REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Deadliest Warrior (https://www.revscene.net/forums/571994-deadliest-warrior.html)

Death2Theft 04-23-2009 04:43 PM

That and the fact that the spartan just shrugged off broken glass and chilli oil in his eyes, not only that he was able to see where the ninja was to stab him.
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodman (Post 6393805)
For Spartan vs. Ninja. I'm pretty sure the ninja would never fight someone like that out in the open, as they are assassins that go for the quick kill from behind or through the element of surprise with their elite skills. So obviously in a one on one fight a spartan with all that armor vs. a ninja with no armor would win.

Ilagon 04-23-2009 06:32 PM

Shaolin Monk coming in episode 7!!

vietx6o4 04-23-2009 06:45 PM

Episode 4: Pirate vs Knight
Episode 5: Mafia vs Yakuza
:D

pandalove 04-23-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vietx6o4 (Post 6394884)
Episode 4: Pirate vs Knight
Episode 5: Mafia vs Yakuza
:D

triads? bek yau vans

vietx6o4 04-23-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandalove (Post 6394886)
triads? bek yau vans

isnt triads chinese and yakuza japanese?

3xta 04-23-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE (Post 6393823)
he would have stayed in the tree and shot him with the dart

exactly

Gnomes 04-24-2009 09:10 PM

I have a feeling I will be let down from the shaolin monk coming up. Monks dont really have good killing weapon - they are peaceful in nature. Would be more fair if they put monks up against someone in a hand-to-hand combat against... MMA expert.

CRS 04-24-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomes (Post 6396604)
I have a feeling I will be let down from the shaolin monk coming up. Monks dont really have good killing weapon - they are peaceful in nature. Would be more fair if they put monks up against someone in a hand-to-hand combat against... MMA expert.

Shoalin Monk vs. Maori
One fights for perfection; the other to honor his ancestors. A Shoalin Monk - the ultimate pacifist killing machine from China versus a Maori - fierce, bone-crushing warrior from New Zealand. Steel whips, metal spikes and wickedly versatile hooks versus wood, shark teeth, stingray spines and stone. The hardest weapon on the battlefield is not made of steel.

Nightwalker 04-24-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death2Theft (Post 6394692)
That and the fact that the spartan just shrugged off broken glass and chilli oil in his eyes, not only that he was able to see where the ninja was to stab him.

The video is just a bullshit dramatization that tries to display each side using each of their weapons. The simulator runs 1,000 scenarios to get the winner result.

They should start pitting warriors against animals too lol.

skyxx 04-24-2009 10:30 PM

Ninja versus Spartan is dumb lol. Who the heck shoots a spear in open space in front of the spartan. When he was in the tree he could have shot the spear at him lol!

3xta 04-25-2009 12:08 PM

i have a feeling the monk is going to looose

KingDeeCee 04-25-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyxx (Post 6396706)
Ninja versus Spartan is dumb lol. Who the heck shoots a spear in open space in front of the spartan. When he was in the tree he could have shot the spear at him lol!

That just showed one of the battles. They apparently run the battle through 1000 times.

I'm pretty sure the Ninja could have won 1000 times if they factor in that he can hide all those times and have an accurate shot of the dart.

fliptuner 04-25-2009 06:26 PM

Holy shit how'd you guys get all the way to Monk/Maori? lol

I just got to the damn Pirate episode.

Culture_Vulture 04-25-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingDeeCee (Post 6397286)
That just showed one of the battles. They apparently run the battle through 1000 times.

I'm pretty sure the Ninja could have won 1000 times if they factor in that he can hide all those times and have an accurate shot of the dart.

yeah.
what kind of ninja fights in daylight anyways? lol

Gnomes 04-25-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 6397642)
Holy shit how'd you guys get all the way to Monk/Maori? lol

I just got to the damn Pirate episode.

By scrolling through the upcoming episode listing:
http://www.spike.com/show/31082

Apr 28
Pirate vs. Knight
Pirate - the merciless high seas marauder; versus a Knight - the armored battle tank that crushed infidels underfoot. It's an explosive, bloody battle between two fighters who hate each other's guts - pistols versus crossbow, armor against gunpowder, and cutlass versus a spiked ball of death.

May 5
Yakuza vs. Mafia
Mafia - the deadly crime family that rule New York's 1920's underworld, versus Yakuza - feared gang lords that dominate the mean streets of 1940's Tokyo. Their bloody turf war to decide who is deadliest will be settled with machine guns, sawn off shotguns, pistols, bats, nunchuks and icepicks.

May 12
Green Beret vs. Spetznaz
Green Beret - America's elite special force, versus a Spetznaz - Russia's top-secret, top-notch commandos. Trained to kill anyone, any when, anywhere - these super soldiers use a devastating array of weapons and tactics. It's the best of the west against the best of the east in a post cold war showdown.

May 19
Shoalin Monk vs. Maori
One fights for perfection; the other to honor his ancestors. A Shoalin Monk - the ultimate pacifist killing machine from China versus a Maori - fierce, bone-crushing warrior from New Zealand. Steel whips, metal spikes and wickedly versatile hooks versus wood, shark teeth, stingray spines and stone. The hardest weapon on the battlefield is not made of steel.

May 26
William Wallace vs. Shaka Zulu
Both fight for revenge. Both built an army to spill the blood of their enemies. Deadliest Warrior gets personal with a battle between two of the greatest warrior-generals that ever lived. William Wallace - claymore wielding wild man from Scotland versus Shaka Zulu whose ferocity, speed and toughness became legend.

Ducdesmo 04-26-2009 12:00 PM

Damn Yakuza vs Mafia should be pretty sweet!

LsquareD 04-26-2009 12:42 PM

Go Yakuza!

Grandmaster TSE 04-26-2009 06:43 PM

go on the spike website where they comment on some comments left by viewers about the ninja vs spartan episode

SkinnyPupp 04-26-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingDeeCee (Post 6397286)

As said in the post-show video, this is "Deadliest Warrior" not "Deadliest Assassin"

Ninjas make great assassins, but in a one-on-one fight, don't stand a chance against a Spartan. I'm surprised it wasn't more one-sided. I expected the Spartan to win 80-100% of the time.

3xta 04-26-2009 08:45 PM

the guests that they are going to get for yakuza and mafia are going to be so hilarious probably.

KingDeeCee 04-26-2009 08:50 PM

Pirate Vs. Knight? Shouldn't it be Pirate Vs. Cowboy? Cause the Pirate has a gun doesn't it?

Culture_Vulture 04-26-2009 10:35 PM

they really need to pair Genghis Khan up with somebody epic hahah

Alpine50 04-26-2009 11:34 PM

its on spike tv pretty cool show

Osaka 04-26-2009 11:53 PM

When are they showing the Sylvester Stallone vs. Arnold Schwarzenegger episode?

The Italian Stallion: Rocky Balboa vs. The Kindergarten cop: Detective John Kimble

LOL hahahahaha JK

Grandmaster TSE 04-27-2009 12:00 AM

they should do alien vs predator