REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   windows live messenger & text (https://www.revscene.net/forums/572146-windows-live-messenger-text.html)

saiko 04-14-2009 01:31 PM

windows live messenger & text

hey guys,

was just wondering if anyone has experience with any of this..

so I just linked my msn with my cellphone number to recieve the messages as a text.

I have a texting plan - 2500 msg and was wondering if this goes towards that 2500 or is it a seperate fee per message. And if I reply to the message, would it be deducted from my 2500 or, again, another seperate fee?

tia!

Alphamale 04-14-2009 03:43 PM

It costs money to directly reply to the msg center. It does not cost you money to receive, however.

TekDragon 04-14-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 6379649)
It costs money to directly reply to the msg center. It does not cost you money to receive, however.

Depends. My friends on Telus get dinged every time they receive a message. Around $0.15 per message I think.

Alphamale 04-14-2009 03:54 PM

Right, but this guy has a msging plan. I also happen to know that he's with Rogers.

Regardless, it is true that Telus and Bell charge for incoming unless you have a plan. Whether or not they still charge for these "internet" msgs is something that I do not know since I do not use their telephony services.

R8 04-14-2009 05:06 PM

im on solo mobile, when a msg is sent, it gives me a (xxx) - xxx - xxxx and i just reply to it, and it sends for free :P

saiko 04-15-2009 01:28 AM

Well, I tried testing it a few times.. I'll have to wait till my bill comes in to find out............

TRD3000GT 04-15-2009 10:07 PM

I have been using Rogers MSN to SMS service for years and the sent messages are covered by the text message plan.

Culture_Vulture 04-15-2009 10:24 PM

it's like Alphamale said

if you're on Rogers and on a texting plan,
it shouldn't cost you anything to receive.

it WILL cost you to reply the message directly.

saiko 04-15-2009 10:57 PM

Would the cost to reply be from my text plan, or would rogers see this as a text for services and charge me otherwise?

Alphamale 04-15-2009 11:17 PM

I've been charged separately, or at least that's why I have data charges on my Rogers bill. However, that might have also been when I connected to the internet mistakenly.

BTW, TRD3000, your sentence is rather ambiguous...or is it vague? Either way, you might want to clarify which way the texts are going.

Alphamale 04-16-2009 09:58 AM

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...2&postcount=22

Looks like I'm wrong.

Hmm, I should start inquiring about these unusually (albeit small) data charges occuring on my bill.

!MiKrofT 04-16-2009 04:42 PM

I have txt messaging plan with Rogers. Using the sms to txt and vice versa I've never been charged before when replying. It should be free. But if you use MSN alerts you will be charged so don't use those.

TRD3000GT 04-16-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 6382033)
I've been charged separately, or at least that's why I have data charges on my Rogers bill. However, that might have also been when I connected to the internet mistakenly.

BTW, TRD3000, your sentence is rather ambiguous...or is it vague? Either way, you might want to clarify which way the texts are going.

Let's try it this way. My friend Bob sends me a MSN message from his computer. I receive his MSN message as a text message from Rogers wireless. Then, I reply a sms back to Bob MSN from my cell phone. All messages I mentioned above are included with Roger text message plan. Instead of a regular ten digit telephone number, the number for Bob's MSN is 99xxxxx and that is the same number Bob send sms to my cell phone. I am not sure what is the maximum number of MSN contacts are allowed because I only deal with ten people like this from my MSN contact. Different contact on my MSN has different 99xxxxx number. An example would be Bill is 99xxxx2, Mary is 99xxxx3 and Tom is 99xxxx4.

Clear enough?

Graeme S 04-17-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Physixx (Post 6381916)
it's like Alphamale said

if you're on Rogers and on a texting plan,
it shouldn't cost you anything to receive.

it WILL cost you to reply the message directly.

When he says "charged" he means "these messages are normal text messages, and if you have a text message plan, then that is covered in that plan. If not, you must pay."

saiko 04-17-2009 09:09 PM

Thanks to everyone for replying! Absolutely answered my question(s).

Alphamale 04-17-2009 09:15 PM

I posted 4 times, and I only got one thanks.

Eat shit, motherfucker!

saiko 04-18-2009 01:25 AM

It doesn't let me thank the person twice in the same thread, asshole!