REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Good Clubs in Calgary (https://www.revscene.net/forums/572506-good-clubs-calgary.html)

JSALES 04-17-2009 12:09 AM

Good Clubs in Calgary

A few of my friends and I are going on a trip to Calgary and just wanted to know what are some of the good clubs out there? TIA

DavidNguyen 04-18-2009 08:56 PM

hmm, whiskey, wild coyote, tantra

also, if your not caucasian. it might be hard to get in.
my buddies and I (asian) usually have to grease the bouncers to get in.
Global Calgary. also did an undercover, where a black guy tried to get in a club and he was denied, while others were passing him. all caught on Tape

yamahar6 04-18-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidNguyen (Post 6386450)
hmm, whiskey, wild coyote, tantra

also, if your not caucasian. it might be hard to get in.
my buddies and I (asian) usually have to grease the bouncers to get in.
Global Calgary. also did an undercover, where a black guy tried to get in a club and he was denied, while others were passing him. all caught on Tape

I agree with that 100% they used the "you have to be over 25 on me" then the next night there was an Asian bouncer and He saw i was outta town and let me in

JSALES 04-18-2009 09:34 PM

yeah i heard about that, i saw a clip of it from youtube and downside of it too is i'm going with a friend who's black so it might make it harder to get in. is it still like that down there though?

DavidNguyen 04-19-2009 08:30 AM

hmm, i hope not. this day and age. but some people just dont change.

CanadaGoose 04-19-2009 09:29 AM

Whiskey is one of my fav, but I had a bad experience this weekend though.. I got racially profiled and detained by police inside there, for doing fucking nothing =(. Cops aren't usually in there, it was because it was a special event for the university that night. Some bouncers there like to try and power trip. Place is ALWAYS packed though, if you have to go to one place, this would be it.

Mile One, another one of my fav. Asian/gangstarrr central though, pretty heatbag, plus they make you tuck your chain in lolol but dancefloor's always bumpin

If you're into a bit more upscale places, Mercury is good, Opus, or Boulevard, in that order.

If you're into afterhours partying and trance & rave music, Warehouse is good, opens at 3am. Music is LOUD though, and you'll see some pretty sketched out people lol

JSALES 04-19-2009 02:34 PM

^ thanks for the info

BoneThug 06-25-2009 09:00 PM

bump

Timewav3zer0 06-25-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E N D L E S S (Post 6386968)

Mile One, another one of my fav. Asian/gangstarrr central though, pretty heatbag, plus they make you tuck your chain in lolol but dancefloor's always bumpin

that place sounds like Atlantis before they changed haha