not because they have less chances.
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #6
MoD

Thanked 1,805 Times in 227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
painting with some broad strokes.

you only hear about cheating rich dudes because they don't write articles or make movies with boring old rich dudes who are happily married and living the family life. no one fucking cares.
+1

Cheating is not something that a certain tax bracket does or or does less.
You only hear more about the richer people as it is more interesting, They might buy more extravagant gifts or vacations. But in the end it is just the same as the person in the lower bracket.

Cheating is cheating.
no difference.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:31 AM   #7
Director of RS Cares

you can't possibly place cheating on a certain group of men (married well off men) when cheating can be done by seriously, any walk of life.

i would like to hear why you have lost all hope in pure relationships with those 30+ plus, as i certainly can't. i can't speak for everyone but i believe in a faithful marriage/relationship can last without cheating emotionally or physically---only because i look at my parents and know that what they have is true love.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #8
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
I think rich people are tempted by material that is prone to increase your chances to cheat.

for those of you too dumb to understand what I just wrote, I mean, a rich guy will have HB10's tempting him all the time. 10's are hard to resist.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:45 AM   #9
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
when one has money, he buys candies at a supermarket...

when one has no money, either he looks at the candies or he steals one when people are not looking.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 AM   #10
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baley View Post
That question has risen since last year and its been a concern to me.

In this generation, it seems like all relationships that last long in the run long doesnt seem be genuine or pure. There is always some form or way of cheating within the relationship. I've started to lose hope in pure relationships, especially ones thats been going on for more than 30 years.

Anyway, when men are rich and powerful, are they prone to cheating since so many hot women of all ages and status mack on them? If they have the chance/oppotunity even though they already have a gf/wife, im pretty sure they wouldk be tempted to and actaully succumb to it right? If they think they can get away with it, im pretty sure you all would.

Would u?
Yes. This is obvious.
I have many loaded friends who have hot gfs or wives, and they go to "massage parlors" every week. The women either are stupid, or they turn a blind eye and pretend not to know.
This is the reason why in world cities you see crazy sports cars parked outside hotels all the time.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #11
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Being rich is being able to afford what you want. So yes, he is more prone to cheating.

But to say that he's rich equals he will cheat only puts the women he cheats with in a bad position.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #12
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

anyone can cheat, rich or poor
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #13
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
women cheat more than guys do. << thats a period at the end there
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #14
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Being more prone to cheat depends on personality and morals not dollars.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #15
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmec View Post
Being more prone to cheat depends on personality and morals not dollars.
and with a new lifestyle comes new morals and forms new personalities.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

"Men are only as faithful as their options"
Ducdesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #17
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
id say majority of the ppl i know that are rich n powerful (mostly overseas) cheat. having that money, having that power, means having abilities to do anything they feel like. it seems like morals get thrown out the window.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #18
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
id say majority of the ppl i know that are rich n powerful (mostly overseas) cheat. having that money, having that power, means having abilities to do anything they feel like. it seems like morals get thrown out the window.
I think maybe they gain the mentality that "money gets you anything"
In Vancouver at least, I'd say thats true.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #19
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I think maybe they gain the mentality that "money gets you anything"
In Vancouver at least, I'd say thats true.
Nahhh man, I wouldn't limit it just to Vancouver. There are of course, exceptions but it's just the nature of the alpha in a lion pride.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #20
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

its everywhere
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #21
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,336 Times in 967 Posts
To tell you the truth, try and flip the coin around and see it from the girl's perspective.

Girl sees a guy, nicely dressed, nice car, shoes, knows how to dress himself. Girl is intrigued with the nice places they go to and seems to be a very nice gentlemen in paying for her food and being so kind to driving her home taking care of her after she's tipsy after dinner. She doesn't take it for granted but after a while, she starts to enjoy the dinners / lunches and really enjoys the red wine he orders or when he goes clubbing, he's not a bar star but he pays for the drinks while clubbing. Sooner than later, girl throws herself to the guy. Turns out the girl is his co-worker.

Again, this happens to a lot of the typical white collar guys who has a great wife at home but girls at the office just somehow throws themselves and this is how it starts.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #22
My homepage has been set to RS

only if they are weak
Old 04-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #23
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,308 Times in 5,630 Posts
if your young/middle aged, wealthy and powerfull why the fuck would you even get into a serious relationship in the first place

marriage ftl baby
Old 04-04-2009, 03:35 AM   #24

Im also thinking its the factor that they want someone of the same "status" ?
Like if u were to grow up in some hick old town with an average looking gf who's still trying to become "successful" or make her career and you were to become so successful and powerful that ur exposed to so much of the "higher class" kind of people that they feel like they need to go out with someone closer to thier status and leave the old gf behind because it may not be viewed lightly by his co-workers or whomever.

As for girls, yea they may initiate, but its not gonna be permanent. But yea, i guess people just do shit for fun at the moment until they're bored and move on to the next thing that would bring excitement.

Are there pure guys out there? Like seriously.. guys who stands by his morals and know whats right and wrong, wont succumb to the temptations and human instincts. Thats why people are so fucked up, all they know how to do is harm each other.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
if your young/middle aged, wealthy and powerfull why the fuck would you even get into a serious relationship in the first place

marriage ftl baby
What is the sole purpose of being alive and continueing to live?
What is the main product/thing that you want to achieve in the end?
if you fuck around too much in the begining, how much trust are u goign to get from the opposite sexes when u want to find the person u want to settle down with? maybe they're in it for ur money, succcess and power and thats it. You also become prone to getting really cocky and lose sight of what is real, therefore u take shit for granted when the right thing comes along