REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mitsubishi Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mitsubishi-tech-resources_314/)
-   -   Atmospheric BOV (https://www.revscene.net/forums/572342-atmospheric-bov.html)

Berzerker 04-15-2009 10:59 PM

Atmospheric BOV

What does the car do if you vent the BOV to atmosphere? I know it will stutter but does it make it undriveable? How do Mitsu guys get Psshhh sound... Do you have to get rid of the MAF system and go with a MAP setup and standalone?

Berz out.

reza 04-16-2009 10:22 PM

What does the car do if you vent the BOV to atmosphere?
-runs rich for that duration

I know it will stutter but does it make it undriveable?
-no

How do Mitsu guys get Psshhh sound... Do you have to get rid of the MAF system and go with a MAP setup and standalone?
-different BOV make different sound, no need to modify flow sensor/anything. aftermarket intake filter will enhance sound.

ZiG-87 04-16-2009 10:25 PM

If you run a blowthrough MAF after the BOV it shouldn't run irch or stumble or anything. MAP is better though IMO. I use it, love it.

Berzerker 04-16-2009 10:36 PM

I disconnected the BOV from the recirc pipe and blocked off the intake tube that fed the pipe. It seemed really undriveable as when I would be coasting or at part throttle the BOV would be opening and the car would stumble like a bitch. Did you convert your 4G to MAP? What did it take to do that?

Berz out.

Kang19 04-16-2009 11:40 PM

May I suggest a Splitter Valve? I went from running a Diverter Valve to a splitter valve and I love it. Especially if you have a car with a sensitive MAF which may think the car has a leak if you run an atmospheric BOV.

I know that Forge makes a splitter valve and they're reasonably priced. The one I am using is called a GFX Hybrid valve.

The whole point of the splitter valve is so that you can chose your application. For example I have it on a 60/40 setting so that 60% of the air is being recirculated and 40% is being blown off. I love the sound of it and I usually don't get any fluttering. Something you might want to look into.

hk20000 04-17-2009 07:31 AM

on a 4G63 or a 6A12 you are going to have a 50/50 chance of stalling EVERY TIME you lift off from a high boost/rev switching the gear into neutral.

that's why I run MAF-T.

Berzerker 04-17-2009 09:26 AM

what is MAF-T edumecate me! I know everything about Honduh's but nothing about DSM yet!

Berz out.

azndvdiz 04-17-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6384085)
what is MAF-T edumecate me! I know everything about Honduh's but nothing about DSM yet!

Berz out.

uses the gm maf ;) which allows the blow through setup up. basically maf-t is spliced into your stock maf connection and sorta dummies the ecu to thinking its using the normal maf :D

hk20000 09-04-2009 12:15 AM

but it's also finnicky so you might have funny driveability problem if the initial install was wrong. But once you got past that, it's smooth sailing all the way.

taylor verna 11-13-2009 02:31 PM

venting to astmospher makes it sound better, recirc is better performnce

EvoFan 06-11-2010 12:59 PM

If you care about performance, recirculate. Sure it sounds cool, but you have to put in a lot of work to get it to run smoothly after changing, and work on the ECU. I say install a button to a can of compressed air like a horn if you really care about what it sounds like. It's how the car runs that matters.